Luciano / 1931 Mythology

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Re: Luciano / 1931 Mythology

Post by Angelo Santino »

One thing the Valachi Papers with Bronson didn't get wrong is the importance of rank. In the film there's several scenes where those of higher rank won't talk to those of lower ranks without a 3rd party. It could have served as comedic effect or their could be something more to it.

*Italian music plays.
Maranzano: "Why izzuh he wet?"
Raina: "Mr. Maranzano want's to know why is he wet?"
Bender: "I don't know why he's wet. Why's he wet, Gap?"
Gap: "I dunno."
Bender shakes his hand to Raina who whispers to Maranzano:
"He dunno."
Maranzano like he was explained something: "Oh."

I'll have to ask Mike a "Dumb question" because maybe there was something to that. I don't know. But I fucking love VP with Bronson.
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

I’m sure you remember, but that’s in the book as well. Pretty sure Luciano spoke to Valachi through Costello about getting some jukeboxes. Later though, Luciano did speak to him directly at Valachi’s fathers funeral
Charlie
Straightened out

Post by Charlie »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 1:28 pm Mobsters is a guilty pleasure. Is Richard Grieco even still alive?

I always thought one of the best portrayals was Ben Kingsley playing Lansky in the movie Bugsy.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Chris Christie wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 3:09 pm One thing the Valachi Papers with Bronson didn't get wrong is the importance of rank. In the film there's several scenes where those of higher rank won't talk to those of lower ranks without a 3rd party. It could have served as comedic effect or their could be something more to it.

*Italian music plays.
Maranzano: "Why izzuh he wet?"
Raina: "Mr. Maranzano want's to know why is he wet?"
Bender: "I don't know why he's wet. Why's he wet, Gap?"
Gap: "I dunno."
Bender shakes his hand to Raina who whispers to Maranzano:
"He dunno."
Maranzano like he was explained something: "Oh."

I'll have to ask Mike a "Dumb question" because maybe there was something to that. I don't know. But I fucking love VP with Bronson.
Bro... this is a goofy myth too... disproven too many times to count...
Gelis
Associate

Re: Luciano the Myth

Post by Gelis »

JoelTurner wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 10:26 am
Gelis wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 2:28 pm
Also I've been looking at Luciano's FBI files over at Internet Archive and saw an interesting statement from a FBI interview with Joe Profaci that he visited Luciano's father Antonio when he, Profaci, first came to the US. Anyone have any idea what that's about as Luciano's family, as stated, appears to have had no Sicilian mafia connections?
I'd be kind of surprised, I don't think they really approved let alone that they had mafia ties. Didn't his parents pretty much kick him out of the house because of his activities? Plus, his father never visited him when he was in prison.

Surprised myself, which is why I wonder if anyone could shed any light on it.

Gelis
Associate

Post by Gelis »

Damn, can someone let me know how to attach a copy of the FBI file page?
Gelis
Associate

Post by Gelis »