General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Snakes »

Waingro wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:56 pm Was Nick Calabrese that unknown or just thought of as a nobody that they didn't even mention him?
He was pretty unknown. Besides a brief mention in a labor racketeering investigation report, he didn't show up on anyone's radar until the Calabrese crew bust and even then, most people thought he was just a lackey for Frank. Nobody had any idea about his work as a hitter, let alone him being made.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Snakes wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:28 pm Thanks to Scott D, I can fill in a few names from the 1993 list:

*=estimated name

Aiuppa, Joseph
Andriacchi, Joseph* (although I think the name on the 1993 list may actually be Vic Arrigo)
Bastone, Salvatore
Bellavia, Robert*
Calabrese, Frank
Carlisi, Samuel
Caruso, Frank
Centracchio, Anthony
Cerone, James
Cerone, John
Chiaramonte, Anthony
Cirignani, Anthony
Cozzo, Sam (dead by 1993)
[redacted; maybe Vincent James Cozzo, although James was his first name, which should put him before Sam but they could have reversed it]
D'Arco, John
DeLaurentis, Salvatore*
DeRiggi, Louis
DiForti, James
DiFronzo, John*
Giovenco, August
Grieco, Joseph
Gulotta, Sebastian (Rockford)
Infelise, Rocco
LaMantia, Joseph
LaPietra, Angelo
Lombardo, Joseph
Marcello, James*
Marino, Louis*
Matassa, John*
[redacted; still unknown]
Messino, William
Monteleone, John
Nappi, Romeo
Palermo, Dominick
Petit, Lawrence
Pilotto, Alfred
Ponto, Phillip
Roti, Fred
Spadavecchio, Joseph
[redacted; still unknown. Maybe Vito Spillone]
Tocco, Albert
Vince, Charles (Rockford)
Volpe, Angelo
Zammuto, Joseph (Rockford)
Following up on Snakes' list, here's a list with some additional names. These are names missing or redacted from the 1993 list that Snakes shared. I included possible 1993 ranks and years of death. If they died in 1993, I included the date. Those listed as soldiers were either (A) accurately listed as soldiers or relatively newly made members in other documents; (B) suspected made members who were made, but they may or may not have been made by 1993; (C) associates often suspected to have been members, but in reality were not. Also, there were two Chicago lists. One was from June 1993 and the other from November 1993. James LaPietra was listed in the earlier list, but died and was not included in the second.

JOSEPH AMATO, CAPO, D. 1998
JOSEPH ANDRIACCHI, CAPO, ALIVE
RICHARD VICTOR ARRIGO, SOLDIER, D. 2012
CARMEN BASTONE, SOLDIER?, D. 2002
SALVATORE BASTONE, SOLDIER, D. 1998
ROBERT BELLAVIA, SOLDIER, ALIVE
DOMINIC BLASI, SOLDIER, D. 4/4/1993
FRANK BUCCIERI, SOLDIER?, D. 2004
MARSHALL CAIFANO, SOLDIER, D. 2003
NICHOLAS CALABRESE, SOLDIER, ALIVE
BRUNO CARUSO, SOLDIER?, ALIVE
MICHAEL CASTALDO, SOLDIER?, D. 2005
SALVATORE CAUTADELLA, SOLDIER?, ALIVE
ANTHONY CIRIGNANI, SOLDIER, D. 2003
VINCENT JAMES COZZO, SOLDIER?, D. 2007
JAMES J. D’ANTONIO, SOLDIER?, D. 12/11/1993
SALVATORE DELAURENTIS, SOLDIER, ALIVE
LOUIS DERIGGI, SOLDIER, D. 2007
CHARLES DICARO, SOLDIER?, D. 2011
JOHN DIFRONZO, UNDERBOSS, D. 2018
PETER DIFRONZO, SOLDIER, D. 2020
BEN FILLICHIO, SOLDIER, D. 1997
RUDOLPH FRATTO, SOLDIER, ALIVE
JOSEPH GRIECO, SOLDIER, D. 2013
NICHOLAS GUZZINO, SOLDIER, ALIVE
JAMES INENDINO, SOLDIER?, ALIVE
MICHAEL MAGNAFICHI, SOLDIER?, ALIVE
JAMES MARCELLO, CAPO, ALIVE
PATRICK MARCY, SOLDIER, D. 3/13/1993
LOUIS MARINO, SOLDIER?, D. 2017
JOHN MATASSA JR, CAPO, ALIVE
BERNARD MORGANO, SOLDIER?, D. 2011
ROMEO NAPPI, SOLDIER, D. 2001
DOMINICK PALERMO, CAPO, D. 2005
LAWRENCE PETITT, SOLDIER?, D. 2020
MICHAEL SARNO, SOLDIER?, ALIVE
DONALD F. SCALISE, SOLDIER, D. 2013
MICHAEL SPANO SR, SOLDIER?, ALIVE
VITO SPILLONE, SOLDIER, D. 2015
ALBERT CAESAR TOCCO, CAPO, D. 2005
ALPHONSE TORNABENE, SOLDIER, D. 2009
ALBERT VENA, SOLDIER, ALIVE
ANGELO VOLPE, SOLDIER, D. 2016.
ANTHONY ZIZZO, SOLDIER, D. 2006
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Coloboy wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:55 pm Thanks for posting, interesting stuff.

