John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

NYCRaiders
Prospect

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by NYCRaiders »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:58 pm
Amershire_Ed wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:33 pm
PolackTony wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 9:59 am
Shellackhead wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 5:28 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:24 am
Shellackhead wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:50 pm Is Danny Campo related to Andy Campo?
Isn't it Andy Campo(s)?
Yes Andy Campo/Campos. I think he’s Got some Puerto Rican in him
Campo is a Sicilian surname.

I listened to the Jack Garcia episode of the OG podcast with Scott Burnstein yesterday and Garcia said something like “I went to school in the Bronx with Campos. When he was a teenager, he was Puerto Rican. Now he’s Italian. I don’t get how that happened”.
Honestly, I don't personally know what Andy's ethnic background is, just wanted to point out that the surname doesn't prove anything one way or the other. I'd have a hard time believing that the Gambinos would make a guy that had any PR ancestry. Probably just hung out with PRs, and maybe people thought he was too based on the surname. Wasn't Campos a Ching-a-Ling? They started out as a South Bronx PR gang but later expanded to include Italian members also (I used to know some old Ching-a-Ling Nomads in Soundview, crazy old school Bronx Nuyorican dudes).
Ching-a-ling based out of 180 and Hughes not far from Arthur
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:59 pm
Bruno187 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:00 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:50 pm Is Danny Campo related to Andy Campo?
Isn't it Andy Campo(s)?

They're not related in the least.
Not sure that you meant to reply to me here. I didn't say that anyone's related to anyone.
Wasn't directed at you in particular, I think you just happened to be the last to mention Campo/Campos. Sorry if there was any implication it was at you......it was just in general.
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

I get was Garcia was hinting at but Campos didn't "grow up' with Puffy, and he certainly didn't grow up with Garcia even though they did happen to go to the same High School, it was probably about 15 years apart.
Campos was born and raised on Hoffman and 187th street and is about 50-51 today. Garcia is at LEAST 10 years older than that. Garcia knows what he knows because he infiltrated the Bronx Gambino's and put DePalma and Fillipelli away. He does know quite a bit about him though. His father is a guy named George who was also a neighborhood guy, but like his son, had people wondering if he was Italian or Latino.
Fillipelli is good friends with him, but he didn't "grow up with him" either. He grew up in Harlem.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:16 pm
Mikeymike12 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:35 pm Pennisi thinks he is what..... Jerry Capeci ? Paid subscription to his site
To be fair hes got better info than Capeci has.
100%
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

I agree with you Amershire_Ed and Etna, however JPs Intel is limited to what he was involved, but your "sources" there is no limit to what the info they can provide. Now the credibility and accuracy of the sources well that's a different conversation. JPs current day to day information is far better then Capecis, lately, I agree. He gives us the stories we want to hear about protocol and such and much of Capecis info can be found in court documents.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Bruno187 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 9:50 pm
PolackTony wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:59 pm
Bruno187 wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:00 pm
Isn't it Andy Campo(s)?

They're not related in the least.
Not sure that you meant to reply to me here. I didn't say that anyone's related to anyone.
Wasn't directed at you in particular, I think you just happened to be the last to mention Campo/Campos. Sorry if there was any implication it was at you......it was just in general.
No problem, just wanted to make it clear that I wasn’t making any claims like that.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Pennisi talked about that assault incident that took him a year and a half to do. Kinda crazy how much thinking has to go in todays day just to beat up a guy & not get in trouble for it. If it was back in the day they would of nabbed the guy outside of his house & pulled him in a car and take him somewhere to beat on him
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Shellackhead wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:20 am Pennisi talked about that assault incident that took him a year and a half to do. Kinda crazy how much thinking has to go in todays day just to beat up a guy & not get in trouble for it. If it was back in the day they would of nabbed the guy outside of his house & pulled him in a car and take him somewhere to beat on him
I think Pennisi dogged it on purpose, Big John said it took Spanky 2 days to get it done.
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Post by Uncle Pete »

I also don’t understand what Pennisi was complaining about Bog John giving him an order to go smash some guy. Isn’t that the way it works?

Hes the one that told the story of Ronnie G telling Mikey Palmacio to throw Peter Pan a beating by the end of the day or he would be shelved.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Shellackhead wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:20 am Pennisi talked about that assault incident that took him a year and a half to do. Kinda crazy how much thinking has to go in todays day just to beat up a guy & not get in trouble for it. If it was back in the day they would of nabbed the guy outside of his house & pulled him in a car and take him somewhere to beat on him
Thought the same, incredible how much time was put into throwing a going a beating. Back in the day it would have taken ten minutes.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

so did we ever come to a consenseaus why he walked into the fbi office and started cooperating. big john smashed his girl. some other guy stole his girl or drugs
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

Bruno187 wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:01 pm I get was Garcia was hinting at but Campos didn't "grow up' with Puffy, and he certainly didn't grow up with Garcia even though they did happen to go to the same High School, it was probably about 15 years apart.
Campos was born and raised on Hoffman and 187th street and is about 50-51 today. Garcia is at LEAST 10 years older than that. Garcia knows what he knows because he infiltrated the Bronx Gambino's and put DePalma and Fillipelli away. He does know quite a bit about him though. His father is a guy named George who was also a neighborhood guy, but like his son, had people wondering if he was Italian or Latino.
Fillipelli is good friends with him, but he didn't "grow up with him" either. He grew up in Harlem.
Fillipelli grew up with George or Andy? How can they not figure out if he is italian? does he have a spanish name but act and look more italian?
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Pmac2 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:16 pm so did we ever come to a consenseaus why he walked into the fbi office and started cooperating. big john smashed his girl. some other guy stole his girl or drugs
Where did you get this info?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Pmac2 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:16 pm so did we ever come to a consenseaus why he walked into the fbi office and started cooperating. big john smashed his girl. some other guy stole his girl or drugs
Big John told everybody John had gone bad. The family turned its back on JP, he left. When he returned he thought there was a hit out on him so he went to the Feds.

Why BJ told the gamily he went bad, who knows.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Personally Id be amazed Big John isnt shelved over this. Its come out through multiple sources (trial, Capeci, blog) that JP never ratted. BJ started the rumour that JP had gone bad and it was bullshit. BJ forced JP to the feds and look at the consequences. BJ should be fucking clipped, at the least shelved.

Am I missing something?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.