jimmy calandra

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pmac2
Full Patched

Re: jimmy calandra

Post by Pmac2 »

I also belive if he didn't get arrested for the lady's murder he would still be involved in the life so he's very hypocritical. His whole platform. You can tell he misses the life and if he wasn't looking at life for that lady's murder probably would have done a 10 piece and still be therw
NewEnglandHere
Honorary Member

Post by NewEnglandHere »

i enjoy his you tube chanel wish him the best book maybe movie soon
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:25 am
rphillips wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 6:02 am btw what is bath beach like now?
Russians, Mexicans, Chinese and Muslims of all stripes. Still some Italians but on the western edge of the neighborhood closest to Dyker Park.
Sad how much has changed in last 10-20 years...Half of the buildings/stores on 86 street is Chinese writing. Still Italians and little Irish but not like it was.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

He’s saying he’s starting a website to expose internet trolls 😂
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Maybe I'm a wuss but those guys and hte new springville were both very scary and violent.

When talking about bath and derosa's beepers, if you owed 1,000 they would walk you home with a submachine gun to your head while going to retrieve the money. Madness.

Thank god we moved to manhattan.
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

newera_212 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:08 am Original poster - Bath Beach now is a lot of arabians and chinese. Some white people still left too. Lots of arabian kids who's fathers run delis or own businesses that drive around in Infinitis and shit like that. Kids that work in the MCA business. Still a lot of scumbaggery but it's modern day, not Italian street scumbaggery at the level it was at 30 years ago. Highly doubt there are any active social clubs left there lmao. Unless it's a storefront Mosque.
im laughing over here at the infiniti comment, as it is spot on.
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:50 pm
Russians, Mexicans, Chinese and Muslims of all stripes. Still some Italians but on the western edge of the neighborhood closest to Dyker Park.
Sad how much has changed in last 10-20 years...Half of the buildings/stores on 86 street is Chinese writing. Still Italians and little Irish but not like it was.
seems to me like all the chinese folks from canal st,etc in manhattan from back in the day moved down to that area in brooklyn considering how they have taken over. The Mrs was telling me theres still quite a number of older Italians (fixed income/bought storefronts or houses cheap back in the day who are still there)
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Dapper_Don wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:02 pm
seems to me like all the chinese folks from canal st,etc in manhattan from back in the day moved down to that area in brooklyn considering how they have taken over. The Mrs was telling me theres still quite a number of older Italians (fixed income/bought storefronts or houses cheap back in the day who are still there)
IME, yes, there still a sizeable Italian population in Bensonhurst, though they do seem to mainly be older (as Johnny said, more noticeable going towards Dyker Heights). Tons of not just Chinese, but also Mexicans, Central Asians, Arabs, Pakistanis, etc there now. I’ve spent a lot of time in Bensonhurst, and if I didn’t know about the history of the neighborhood, I wouldn’t think of it as a definitely “Italian” neighborhood today, apart from the core strip on 18th Ave. Even then, I’d wonder how many of the patrons of the remaining Italian businesses on 18th Ave live in the area, rather than driving in from SI, LI, NJ.

There’s still a Polish restaurant there too, Chris’s on 86th St. There’s been enough continuing Polish immigration to BK to keep a couple of places (outside of Greenpoint) going, though I wonder how long that will last. I’ve been told by old timers from the area that back in the day there were a number of Polish alongside the Italians, Jews, and Irish in Bensonhurst.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:30 pm
IME, yes, there still a sizeable Italian population in Bensonhurst, though they do seem to mainly be older (as Johnny said, more noticeable going towards Dyker Heights). Tons of not just Chinese, but also Mexicans, Central Asians, Arabs, Pakistanis, etc there now. I’ve spent a lot of time in Bensonhurst, and if I didn’t know about the history of the neighborhood, I wouldn’t think of it as a definitely “Italian” neighborhood today, apart from the core strip on 18th Ave. Even then, I’d wonder how many of the patrons of the remaining Italian businesses on 18th Ave live in the area, rather than driving in from SI, LI, NJ.