First time I’ve ever seen Lombardo as the top guy anywhere in any official LE document.

I also have to think they are missing quite a few names from both 26th and Grand Ave. Seems to me grand in particular was bigger and more influential than most thought even up to current day.

Now if Snakes would just let us know what he’s working on regarding this time period we might have some answers! 😁

The responsibilities and share of power between Difronzo, Lombardo, and Monteleone is still such a cloudy subject. Hopefully one day we have more official intel.
I think a lot of this isn’t that cloudy when we really look at documents that may have been overlooked. For instance when we all that ferriola was the boss at one point when you go back there are numerous documents that say carlisi was the boss for instance that was mentioned in scarpelli that Sam was boss. This document stating apes was the boss has been there for years we all just over looked it or didn’t see it whatever. It’s there though if you look
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:40 pm
Snakes wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:28 pm Thanks to Scott D, I can fill in a few names from the 1993 list:

*=estimated name

Aiuppa, Joseph
Andriacchi, Joseph* (although I think the name on the 1993 list may actually be Vic Arrigo)
Bastone, Salvatore
Bellavia, Robert*
Calabrese, Frank
Carlisi, Samuel
Caruso, Frank
Centracchio, Anthony
Cerone, James
Cerone, John
Chiaramonte, Anthony
Cirignani, Anthony
Cozzo, Sam (dead by 1993)
[redacted; maybe Vincent James Cozzo, although James was his first name, which should put him before Sam but they could have reversed it]
D'Arco, John
DeLaurentis, Salvatore*
DeRiggi, Louis
DiForti, James
DiFronzo, John*
Giovenco, August
Grieco, Joseph
Gulotta, Sebastian (Rockford)
Infelise, Rocco
LaMantia, Joseph
LaPietra, Angelo
Lombardo, Joseph
Marcello, James*
Marino, Louis*
Matassa, John*
Messino, William
Monteleone, John
Nappi, Romeo
Palermo, Dominick
Petit, Lawrence
Pilotto, Alfred
Ponto, Phillip
Roti, Fred
Spadavecchio, Joseph
[redacted; still unknown. Maybe Vito Spillone]
Tocco, Albert
Vince, Charles (Rockford)
Volpe, Angelo
Zammuto, Joseph (Rockford)
Zammuto was dead by 1993 but the name between Roti and Spadavecchio is Frank Saladino in my opinion.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I actually did some playing around with that last night myself. I plugged in some names and I'm pretty confident that this is the full 1993 list, based on the other info that we've gotten. The * indicate redacted positions in the 1993 chart. I understand that some of these guys were probably never made, but my intent was to just fill in the blanks:

Aiuppa
Andriacchi*
Angelini
Bastone, S.*
Bellavia* (Oxford FCI, 2016 -- which correlates to Bellavia's actual release date)
Calabrese, F.
Carlisi
Caruso, F.
Centracchio
Cerone, Ja.
Cerone, Jo.
Chiaramonte
Cirignani*
Cortina
Cozzo, J.*
Cozzo, S.
D'Amico*
D'Arco
DeLaurentis* (imprisoned in Chicago MCC)
DeRiggi*
DiForti
DiFronzo, Joh.* (P. DiFronzo or Fratto could also go here, but J. DiFronzo is the most probable)
Giovenco
Grieco*
Gulotta
Infelise
LaMantia
LaPietra, A.
Lombardo, J.
Lombardo, R. or Magnafichi*
Marcello*
Marino*
Matassa*
Messino
Monteleone
Nappi*
Palermo*
Petitt*
Pilotto
Ponto
Roti
Salerno*
Spadavecchio
Talarico* (I don't love this, but he is the only other guy who fits alphabetically, as Spano wasn't marked as made in the 2000 lists. That is, if the membership intel came from the FBI -- which I think did)
Tocco*
Vince
Volpe*
Zammuto*
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

cavita wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:58 pm Zammuto was dead by 1993 but the name between Roti and Spadavecchio is Frank Saladino in my opinion.
Ah, did he? For some reason, I had his death as 2009, but I guess that is the wrong Zammuto. Take him out and replace him with Zizzo on that list I posted.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pete wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:51 pm

First time I’ve ever seen Lombardo as the top guy anywhere in any official LE document.

I also have to think they are missing quite a few names from both 26th and Grand Ave. Seems to me grand in particular was bigger and more influential than most thought even up to current day.

Now if Snakes would just let us know what he’s working on regarding this time period we might have some answers! 😁

The responsibilities and share of power between Difronzo, Lombardo, and Monteleone is still such a cloudy subject. Hopefully one day we have more official intel.
I think a lot of this isn’t that cloudy when we really look at documents that may have been overlooked. For instance when we all that ferriola was the boss at one point when you go back there are numerous documents that say carlisi was the boss for instance that was mentioned in scarpelli that Sam was boss. This document stating apes was the boss has been there for years we all just over looked it or didn’t see it whatever. It’s there though if you look
He was also mentioned as being boss in the Family Secrets indictment. I think the confusion arose out of whether he was actually "boss" or if DiFronzo was with Monteleone being a kind of street boss, which is what a lot of people thought. Now, it's pretty well accepted that DiFronzo had stepped down by the late nineties and Monteleone became the boss.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

EDIT: Had Roti's name on there for some reason, so I took it off and added Inendino. Also added ages and prison status.

