The mobsters with more hits in 2022?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

jmack
Straightened out

Re: The mobsters with more hits in 2022?

Post by jmack »

Dave65827 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:51 pm Anthony Nicodemo could be a contender here as well as he Is a suspect in the Johnny Gongs and Long John murders and a confirmed participant in the DiPietro murder
I don’t see how it could be anyone else. He’s credibly accused in 3. I don’t know that anyone else is accused of more.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Jerry Scalise from Chicago has a lot of hits and he is still alive. His last one was probably the late 90s. He was part of the wild bunch with Harry Aleman.
Ciro_DiMarzio
Associate

Post by Ciro_DiMarzio »

Based on sheer numbers someone from Canada? That Scarfo guy just got convicted of 2 and must of had more. Someone with more knowledge of Montreal and Toronto would know more.

Vincenzo DiMaria? He got did 10 years in the 80s for second degree and was suspected to be part of Panepinto hit in 2000. Im sure theres lots more.
Sal Calautti (also suspect in Panepinto hit) from Toronto was suspected of at least ten by police but he's not around so that probably doesn't count. Just using him as an example of the numbers guys from Canada could possibly have.
https://torontosun.com/2013/07/13/slain ... l-mobsters
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Didn't Borghesi indicate one time with his hands he had quite a few
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

The mob in Montreal, Hamilton, and Toronto still behaves like the American Mob of the 1950's. Someone was shot a couple of weeks ago sitting at a table in a crowded restaraunt. It's a whole 'nother planet compared to the U.S. Though they farm out a lot of their hits to street gangs.
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

In New England, the last hits to my knowledge took place in the early 2000's and they had Billy Angelesco and Gene Giangrande's fingerprints all over them (not literally). Patsy Squillante in 2004 (whacked because it was feared he would testify against Angelesco in the Rogers murder), Bobby Rogers in 2000, Mark Eldridge shot in the face in a crowded Somerville mob linked bar (Candelino's), and the big one Peter DeVito who Angelesco shot in front of a crowd in a Route 1 strip joint. He was acquitted of that one.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Ciro_DiMarzio wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:36 pm Based on sheer numbers someone from Canada? That Scarfo guy just got convicted of 2 and must of had more. Someone with more knowledge of Montreal and Toronto would know more.
Depends on if Furio is asking about guys who actually pulled the trigger or were just present during the hit or even just apart of the conspiracy

Scarfo technically (as far as we know) only committed one murder where he was the actual trigger man. He was the one who killed Lorenzo Giordano and for the other murder he was convicted of he drove a car in front of Rocco Sollecito to make sure he stopped at the intersection the hitman was lying in wait.

We know the hitman who is testifying in these trials has committed at least 3 murders by his own admission – Both Falduto brothers and Rocco Sollecito.
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:47 am Didn't Borghesi indicate one time with his hands he had quite a few
He did/does, but the original question was from 2000-today. All of George’s were pre 2000.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Regarding being on the scene I think it's probably Anthony Nicodemo considering he's been linked to the Casasanto murder and was the driver in the DiPietro murder (I don't recall him being linked to the Martorano murder).

Anthony Arillotta was on the scene for the attempted murder of Frank Dadabo and the (unsanctioned) murder of Gary Westerman. He was also a conspirator in the Al Bruno murder.

Looking at murder conspiracies, Vincent Basciano has to be the number 1. He was a shooter in the Frank Santoro murder and ordered the Randolph Pizzolo killing. At various times he also solicited or conspired to kill Dominick Martino, Salvatore Vitale, Patrick DeFilippo, Frank Coppa Jr, Joseph Lino, Joseph D'Amico's parents, Lynette Ayuso, Joseph Bonelli, Greg Andres, and Michael Mancuso.

Speaking of Bonelli, he deserves a special mention considering Basciano wanted to kill him in the 2000s and the Genovese family wanted to kill him in the 2010s. Maybe third time's the charm.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

My own speculation, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Steve Mandell was responsible for/involved in the murders of Giacomo Ruggirello, Tony Catalano, Mike DeFilippis, George Markopoulos, and Wendy Bonder. The Feds, at least, told the press that they had strong reason to believe that Mandell was involved in the Ruggirello thing. I doubt that any of those will ever be solved (Mandell is in Florence ADMAX, so if he was going to talk, I’d think that would’ve happened already), anyway, so we’ll likely never know what happened.
Last edited by PolackTony on Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

chin_gigante wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:53 pm Speaking of Bonelli, he deserves a special mention considering Basciano wanted to kill him in the 2000s and the Genovese family wanted to kill him in the 2010s. Maybe third time's the charm.
It's going to be the Buffalo Family who finally kills him.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

B. wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:10 pm
chin_gigante wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 3:53 pm Speaking of Bonelli, he deserves a special mention considering Basciano wanted to kill him in the 2000s and the Genovese family wanted to kill him in the 2010s. Maybe third time's the charm.
It's going to be the Buffalo Family who finally kills him.
What a twist! I knew Todaro was cooking up something other than pizza
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

jmack wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:14 pm
Dave65827 wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 4:51 pm Anthony Nicodemo could be a contender here as well as he Is a suspect in the Johnny Gongs and Long John murders and a confirmed participant in the DiPietro murder
I don’t see how it could be anyone else. He’s credibly accused in 3. I don’t know that anyone else is accused of more.
I thought it was floating around that dame actually did gongs, but that nicodemo was also in on it…
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Nicodemo, Dame, dom, that’s a pretty solid young Capable crew..
chubby
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by chubby »

Seems to like Philly is one of the last families especially outside nyc who seems to still like most of their young guys who get their buttons to do work…. It seems like almost everyone in the Philly fam has probably at least participated in a murder… would love to see a list.. of course we can’t say for certain since a lot haven’t been convicted .. but still..