There’s still a Polish restaurant there too, Chris’s on 86th St. There’s been enough continuing Polish immigration to BK to keep a couple of places (outside of Greenpoint) going, though I wonder how long that will last. I’ve been told by old timers from the area that back in the day there were a number of Polish alongside the Italians, Jews, and Irish in Bensonhurst.
Yep, I know Chris's, on the corner of 86th and Bay 20th St. Dont think ive ever had Polish food, will try to check out in the future. Problem is im on 87th in Bay Ridge and am already swamped with all kinds of great restaurants by me. Few weeks ago we were having dinner at this amazing Italian place by me we love (Brooklyn Roots) and Roger Clemens was there eating with his family, I think he was in town for something at Yankee stadium.
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

Clemens son plays for the unaffiliated minor league team in Staten Island, likely had to do with that, think Clemens was at the home opener. Brooklyn roots is fantastic
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

I'm on 18th avenue every night it's a third world country now...
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

TSNYC wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:40 am Clemens son plays for the unaffiliated minor league team in Staten Island, likely had to do with that, think Clemens was at the home opener. Brooklyn roots is fantastic
Ahh yes thats right, good point. I hear that, great food the chef is a gentleman as well.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Dapper_Don wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:39 am
PolackTony wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:30 pm

Yep, I know Chris's, on the corner of 86th and Bay 20th St. Dont think ive ever had Polish food, will try to check out in the future. Problem is im on 87th in Bay Ridge and am already swamped with all kinds of great restaurants by me. Few weeks ago we were having dinner at this amazing Italian place by me we love (Brooklyn Roots) and Roger Clemens was there eating with his family, I think he was in town for something at Yankee stadium.
One of the best Polish restaurants in NYC, IMO, is Polonica on 83rd and 3rd Ave in Bay Ridge. As a Polack, it's highly recommended.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

seems to me like all the chinese folks from canal st,etc in manhattan from back in the day moved down to that area in brooklyn considering how they have taken over.
I'm not sure about that - I don't know much about the Chinese but I think the Chinese communities in different boroughs consist of Chinese people from totally different regions & class types in China. The Manhattan Chinatown people are looked down upon by the rest, especially those in Flushing where there is an insane, ungodly amount of money and development. Manhattan Chinatown has a lot more Cantonese speakers too, I think. I don't think the Chinatowns in BK, Queens (Flushing and Elmhurst) and Manhattan are interchangeable. Those areas are fascinating to me because they are pretty much left alone to their own devices, not assimilated at all. People managing to run businesses, buy & sell property, make a living for 50+ years without learning the language or leaving the neighborhood. The NYPD doesn't have a ton of native Cantonese & Mandarin speakers. IDK - I feel like those places are their own cities and the people are just doing whatever the fuck they want lol - it's crazy
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Back to Jimmy - I do like his channel and especially love the episodes with Dates, but he is OBSESSED with "trolls" and the whole Mob Tube scene and other people talking about him, to the point of detriment. I've been watching him less and less... it's getting boring and tiresome. Even on Dades last episode in the middle of talking about something serious, Jimmy went on some rant about trolls and Dades absolutely did not know or care what he was talking about

Another funny thing I've noticed is that ever since the Rob Rosso guy made that video basically telling Jimmy about himself, Jimmy has been doubling down about how crazy people like Tommy and Fabrzio were. Prior to Rosso's video, Jimmy would always say that some of the Bath Ave guys would party and enjoy drugs in moderation but none were "crackheads" as the media pinned on them and they'd never get high before work/missions. Now that Rosso dropped that video, Jimmy's managed to find ways to crowbar how out of control everyone was getting on drugs into every video now

Anyway...rant/observation over. MRE called it - he said Jimmy would lose viewers soon if he kept talking about non-mob related stuff. I'm with him. I just want old Paulie G stories and Spero stories and stories about the neighborhood. I don't care about Jimmy's battles with the trolls or how good of a guy he claims to be now or any of that other bullshit. The whole 'scene' is retarded - that's why Pennisi has always been a cut above. Besides the one-of-a-kind modern info, he never addresses anything going on outside of his own channel