I've also been working on the infamous "28 made members" from the 2007 Chicago SAC comment. This is what I have:

1. Living members (as of 27 September 2007) who had already been identified as "made" on available lists (again, assuming the FBI is the source for the 2000 police booklet list members and also assuming that no names were removed from the FBI membership lists -- either due to additional intel or from Nick C's cooperation)

2. Members added by Nick Calabrese because of their involvement in the 1983 ceremony

3. Members added by Nick Calabrese who were *not* part of the '83 ceremony. I had to guess at these by looking at the names on Nick C's threat assessment, coupled with their relative position in the Outfit at the time and came up with Sarno, Spano, and Inendino. Being on the threat assessment meant that Nick was at least familiar with them and possessed information about them that could lead to closer investigation (such as being made). The other four names on the threat assessment that I passed over were Mickey Marcello, Dino Marino, Jerry Scalise, and Paul Spano, who don't quite match the level of the three I chose.

1. Joseph Andriacchi (74)
2. Robert Bellavia (IP, 67)
3. Frank Calabrese, Sr. (IP, 70)
4. Bruno Caruso (63)
5. Frank Caruso (61)
6. James J. Cerone (57)
7. Marco D'Amico (71)
8. Sal DeLaurentis (71)
9. John DiFronzo (78)
10. Joseph DiFronzo (72)
11. Peter DiFronzo (74)
12. Rudy Fratto (63)
13. Joseph Grieco (79)
14. Nicholas Guzzino (66)
15. James Inendino* (IP, 64)
16. Joey Lombardo (IP, 78)
17. Rocco Lombardo (67)
18. Mike Magnafichi (45)
19. James Marcello (IP, 64)
20. Louis Marino (IP, 74)
21. John Matassa, Jr. (56)
22. Lawrence Petitt (79)
23. Michael Sarno* (49)
24. Robert Salerno (IP, 72)
25. Michael Spano, Sr.* (IP, 66)
26. Michael Talarico (55)
27. Al Tornabene (84)
28. Angelo Volpe (85)

Again, I'm not arguing vociferously about the veracity of the above names, I'm just trying to pinpoint what the FBI thought at a particular time and place.
Last edited by Snakes on Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Awesome job
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

B. wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:33 pmAwesome job
Went back and edited because I left Roti on there like a dumbass
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Snakes wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:02 pm
Pete wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:51 pm

He was also mentioned as being boss in the Family Secrets indictment. I think the confusion arose out of whether he was actually "boss" or if DiFronzo was with Monteleone being a kind of street boss, which is what a lot of people thought. Now, it's pretty well accepted that DiFronzo had stepped down by the late nineties and Monteleone became the boss.
Agreed and that goes with what fosco said about difronzo refusing to be boss again after doing time in early/mid 90’s. When you have someone like spano clearly saying monteleone was boss of his crew and of the whole outfit you gotta take that as fact. That’s why I also disagree with marcello being labeled front boss. Difronzo didn’t want it. These guys were the real bosses in my opinion. Did difronzo have a ton of say etc of course but I’m certain at this point he was behind the scenes from 90’s on. He was actual boss for only maybe 7 years
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

https://casetext.com/case/early-v-shepherd-1

Posted this in another thread but thought I’d put it here too. Tony calabrese who stood on his head for multiple murders even on his deathbed when offered a way out was actually cooperating in prison. This I can’t understand. Again the facts are here we just gotta find them!
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pete wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:56 pm https://casetext.com/case/early-v-shepherd-1

Posted this in another thread but thought I’d put it here too. Tony calabrese who stood on his head for multiple murders even on his deathbed when offered a way out was actually cooperating in prison. This I can’t understand. Again the facts are here we just gotta find them!
I think there is a big difference between cooperating against your friends on the streets and being a jailhouse snitch against the type of people you're locked up with, but I, too, find it a bit strange.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Snakes wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:59 pm
Pete wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:56 pm https://casetext.com/case/early-v-shepherd-1

I think there is a big difference between cooperating against your friends on the streets and being a jailhouse snitch against the type of people that are in there, but I, too, find it a bit strange.
Agreed but to be on the verge of death and refusing to cooperate and jailhouse snitching seems so nuts to me. I thought it had to be bs when I saw the video until I looked up the case. Guy could have walked away clean in early 2000’s if he gave up who ordered those hits. Why snitch in jail? What are you gaining better than freedom? Only thing that makes sense is he didn’t want to be thought of as a snitch in Chicago he supposedly had his newspaper articles on the wall of his cell but was willing to do things in jail thinking no one would know
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Feds made a really strong run at him if you read his case. He already had 65 years and they took him in a room and said if you get out we will indict your for this and that etc your gonna die in jail unless you tell us who ordered these hits and he refused