Massino interview???

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

dave
Straightened out

Re: Massino interview???

Post by dave »

OcSleeper wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:21 pm
dave wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:59 pm Well, the biggest person from the underworld most people can think of would most likely be from LCN I think. Do you remember which episode of Original Gangsters it was?
Could be some Mexican drug lord. Maybe Scott went to ADX and talked with El Chapo. Maybe Scott is reading these and laughing at how far off we are :lol:

I'm pretty sure it was the Montreal episode or the Frank Panessa one, they're the only ones I watched recently. When they mentioned it, it was near the end of the episode too.
Thanks. I just read the PAE guy on Reddit saying "It may also be Sal Vitale though", so he might just be guessing based off of what Scott said on the podcast.
Gelis
Associate

Post by Gelis »

dave wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:31 pm
dave wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 3:59 pm Well, the biggest person from the underworld most people can think of would most likely be from LCN I think. Do you remember which episode of Original Gangsters it was?
Could be some Mexican drug lord. Maybe Scott went to ADX and talked with El Chapo. Maybe Scott is reading these and laughing at how far off we are :lol:

I'm pretty sure it was the Montreal episode or the Frank Panessa one, they're the only ones I watched recently. When they mentioned it, it was near the end of the episode too.
Thanks. I just read the PAE guy on Reddit saying "It may also be Sal Vitale though", so he might just be guessing based off of what Scott said on the podcast.
Vitale would be a massive letdown as he's a prick and we've heard it all before. Unless he makes something up.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

Gelis wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:36 pm
dave wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 4:31 pm

Vitale would be a massive letdown as he's a prick and we've heard it all before. Unless he makes something up.
It was also noted during Vitale’s testimony how poor his memory with both names and dates were. Seemed like he struggled keeping everything in order with the right people involved.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

How funny would it be if it was Frank Pasqua 3rd.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Watch it be Merlino.
Uforeality
Straightened out

Post by Uforeality »

Massino interview would be amazing. So many questions. It would have to be like 3 hours tho...
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Biggest potential interview guests, just off the top of my head:

* Joe Massino
* Joey Merlino
* Joe Todaro Jr
* Raymond Patriarca Jr
* Vincenzo Morena
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

stubbs wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:10 am Biggest potential interview guests, just off the top of my head:

* Joe Massino
* Joey Merlino
* Joe Todaro Jr
* Raymond Patriarca Jr
* Vincenzo Morena
I cannot see Merlino ever doing an interview
Anthony “Tumac” Accetturo would be one with big potential
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Hasn't Cantarella in interviews talked about how he's still in touch with Massino? That could be the path to an interview with Massino
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

Is Carmine Sessa still alive?
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

First LCN Boss of one of New York’s legendary Five Familes to testify…Joseph “Big Joey” Massino is going to give his 1st interview to Scott Burstein on a podcast with only fan boys listening and make $50 or $0?

Ummmm….no fucking way. Are you guys high?

Big Joey would go on Dateline, 20/20, Joe Rogan Experience or some place and get a big payday. $75,000 to $100,000 is what his interview is worth. I bet Scott drives a 2002 Toyota Camry. He can’t pay Massino.

You guys are delusional if you think he’s going on Scott’s podcast. Smoking the reefer much?

Fuhgetaboutit
#Let’s Go Brandon!
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

I smell a hater
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

chin_gigante wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:38 am Hasn't Cantarella in interviews talked about how he's still in touch with Massino? That could be the path to an interview with Massino
No - I think he said he'd LIKE to be in touch with Massino. On an interview I think it was Cantaraella who asked the interviewer if HE had been in touch with Massino, because if he were, Cantarella would like to reach out and extend an invite for Massino to come live with him. He said he "knows" Massino is living somewhere alone, away from NY and away from family, and feels bad thinking about him living all alone.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

As long as it's not Gravano I am excited about the prospect of this interview no matter who it is...

For as much info as Massino has, he may not even have the personality for all we know, required to really carry a good interview. Any interview he'd potentially do, like SB mentioned above, would make sense if it were for a 'big money' widespread audience - meaning we'd get a lot of generic surface level stuff versus the nitty gritty info that all of us on this board would want (which we could find buried in his testimony already). And he'd only go on one of those types of platforms if he's not a total dud and/or has some media training. Sammy was able to hack it on those types of platforms because he has a little personality. Massino, just going off his testimony (where I know you really aren't supposed to let your personality shine) seemed like a very dull, unexcitable guy. I have low hopes for a Massino interview, ever, and if we get one - it'd be something like a PBD interview asking Massino the basics about Costa Nostra and whether he knew of Sammy and Alite on the street. Shit like that. Where as weirdos like me wants to hear about what the Toyland Social Club looked like, a rundown of the Commission meeting at Louis Restivo's house in 2000, etc...
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

newera_212 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:48 am As long as it's not Gravano I am excited about the prospect of this interview no matter who it is...

For as much info as Massino has, he may not even have the personality for all we know, required to really carry a good interview. Any interview he'd potentially do, like SB mentioned above, would make sense if it were for a 'big money' widespread audience - meaning we'd get a lot of generic surface level stuff versus the nitty gritty info that all of us on this board would want (which we could find buried in his testimony already). And he'd only go on one of those types of platforms if he's not a total dud and/or has some media training. Sammy was able to hack it on those types of platforms because he has a little personality. Massino, just going off his testimony (where I know you really aren't supposed to let your personality shine) seemed like a very dull, unexcitable guy. I have low hopes for a Massino interview, ever, and if we get one - it'd be something like a PBD interview asking Massino the basics about Costa Nostra and whether he knew of Sammy and Alite on the street. Shit like that. Where as weirdos like me wants to hear about what the Toyland Social Club looked like, a rundown of the Commission meeting at Louis Restivo's house in 2000, etc...
Good post. Agree. Us nerds would want boring details a big interview would not cater too.
Good point on Gravano as well. Id take Pasqua 3rd over Sammy at this stage.

And for the record, it wasnt me who posted the post, above. Check the name. Ryan123456 has adopted my avatar.
I think he's a little in love with me.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.