The Gambinos

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Uforeality
Straightened out

The Gambinos

Post by Uforeality »

Gotti said that they need more money makers and not killers. The Corozzos made bigtime money...to this day. I'm sure there's a handful of other Gambinos that are big earners. After all of this time I've often wondered, why hasn't the Corozzo fellas taken hold of the borgata?
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Re: The Gambinos

Post by OcSleeper »

How'd you expect them to do that? Why doesn't just any made guy take over?
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

Pennisi said he was slated to take over as Boss before Operation Old Bridge put a stop to that plan. Seems he just suffered from bad luck.
Uforeality
Straightened out

Post by Uforeality »

OcSleeper wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:40 pm How'd you expect them to do that? Why doesn't just any made guy take over?
The Corozzos just aren't any "made guys".
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

nizarsoccer wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:44 pm Pennisi said he was slated to take over as Boss before Operation Old Bridge put a stop to that plan. Seems he just suffered from bad luck.
Apparently. Same thing happened to Nick Corozzo when he was busted in 1996.
All roads lead to New York.
Ovation32
Associate

Post by Ovation32 »

I had wondered this for a while too. However, at this point Nick and Jo Jo are a bit older and would not be able to withstand another prison sentence (and I don't know the status of Blaise).

I think a good analogy would be Daniel Marino (who is Nick's contemporary). Marino tried it once (it may have been after Gotti took over - I don't recall whether he was a part of the Gigante-Casso plot to assassinate Gotti that ultimately killed Frankie DeCicco). It is not always so easy. Moreover, if the Sicilians are the money-makers and sociopaths they are stereotyped as, taking over from Cefalu (assuming he is the true head of the borgata) would not be a simple task and the family may also be making ample money to render it a silly decision.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

It was supposed to happen but they have missed those opportunities due to indictments
Uforeality
Straightened out

Post by Uforeality »

The son is house counsel and Jo Jo and little Nick and bona-fide gangsters who make a lot of money for the family. So if one was elevated to the top would it be Jo Jo or Little Nick?
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Jimmy Calandra just put out a video on Cefalu. He mentioned he was in prison in Otisville with Cefalu in 1993 when Peter Gotti became boss. According to Calandra Cefalu was congregating with other made members after Gotti was elected boss to try to figure out how to take over the Gambinos.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

His timeline is off since Peter Gotti did not become Acting Boss until 1999 and Official Boss until 2001/2. John Gotti was still firmly in control in 1993.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Ovation32
Associate

Post by Ovation32 »

Blaise is another brother and a soldier. The attorney is Jo Jo (I assume he is the elder Jo Jo's son).
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

moneyman wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:16 pm Jimmy Calandra just put out a video on Cefalu. He mentioned he was in prison in Otisville with Cefalu in 1993 when Peter Gotti became boss. According to Calandra Cefalu was congregating with other made members after Gotti was elected boss to try to figure out how to take over the Gambinos.
Probably did time with him but he can’t just say that can he, story reeks of bullshit as usual, had to add in a lie
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Is Blaise a nickname for something?
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

stubbs wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:31 pm Is Blaise a nickname for something?
Nope, it’s his name.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Ovation32 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:16 pm Blaise is another brother and a soldier. The attorney is Jo Jo (I assume he is the elder Jo Jo's son).
Yeah that's Joseph's son. Blaise has two sons Nicholas and Blaise jr. Nicholas was proposed for membership in the 2000s and I think Blaise jr was considered an associate.