Angel Gotti

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: Angel Gotti

Post by PolackTony »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:12 pm
PolackTony wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:51 am
Chris Christie wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:44 am
B. wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:27 pm First time I talked to Tony off the board I thought he was a Puerto Rican gangbanger from the Bronx pretending to be a Polack English major online. Not even joking, guy could have a rap career if he wanted.
He sounds exactly like Manny Montana from Mayans MC to me. When we're on the phone that's who I imagine is on the other line.
The History Channel series "Gangland" did an episode on my hood. This is the world that I came (and escaped) from. Let's say I knew a number of the people featured in this episode and their families. Anyone from Chicago, I can just tell them that I come from Humboldt Park and went to Roberto Clemente HS, and they'll understand what that means.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5f3a8k
Lol, so they did BOTH our hoods. Kinda funny
Yup, lol. I mean, they both definitely merited that attention. Another thing they have in common is that today they’re both a far cry from what they used to be back in the day.

In the 90s, when they started moving people out of Cabrini, they actually moved a bunch of people to Section 8 buildings in Humboldt Park, and you can probably imagine how well that genius plan went. A section of GDs from Cabrini opened up on Haddon and Rockwell, which caused a major problem with the MLDs, as they started competing over drug clientele. That situation devolved into outright war, as the GDs allied themselves with the Spanish Cobras (even though for decades the GDs and MLDs considered themselves “1st cousins”, as the MLDs started as a Puerto Rican offshoot of the BGDs, essentially), who had by then become bitter enemies of the MLDs. The last thing that area needed was yet another gang war.
CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:08 pm Bro... I'm not gone lie... I always heard Roberto Clemente was rough, but I couldn't get over the escalators. The same school used to be on Division, right?
Clemente has always been located in the same building at Division and Western since it opened in 1974 (two years after Roberto Clemente died). It replaced the old Tuley HS, which was on the north side of the intersection where the Clemente gym was built, which by then had become severely overcrowded and plagued with gang activity. Clemente almost immediately became a complete shitshow and was known as one of the very worst high schools in Chicago, on the same level as schools like DuSable (appallingly bad, even by piss poor CPS standards). When I was there in the early/mid 90s, the graduation rate was under 30% (supposedly it had one of the lowest graduation rates of any HS in the country at the time), and was completely overrun with gangs and general mayhem and insanity. By that time, the school was completely controlled by Folks, and the MLDs and Cobras even had different lunchroom shifts to attempt to cut down on, basically, riots erupting. Kings and other People basically couldn’t attend there, as they would be attacked if found out (there was one incident where they discovered that some kid was a King and they hung him by his feet from a window on the 8th floor).

The escalators are because the school is 8 stories. And they sucked, because the kids would run up and down the escalators and jam them up with garbage and break them all the time, forcing everyone to have to walk up to the 8th floor. It also provided the opportunity for kids to throw objects and refuse (books, food that they would steal from the cafeterias and stash somewhere until it was rotten so they could pelt people with it) from the top floors all the way down (they once dropped a dictionary down and put some kid in a coma). There was also the famous incident where a group of chicks hated on some girl for being cute and pushed her into the grate at the bottom of the escalator which ripped all of her hair out. Lots of fun stuff at Clemente. The football team was banned from playing at a number of other schools because of repeated attacks, not to mention all of the home games at Clemente that got cancelled when shootings and riots broke out (once a mob of Cobras broke onto the field with sledgehammers and bats during a game and attacked the visiting team).
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:26 pm Carmen is carbon.

This was Walter White in Breaking Bad for those who didn't get it.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:39 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:26 pm Carmen is carbon.

This was Walter White in Breaking Bad for those who didn't get it.

Pogo
You’re like a machine for these lol.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

PolackTony wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:10 pm
Rocco wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:03 pm
PolackTony wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:18 am
Rocco wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:26 am
CornerBoy wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:22 pm I heard on one of those youtube channels that angel gotti isnt really john gotti's daughter?
I've never met an Italian girl names Angel in my life. I know allot of Puerto Rican girls names Angel though.. :mrgreen:
Ángel is a male name in Spanish and very common as a given name for Puerto Rican men. The female equivalent is Ángela.
Tony are you calling Angel a Puerto Rican man..?
Unlike in Spanish, in English Angel can be a male or female name.
Im breakin balls pal !
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

From a 1960s interview with John Gotti's parents:

JoeCamel
Straightened out

Post by JoeCamel »

B. wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:33 pm From a 1960s interview with John Gotti's parents:

Thank you this I what I was referring to earlier.