Gang Land July 28 2022

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Gang Land July 28 2022

Post by B. »

JohnnyS wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:10 am
B. wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:49 am Mancuso may have authorized the Seccafico hit in 2009. Spirito Jr. was involved in the events leading up to it and it seems like Mancuso was already the defacto power by then. It being an issue within the Bronx crew that concerned the Spiritos makes it likely Mancuso weighed in -- his people did it if nothing else and it directly preceded him becoming official boss.

Based on what we're seeing of this guy's MO, it shouldn't be a surprise if we come to find out Mancuso encouraged Montagna's actions in Montreal. Wants to make bold, crazy statements and feels entitled to control everyone.

With high-ranking guys like DiPilato moving to Arizona and Jack Bonventre to Upstate New York, you wonder if they're looking to get away from this regime. I think DiPilato was with the Cammarano faction so maybe he got demoted or shelved.
"This Johnny P does not go away, and he gets another four to six months' run. It's done. Everybody would just walk away."
I was thinking of that quote. Also the part where Cammarano said things could have gotten violent.
chin_gigante wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:15 am
B. wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 2:49 am Mancuso may have authorized the Seccafico hit in 2009. Spirito Jr. was involved in the events leading up to it and it seems like Mancuso was already the defacto power by then. It being an issue within the Bronx crew that concerned the Spiritos makes it likely Mancuso weighed in -- his people did it if nothing else and it directly preceded him becoming official boss.
In the Madonna trial, Peter Lovaglio was asked on cross-examination if he had ever described Spirito Jr. as "capable" (Peter Lovaglio testimony notes). The question was objected to and sustained before he could answer, but it's an interesting tidbit. We know Lovaglio gave the FBI information about the Seccafico murder and tied it to the Bronx crew, so I think it's likely this question was a reference to that (Capeci, 2017). If this is the case, it's possible Spirito was on that hit team, either as the shooter or in another role.
Spirito Jr. seems eager to prove himself and is willing to commit audacious violence based on this recent attack. Wouldn't be surprised if Aiello was part of the Seccafico hit in some way as well, as we see him rise rapidly in the Bronx faction afterward and like Spirito he's been involved in other violence.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

My guess is Aiello and Spirito jr were both involved in the Seccafico hit. Both of them were made not long after.

EDIT: B. you beat me to it.:lol:
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

It's worth noting that it was also Aiello and Spirito jr that carried out the beating on Meldish on Mancuso's orders.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

A distant cousin of mine is in the crazy pistons. If I’m not mistaken they have a chapter upstate as well. From what I’ve heard they act like typical outlaw bikers weather they are 1% or not I do not know. But they def don’t fuck around.
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

The Pistons are a cruiser club probably one of the biggest in Brooklyn. They wear a NY GHETTOS bottom rocker. White guys black guys they don’t discriminate and they’re not a tough guy club but that’s not to say they don’t have plenty of tough guys as members. I saw 2 or 3 of them riding with some guys from Omertà and the Tainos on the Belt just a couple weeks ago.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Yea I’m just going off the few things I’ve heard. I have seen them a few times in the Newburgh area upstate
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

Thanks for posting, good GL this week particularly on the Bonannos.

Interesting to see Baci being linked to Ralph Balsamo/Genovese, I was at the Bay Ridge location by me last week and that one has long been rumored/implied/understood to be connected. Folks on these forums are periodically curious who the future of LCN is/their recruitment pool, there is no shortage of young mob wannabes (<40/45) that frequent that location, complete with things like the leased car, cigars, cheek kissing, etc. Business is booming there, usually completely packed and their clientele seems to be upper middle class+. The place is also across the street from Zio Toto, which from those who have followed Pennisi know its connected to the Gambinos Sicilians.
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Dr031718
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dr031718 »

Mancuso is certainly nuts. No mention of Joe Grimaldi in all of this. Wonder if he is still on the shelf and was allowed to attend.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Honestly.... it was kinda inevitable? No?

