Massino interview???

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Uforeality
Straightened out

Re: Massino interview???

Post by Uforeality »

Massino would be an absolute coup....
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

Scott’s playing this one real close to the vest.
jimmyb
Straightened out

Post by jimmyb »

It's not just an interview, so it takes a lot of resources and coordination to pull something like this together. He's devoting a lot of time to making it happen, that's for certain.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Yawn...
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

jimmyb wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:39 pm It's not just an interview, so it takes a lot of resources and coordination to pull something like this together. He's devoting a lot of time to making it happen, that's for certain.
Not just an interview? You mean a book deal and Primetime interview with Diane Sawyer?
All roads lead to New York.
jimmyb
Straightened out

Post by jimmyb »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:30 pm
jimmyb wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 12:39 pm It's not just an interview, so it takes a lot of resources and coordination to pull something like this together. He's devoting a lot of time to making it happen, that's for certain.
Not just an interview? You mean a book deal and Primetime interview with Diane Sawyer?
:D I would def sign up for that deal with Massino, lol.

I should have said "it's not an interview per se."
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Would like to ask Massino how much he actually knew about Bonanno Family history and the zip faction, or if he just saw them as being "from Italy". Easy to forget, but Joe Massino's wife was Castellammarese.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

No way in hell is it Barney
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

AntComello wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:45 am No way in hell is it Barney
It could be Barney's cousin with the same name
jimmyb
Straightened out

Post by jimmyb »

B. wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:31 am Would like to ask Massino how much he actually knew about Bonanno Family history and the zip faction, or if he just saw them as being "from Italy". Easy to forget, but Joe Massino's wife was Castellammarese.
100% that's what I would ask too. Along those lines, If i could pick any underworld figure to interview---and I'm talking about my own research agenda, not the podcast, ir would be Baldo Amato.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

jimmyb wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:26 am
B. wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 1:31 am Would like to ask Massino how much he actually knew about Bonanno Family history and the zip faction, or if he just saw them as being "from Italy". Easy to forget, but Joe Massino's wife was Castellammarese.
100% that's what I would ask too. Along those lines, If i could pick any underworld figure to interview---and I'm talking about my own research agenda, not the podcast, ir would be Baldo Amato.
Even if there’s less than 0% chance of it actually happening, I agree - Baldo would be an awesome interview. Even though he’s been in prison for a long time now, he was very active and in the middle of Bonnano family intrigue over the past 45+ years.

Would be fascinated to learn his opinion on:
- his days coming up under Galante (and what led him & Cesare to betray him)
- his perspective on Cesare’s rise then the events leading up to his death
- the murder of the 3 Capo’s
- the zip drug trafficking business
- the aftermath of his Giannini crew (as well as the connections of many of his crews fathers to the drug biz)
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

AntComello wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:45 am No way in hell is it Barney
I’m dead serious he’d have a better shot at landing Trump.
jimmyb
Straightened out

Post by jimmyb »

Southshore88 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:15 am
jimmyb wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 9:26 am
Even if there’s less than 0% chance of it actually happening, I agree - Baldo would be an awesome interview. Even though he’s been in prison for a long time now, he was very active and in the middle of Bonnano family intrigue over the past 45+ years.

Would be fascinated to learn his opinion on:
- his days coming up under Galante (and what led him & Cesare to betray him)
- his perspective on Cesare’s rise then the events leading up to his death
- the murder of the 3 Capo’s
- the zip drug trafficking business
- the aftermath of his Giannini crew (as well as the connections of many of his crews fathers to the drug biz)
Yes! I would ask him about all that. I would also like to know how privy guys like Amato and Bonventre were to what was going on in CDG. There was a lot of violence and tumult there during the 80s and 90s. I wonder to what extent guys in Brooklyn were updated on those events---and to what extent Zips in Brooklyn even cared about cosa nostra happenings in CDG.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

jimmyb wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:41 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:30 pm
:D I would def sign up for that deal with Massino, lol.

I should have said "it's not an interview per se."
Jimmy sooooooo it is something involving mssino tho for sure it sounds like
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Everyone's going to be soooooo let down when this turns out to be Jimmy Calandra.

"I saw Anthony Spero once at his club! Wanna buy my used sneakers?!"
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.