Let's talk about those Phillies

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

chin_gigante
Full Patched

Re: Let's talk about those Phillies

Post by chin_gigante »

Stopflexing wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:38 pm I know this hit came later but why was Felix Bocchino killed?
He was shaking down a lot of people for Stanfa, including one of Merlino's uncles, and apparently "abusing" everyone. Natale spoke to him on the phone but he denied abusing anyone and wouldn't stop. So they killed him
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I never understood why a family out of NY wouldn't back Stanfa and his old way of doing things. Merlino and his crew were all only in the mob because they had a relative/2nd generation in some way-at least 3/4 imo.
Then you have Stanfa who seemed to go about doing things in a more mature way for a lack of a better term.
But yet Stanfa is getting mostly has been or never was men off the street... I don't get it...you drive for Angelo Bruno, go to prison for almost 10 years (he did 8 if I call) for freaking perjury and come home to.... i never could grasp how Stanfa wasn't backed...
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:58 pm I never understood why a family out of NY wouldn't back Stanfa and his old way of doing things. Merlino and his crew were all only in the mob because they had a relative/2nd generation in some way-at least 3/4 imo.
Then you have Stanfa who seemed to go about doing things in a more mature way for a lack of a better term.
But yet Stanfa is getting mostly has been or never was men off the street... I don't get it...you drive for Angelo Bruno, go to prison for almost 10 years (he did 8 if I call) for freaking perjury and come home to.... i never could grasp how Stanfa wasn't backed...
You couldn't understand that Stanfa was an inept greaseball who was viewed as an outsider by guys downtown? That doofus was making waiters and ex-cops because the guys he needed supported Ciancaglini and Merlino. The more "mature" Stanfa was trying to clip journalists and relatives of made guys. The guy was a bonehead and the crew he put together tells you all you need to know about him.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Ravens410
Straightened out

Post by Ravens410 »

Stanfa put a hit out on Geraldo Rivera.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Ya chucky pretty much nailed it with that.

His main guy, John veasy, was like a waiter he liked at a pizzeria or some shit like that. Imagine that- being recruited by the mafia boss while ur working the register… u can’t make that shit up , and I believe Veasey was only half Sicilian or something like that. I kinda remember him being from Sicily but that is not good enough lol. He became his MAIN hitman too.

Who were the capos that supported him??
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

There’s a movie that is based on the Merlino vs stanfa war mixed with some Donnie brasco who helped write it

It’s pretty corney….10th n wolf
Stopflexing
Straightened out

Post by Stopflexing »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:37 am There’s a movie that is based on the Merlino vs stanfa war mixed with some Donnie brasco who helped write it

It’s pretty corney….10th n wolf
One of the worst mob movies ever
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 7:26 am His main guy, John veasy, was like a waiter he liked at a pizzeria or some shit like that.
That was Biagio Adornetto. Veasey was an ex-con Frank Martines recruited straight from a construction site. :lol:
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I know he didn't have anybody but why? The guy has been around did almost 10 yrs for perjury gets out and is recruiting civilians. He seemed more reputable imo
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:07 am I know he didn't have anybody but why? The guy has been around did almost 10 yrs for perjury gets out and is recruiting civilians. He seemed more reputable imo
It’s all about respect

And he wasn’t respected AT ALL - I mean just think about what was just went over… one MADE MEMBER came from a pizzeria and the other came from a construction site.

To me I’d be embarrassed to be RECRUITING like some junior ROTC club lol

HOW did he even get nominated for boss spot??? Or was it bc he did some time with a Genovese n it was all based on that??

Who were the capos under him?
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Tonyd621 wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:07 am I know he didn't have anybody but why? The guy has been around did almost 10 yrs for perjury gets out and is recruiting civilians. He seemed more reputable imo
you just answered your own question.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Cheech wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:59 am
Well he had to know some people to become Angelo Brunos driver. You don't get that job unless you know someone
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:06 am
Cheech wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:59 am
Well he had to know some people to become Angelo Brunos driver. You don't get that job unless you know someone
So he was Bruno’s driver, who gives a shit? I don’t think he was ever much of an earner; I think he was picked up on tape admitting he couldn’t run a sports book. A lot of the old timers still around when he became boss were alienated by him, and then you had guys like Licata and Sparacio who were friendly with Ciancaglini and Merlino. If he was smart he would have played ball with them.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Available evidence suggests Stanfa was made into the Caccamo Family like his brothers and Angelo Bruno, who was very close to the Sicilian mafia in both the US and Sicily, facilitated his transfer/entry into the Philly Family with the support of the Gambino Family.

However that meant little by 1990 when Angelo Bruno and most of the Philly Sicilian faction was dead or decrepit, plus his allies in NYC/NJ and Sicily had recently faced a legal storm and were in prison.
Jeff
Straightened out

Post by Jeff »

If Stanfa garnered such little respect on the street, how did he become boss?