It simmered in the background.... but this man DID make a move to take the family. How DOES one respond to such an action? And still maintain credibility?

Dropped a quiet bomb too, Vito Grimaldi died.

Who's right here? Is Cammarano wrong for openly defying an order? Is Mancuso being unreasonable? Or was his shelving of them a reasonable response as an alternative to violence?

Maybe some kinda chart is in order for all the Wiseguys thst have outside muscle around them.... like the Serbs under the Gambinos. Like a map of the street that's under LCN influence.

The Bonnano Bronx guys seem maybe a little stupid, but they will back it up with violent action. Cammaranno seemed fed up. They gotta have a sitdown, at least Mancuso does. The Feds are watching too close.

This is maybe the type of thing that gets Mancuso ousted?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Couldn't tell from the article whether other Bonanno members were at the funeral or if it was just the Cammaranos and the attackers. Sounds like Cammarano was singled out and told not to attend so maybe other members were allowed to attend even though Grimaldi was shelved.

More evidence Sciremammano is one of the top Mancuso loyalists. When Palazzolo was acting boss one of his main guys was Sciremammano. Seems they deliberately sent made members and even captains to dish out the beating on Cammarano, as they could just as easily have sent associates and not exposed members to that kind of attention. Or in this case, to getting a beating themselves.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Dapper_Don wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 4:48 am The place is also across the street from Zio Toto, which from those who have followed Pennisi know its connected to the Gambinos Sicilians.
The Zio Toto that Pennisi always mentions is the SI location near Big Johns cigar bar not the Brooklyn one across from Baci but it’s same owners so you’re not wrong.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:21 am Honestly.... it was kinda inevitable? No?

It simmered in the background.... but this man DID make a move to take the family. How DOES one respond to such an action? And still maintain credibility?

Who's right here? Is Cammarano wrong for openly defying an order? Is Mancuso being unreasonable? Or was his shelving of them a reasonable response as an alternative to violence?

Maybe some kinda chart is in order for all the Wiseguys thst have outside muscle around them.... like the Serbs under the Gambinos. Like a map of the street that's under LCN influence.

The Bonnano Bronx guys seem maybe a little stupid, but they will back it up with violent action. Cammaranno seemed fed up. They gotta have a sitdown, at least Mancuso does. The Feds are watching too close.

I dont think anybody is really in the right. Mancuso should never have told Joe C to not go to his father in law's wake. It's an unreasonable request and technically Joe C was in the wrong for bringing outsiders into it. In the end it's an embarrassing situation for everyone involved but Mancuso comes out of this worse. His guys were beaten and embarrassed in front of civilians and most likely wiseguys from other families. Mancuso is backed into a corner now and if he doesnt retaliate then he looks weak. I wonder what the response from the other bosses will be, do they sit back, not get involved and let the situation play out or do they step in before violence potentially disrupts business.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Does the Lucchese Family even recognize Mancuso as official boss? That was still an issue when Pennisi was on the street, not sure if he said it was ever resolved. It sounded like the Luccheses were supporting Cammarano's takeover.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Dr031718 wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:00 am Mancuso is certainly nuts. No mention of Joe Grimaldi in all of this. Wonder if he is still on the shelf and was allowed to attend.
Yeah kinda funny there's no mention of Joseph Grimaldi in this. Can't imagine Mancuso would be so dense to have ordered Joseoh to not show up for his own father's funeral. Considered Vito was still shelved I think it's safe to say Joseph is too.
The late Vito Grimaldi, like his-son-in-law, was also shelved, essentially a defrocked mobster. But he was still a very valuable guy as far as Mancuso was concerned, sources say. That's because he opened Grimaldi's Home Of Bread, the legendary Ridgewood Queens bakery in 1959, and until he died at age 82, was paying a tribute to the Bonannos.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:21 am Honestly.... it was kinda inevitable? No?

Cammarano is on the shelf so he’s stripped of his membership.Technically, Mancuso isn’t his boss but he should have listened to him out of respect for his position as Cammarano was formerly apart of the life.