General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Etna »

Shellackhead wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:28 pm Anyone here has any info on Fabrizio DeFrancisci, his release date?
November 30, 2030 according to the Bonanno family chart.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Etna wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:38 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 12:28 pm Anyone here has any info on Fabrizio DeFrancisci, his release date?
How old is he?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Shellackhead wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:03 pm
How old is he?

He is 52. He was a member of the Anthony Graziano Crew when he was last on the street.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:07 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:03 pm
How old is he?

He is 52. He was a member of the Anthony Graziano Crew when he was last on the street.

Pogo
Thanks Pogo, I’m asking this because I saw calandra’s video on him & he said that FabriZio got locked up 6 months after he got made, so he never got to enjoy his Button. That’s new info to me that he was in TG’s crew
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

Does anyone know if the Bath Ave. kids were the only associates under Benanti? What was he involved in before they started working for him? I know he had a reputation as a brokester, but he must have had something going on.

I'd also like to know how it worked after Fabrizio got made. Did he start putting his own crew together, or were he and Benanti partners in running the Bath Ave. crew?
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

2 questions :

1/in the famous photo of Sinatra & Gambino at the Westchester Theater I just realized there was a Joe Gambino (yeah, I'm 20 years late on that). Was he a cousin of Carlo/Paolo or their brother? I think I remember that there were several Joe Gambino in addition to the son of Carlo

2/question about Sicily: Is Carlo Greco of Santa Maria di Gesù a relative of Giovannello Greco of the same mandamento? I ask because as Giovannello is himself a relative of the Grecos of Ciaculli/Croceverde and that Carlo Greco has a very similar face to these Grecos... I tried to search but I couldn't find anything about it.

Thanks in advance for your help guys
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Giuseppe "Piddu / Joe from the Bronx" Gambino was from Passo di Rigano and DiLeonardo knew him as a cousin of Carlo. He was in Tommy Gambino's crew after his demotion and shows up in that family photo with a bunch of Gambino blood relatives, but exact relation is unconfirmed. I'd guess he was the son of a first cousin or something... obviously in a position to come to the US and be immediately accepted by Carlo.
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

Thanks for the info/answer B. !
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

DonPeppino386 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:03 pm
Captbony1999 wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 8:53 am Who are the oldest mobsters?
I remember in D’Arcos book he described after being made captain of Varios old crew he was driven to meet a solider that was well into his 90s. I don’t think D’Arco could remember his name but said he said that he couldn’t walk well but could still (he made the sign of the gun).
That was a great scene. The wife brings coffee, the guy says he's still capable if he's needed.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Was Paolo Danna, 103-years-old.
jimmi_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmi_beans8 »

how did the FEDS get sammys loan shark $ back for him
ItzPurpleAki
Associate

Post by ItzPurpleAki »

Considering Johnny Oddo was around till 1975 did Joe Colombo ever make any inquiries into his fathers death when he became boss?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Interesting that Sammy bull claims that they did not know sal vitale was a cop before he flipped no one knew
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Waingro
Straightened out

Post by Waingro »

What were the years for the NY murder moratorium in the 90's? Who was the last murder before and what murder ended it?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Waingro wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:43 pm What were the years for the NY murder moratorium in the 90's? Who was the last murder before and what murder ended it?

Roughly 1993 when the Colombo War ended to 1998 when Genovese Acting Capo Ralph Coppola was killed. Though a few lower level hits still took place during that period.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.