Who will be the new Colombo boss?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Who will be the new Colombo boss?

Post by Etna »

Teddy is/was the boss in my opinion and Andy was propped up - if he was sick. Teddy has been in the running for years - way back when he was released.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

It was reported that Russo was only a temporary Boss. That he was going to step down once Teddy Persico was off parole restrictions. Of course the indictment threw a monkey wrench in those plans.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

Doesn't seem like going with the guy who is maybe the worst in the life at staying out of the can the last 30 years (outside the guys doing life) would be the best choice as leader of your family but I guess he'll always eat whatever sentence he gets when it inevitably comes again.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Keep in mind half the family captains flipped in 2011 ain’t Much to choose from that aren’t informers or undercover cops
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

luciang wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:05 pm Michael Franzese hinted in his last video that Andrew Mush wasn't the actual boss of the familly in reality
Like he would know.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

He's probably alluding to Allie boy is pulling the strings from jail. I find it interesting michael has spoken about Allie being his sons godfather and they were beat friends he never mentioned him in the past. Which also makes sense because he didn't want that problem
luciang
Associate

Post by luciang »

TommyGambino wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 12:06 am
luciang wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 3:05 pm Michael Franzese hinted in his last video that Andrew Mush wasn't the actual boss of the familly in reality
Like he would know.
Why wouldn't he still have information? He could still get info from feds contacts or something

Pmac2 wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 5:26 am He's probably alluding to Allie boy is pulling the strings from jail. I find it interesting michael has spoken about Allie being his sons godfather and they were beat friends he never mentioned him in the past. Which also makes sense because he didn't want that problem
It does seem like that's what is saying.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

That is probably true. It was reported that since at least the early 2000s Allie Boy was the one giving the orders from prison despite his father having the official title. I don't see why that would have changed when Carmine died. Then again if Allie Boy was going to continue making all the decisions what would be the point of naming Russo and then Teddy Persico the Official Boss.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 5:47 pm It was reported that Russo was only a temporary Boss. That he was going to step down once Teddy Persico was off parole restrictions. Of course the indictment threw a monkey wrench in those plans.
Yeah Im not certain about the post Snake Bo's leadership info is any sort of concrete.
Firstly, who would know that Mush was offical, only waiting for Teddy? Wouldnt that make Mush acting? If Mush is official, whos going to tell him to give it up? He'd just be a patsy.
Secondly Allie boy is the X factor here. He was rumoured for years to be taking over, despite incarceration, when his father would pass. That family is not exactly known for giving up the reigns. Allie's sole income would likely be holding an admin position so he gets an envelope. He certainly doesnt have a crew on the streets and wasnt on the streets long enough to build up too big a book. Yes Teddy and Mush are relatives but I honestly dont see Allie boy giving the official title. Maybe an acting or admin position, but not the crown.

Too many questions for yours to be certain about any of the recent info.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I believe it was in one of the wiretaps that Teddy Persico was going to become the new Boss once he was off parole. Capeci wrote shout it in one of his columns.

Pogo
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

I can't find anything from Capeci except him referring to Teddy as the heir apparent.

From the detention memo
In mid-November 2020, the Colombo family leadership met at a restaurant in Brooklyn. Law enforcement officers surveilling the meeting observed Racketeering Defendants Russo, Castellazzo, DiMatteo, Ferrara and Vincent Ricciardo attending the meeting. During the meeting, it was decided that Russo would continue to serve as family boss and that Persico would take over the leadership after Russo and upon his completion of federal supervised release.
Since it's already been decided I think Teddy will still become Boss. It's not like he's looking at life here so there's no reason to change the plans, especially with the rest of the admin under indictment as well as half the Capos.

We assume nepotism played a role in the decision for Teddy to become Boss, which I'm sure it somewhat did. But there are people who support it like Uvino, who couldn't wait for him to take over. Probably safe to assume Ricciardo shares the same opinion.
Later during the conversation, Uvino explained that when Persico took over control of the crime family, Vincent Ricciardo, he and others in Vincent Ricciardo’s crew would have an easier time in handling the Labor Union and Health Fund:

CC-1: That upstairs is not gonna try to change things on him?
You know, they’ve done it before, where they tell him to
back off, do this, don’t do this.
UVINO: Listen it’s too far gone now.
CC-1: Yea, and I said to him, what protection do we have if the
other guy takes over?
UVINO: Listen once they see, once they see money, they’ll be
fine. Who Teddy?
CC-1: Yea.
UVINO: Listen, when he takes? It’s smooth sailing, I was out, he
came out with me the other night, we went out to Body
English together, forget it, the guy’s the best, fucking, I
was talking, the guy is the best guy in the world to deal
with . . .
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

OcSleeper wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 11:28 am During the meeting, it was decided that Russo would continue to serve as family boss and that Persico would take over the leadership after Russo and upon his completion of federal supervised release.
This is important wording. "AFTER RUSSO"
It doesnt state that when Teddy's off parole Russo will hand him the title, it states Teddy is simply next in line "after Russo".
Russo's health was poor and the end in sight so its almost certainly stated with his passing in mind.

Do we know where this 'Russo's just the boss whilst Teddy's on parole' rumor is from as its not supported by the above?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

I think originally people just misread it like I did until I went back to it.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

I wonder if that ‘Teddy is next in line’ shit holds now that Andy is gone and Teddy is locked up, frankly I’m hoping things get spicy.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Things could change again after the superseding indictment that's supposedly coming. However, based on this excerpt from a Gang Land News a few weeks ago, it seems Teddy Persico was already weidling de-facto boss power (probably because of Russo's then-deteriorating health).
In the April 13, 2021 talk that lawyer Joseph Corozzo had cited, the prosecutors wrote, Ricciardo used a hand-signal to inform cooperating witness Andrew Koslosky that Persico had the "power and ability" to give orders to underboss Benjamin (The Claw) Castellazzo.

Ricciardo then explained, the prosecutors wrote, that Persico’s order was "the last word," indicating that Skinny Teddy had the "ultimate authority and his decision could not be challenged."

Vinny Unions gave Koslosky "the same message" a week later, the prosecutors wrote, when he stated, "this guy," and again formed "a letter 'T' with his hands to indicate Persico" had in fact "dumped it" on Castellazzo and told him he agreed with whatever decisions he made.

Corozzo replied that Mafia protocol cited by the government in the current case, and for more than 30 years, was that only a boss can give orders to an underboss, not a capo who did not have a crew.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'