jimmy calandra

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: jimmy calandra

Post by B. »

Dades said Punchy Illiano was originally a DeCavalcante associate before he went with the Colombos for a little while, later getting made in the Genovese.
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

B. wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:17 am Dades said Punchy Illiano was originally a DeCavalcante associate before he went with the Colombos for a little while, later getting made in the Genovese.
If I remember correctly weren't there a couple DeCavalcante members in Carroll Gardens? I can't think of a family that didn't have at least one guy from Carroll Gardens..
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Another good Dades show. As bad as it sounds I'm really beginning to understand why they call Jimmy "Jimmy Dribbles" and Jimmy the Helmet. Dades damn near carried that session on his back and despite being asked some repeat questions and going over some stuff he's already covered before (like when Jimmy read a comment asking Dades if he knew the Mafia Cops; they've done 3 separate 90 minute streams on that topic already) - Dades managed to keep it interesting

I'm starting to think that Dades has a lot of little stories and knows a lot more guys than what he's already talked about. Definitely wouldn't mind more episodes with him, and also am looking forward to when they'll get the Carmine Imbrale guy on for real... that should be good. I forgot that Dades 'knew' all of those Brooklyn/SI DeCavalcantes from the late 90s and early 2000s..a show about more of that would be good, even if it's Jimmy facilitating the questions at 20 words per minute (speaking)
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

The Greek wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:54 pm
B. wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:17 am Dades said Punchy Illiano was originally a DeCavalcante associate before he went with the Colombos for a little while, later getting made in the Genovese.
If I remember correctly weren't there a couple DeCavalcante members in Carroll Gardens? I can't think of a family that didn't have at least one guy from Carroll Gardens..
Farone, Telese, and Rotondo were close to Colombo guys in that part of Brooklyn. The Gallos may or may not have been related to the Colombo ones but either way associated with that crowd. Vinny Palermo's brother was made into the Colombos and Bill Cutolo started out as an associate of the Brooklyn DeCavalcantes, so strong connections all around.

Throw in Illiano and DiBernardo and that group of 1950s/60s Brooklyn DeCavalcante associates was no joke.
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

Joe Pitts Conigliaro was a Carroll gardens guy connected to decavalcante. Not sure if he ended up being with gambino family, but was def at some point connected to DeCavs.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

newera_212 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 7:46 pm Another good Dades show. As bad as it sounds I'm really beginning to understand why they call Jimmy "Jimmy Dribbles" and Jimmy the Helmet. Dades damn near carried that session on his back and despite being asked some repeat questions and going over some stuff he's already covered before (like when Jimmy read a comment asking Dades if he knew the Mafia Cops; they've done 3 separate 90 minute streams on that topic already) - Dades

Dades is a nice guy, who grew up w all them and I hope he has a great life. he's very real. maybe he can do something big media wise or w boxing.
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

B. wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:54 pm
The Greek wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:54 pm
Farone, Telese, and Rotondo were close to Colombo guys in that part of Brooklyn. The Gallos may or may not have been related to the Colombo ones but either way associated with that crowd. Vinny Palermo's brother was made into the Colombos and Bill Cutolo started out as an associate of the Brooklyn DeCavalcantes, so strong connections all around.

Throw in Illiano and DiBernardo and that group of 1950s/60s Brooklyn DeCavalcante associates was no joke.
I had no idea wow
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

TSNYC wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:55 am Joe Pitts Conigliaro was a Carroll gardens guy connected to decavalcante. Not sure if he ended up being with gambino family, but was def at some point connected to DeCavs.
was he the guy in the wheelchair?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

The Greek wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 1:54 pm
TSNYC wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:55 am Joe Pitts Conigliaro was a Carroll gardens guy connected to decavalcante. Not sure if he ended up being with gambino family, but was def at some point connected to DeCavs.
was he the guy in the wheelchair?
Yeah, Conigliaro was a paraplegic following an earlier shooting in ‘73 that, IIRC, was “friendly fire” from a hit on some other guy. When Conigliaro died in ‘98, the papers had him as an “alleged Gambino family associate” and I don’t recall if it was ever established if he was made. DeCav associate Joseph Brideson was later convicted of setting up the ‘98 hit on Conigliaro (who survived long enough to make it to Methodist Hospital, where he died of a heart attack after being shot 5 times).
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

There are a couple Conigliario's in the Genovese family , from Staten Island. Doesn't seem like too common of a last name, even in somewhere like NY - any relation? Could easily see a family traversing from Downtown BK to Staten Island over the years

As far as the Brooklyn DeCavs - they seemed pretty spread out. Mill Basin, Downtown, some in Bensonhurst even. I wonder how the DeCavs spread through Brooklyn? Started at the Docks and just grew?
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

newera_212 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:05 pm There are a couple Conigliario's in the Genovese family , from Staten Island. Doesn't seem like too common of a last name, even in somewhere like NY - any relation? Could easily see a family traversing from Downtown BK to Staten Island over the years
For what its worth, there's a guy on reddit currently claiming to be Alex Conigliaro's son and has been sharing photos of him (presumably) and Alex in private messages to prove it. He also claims his father is now a Captain.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

newera_212 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:05 pm There are a couple Conigliario's in the Genovese family , from Staten Island. Doesn't seem like too common of a last name, even in somewhere like NY - any relation? Could easily see a family traversing from Downtown BK to Staten Island over the years

As far as the Brooklyn DeCavs - they seemed pretty spread out. Mill Basin, Downtown, some in Bensonhurst even. I wonder how the DeCavs spread through Brooklyn? Started at the Docks and just grew?
Not sure about the other Conigliaros, but it’s a common surname around Carini and San Giuseppe Jato, Palermo province. Could be direct relatives, or just from the same part of Sicily.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

Anyone see Jimmy get called out for making up a story about Tommy Karate? He also badly photoshopped a picture of him paulie g and tommy, hes not the brightest guy. He admitted to making the story up and said he was trying to "trigger" people. What a tard. Guy is also always posting fake news stories and is easily duped. I guess he thinks everyone is as dumb as he is.
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:56 am Anyone see Jimmy get called out for making up a story about Tommy Karate? He also badly photoshopped a picture of him paulie g and tommy, hes not the brightest guy. He admitted to making the story up and said he was trying to "trigger" people. What a tard. Guy is also always posting fake news stories and is easily duped. I guess he thinks everyone is as dumb as he is.
He's a complete clown..wannabe he was never even on record with anyone besides even made someone straightned out before he hit prison...LMAO.. complete bullshit artist..and people fall for it.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

JakeTheSnake630 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 6:56 am Anyone see Jimmy get called out for making up a story about Tommy Karate? He also badly photoshopped a picture of him paulie g and tommy, hes not the brightest guy. He admitted to making the story up and said he was trying to "trigger" people. What a tard. Guy is also always posting fake news stories and is easily duped. I guess he thinks everyone is as dumb as he is.
I've watched probably an unhealthy amount of Calandra videos (I shy away from the 2+ hour live streams though) and while I've heard him talk about Pitera quite a lot, I don't ever remember him saying that him and Paulie G went to visit Pitera in Prison. Not saying he didn't say it, I just haven't seen that video. The picture was blatantly fake though anyone could have seen through that.

Someone had a good point...if he's such a changed, god fearing man who is living positive and spreading positivity and all of that...he then goes and vacations in Vegas out of all places? lol