Dom grande pleading to 7 years

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Stopflexing
Straightened out

Re: Dom grande pleading to 7 years

Post by Stopflexing »

I just looked into the quitting Kratom subreddit… damn. I didn’t think this shit was that bad
Mason_dixon
Straightened out

Post by Mason_dixon »

Cheech wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:41 am newera, how did you kick it? just sweated it out?
Yo rehab might have some stigma but it works wonders. Alcohol and opiate addict with going on 8 months under my belt. Once you get far enough down almost nothing is off limits. Good to be sober. Also get the easiest lays you'll ever have in rehab even a fancier one.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Stopflexing wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:23 pm I just looked into the quitting Kratom subreddit… damn. I didn’t think this shit was that bad
Those are people who were taking like 50~100 capsules of powder a day every day for years.

Never do it more than a couple times a week and you'll be fine.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Geeleonetti
Honorary Member

Post by Geeleonetti »

Got lost in a drug addict forum, was looking for a Dom
Grande post.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Geeleonetti wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:36 pm Got lost in a drug addict forum, was looking for a Dom
Grande post.
LOL
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Cheech wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:41 am newera, how did you kick it? just sweated it out?
I've kicked a couple times. Once was cold turkey but I had only been using 80 mg oxy/day and I sweated it out for 4 bad days and 2 semi-rough weeks afterwards. The other was with Suboxone (This was like 16 years ago, only a few doctors in the state could prescribe it, wait lists, etc.) where I was put on 4 mg / sub a day - then cut down to 2 mg / day, then to 1 mg / day, then 0.5, etc. - basically a sub taper over the course of about 1 year and 9 months to where I jumped off with literally no WD at all

Both times I got really into exercise and eating well so that helped during the kick big time. I've done other unsuccessful 'kicks' where I'm just sitting around waiting, and not really doing anything else. My successful ones were successful because I was active in trying to replace everything with something more healthy.

My most recent foray into pills and pain management thankfully I wasn't using daily so I wasn't physically dependent. I was getting a script once every two months and I'd just binge every so often, give myself gap weeks, and again be into exercise and have other shit going on. So I''ll have 3 full years clean in about 2 months, but the last time there wasn't really a kick - when my script was done I just never went back. This last time around even though I thankfully didn't have to deal with physical WD, the psychological aspect and cravings were much worse than any other time in my use history, so whenever I get crazy cravings I just get a little kratom and it takes the edge off.

Again if I had access to pharma grade pills I'd definitely be back in the mix, but it's too much of a hassle today. It's just nostalgia at this point- reminiscing for an era that no longer really exists.
West Coast1
Straightened out

Post by West Coast1 »

newera_212 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:38 am
I've kicked a couple times. Once was cold turkey but I had only been using 80 mg oxy/day and I sweated it out for 4 bad days and 2 semi-rough weeks afterwards. The other was with Suboxone (This was like 16 years ago, only a few doctors in the state could prescribe it, wait lists, etc.) where I was put on 4 mg / sub a day - then cut down to 2 mg / day, then to 1 mg / day, then 0.5, etc. - basically a sub taper over the course of about 1 year and 9 months to where I jumped off with literally no WD at all

Both times I got really into exercise and eating well so that helped during the kick big time. I've done other unsuccessful 'kicks' where I'm just sitting around waiting, and not really doing anything else. My successful ones were successful because I was active in trying to replace everything with something more healthy.

My most recent foray into pills and pain management thankfully I wasn't using daily so I wasn't physically dependent. I was getting a script once every two months and I'd just binge every so often, give myself gap weeks, and again be into exercise and have other shit going on. So I''ll have 3 full years clean in about 2 months, but the last time there wasn't really a kick - when my script was done I just never went back. This last time around even though I thankfully didn't have to deal with physical WD, the psychological aspect and cravings were much worse than any other time in my use history, so whenever I get crazy cravings I just get a little kratom and it takes the edge off.

Again if I had access to pharma grade pills I'd definitely be back in the mix, but it's too much of a hassle today. It's just nostalgia at this point- reminiscing for an era that no longer really exists.
if you are being honest, one of the best posts of all time, dropping knowledge
trying to replace with something healthy hits a nerve
exercise and eating healthy produce dopamine for me and cooking is my drug of choice for being normal

and it's too hard to stay happy all day for someone like me so i do those things a lot

can you please explain gap weeks? I think it is the last stand before you just get clean

3 yrs is something to be proud of
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

newera_212 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:38 am

I took Kratom once about a dozen or so years ago. I was so backed up and amongst other issues that go with that liver cell count etc my g/f took me to the ER at the VA hospital. Not to mention it's probably one of the grossest things I ever tasted imo. Good for you for staying sober. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. I lost both brothers to that sh*t. You'd be amazed with some sh*t these dealers press them with now from what I seen and read from autopsy reports
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Geeleonetti wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:36 pm Got lost in a drug addict forum, was looking for a Dom
Grande post.
LMAO - fair enough. Can't be mad at this reply. Lol

West Coast1 - when I said "gap weeks" I meant that literally; not using every day. Taking days or weeks off to prevent building up a consistent usage history that would lead to me getting physically sick if I were to stop. I don't want to get into too much detail (I feel like I went overboard in typing a lot here and bringing this thread off topic enough already) but going back to 3 years ago when I was still getting a script - instead of dosing every single day, I'd do "gap weeks" - I'd dose like crazy on a Thursday and Friday - just totally binge out - and then I'd take 2 weeks off where I'd be exercising, sleeping well, eating well, just living a normal clean life. 2 weeks of that, then I'd wedge in a couple binge days, rinse and repeat. That's where my usage was at before I fully gave it up. Even if you are using every single day and you are an addict or a junkie for lack of a better word, if you have at least one positive, constructive hobby going on in your life - it could make kicking when you eventually do it a lot easier, and make your life a lot more functional while you're using. I know that's kind of a catch 22 and the lack of those positive things kind of drives people toward opiates in the first place - but if you are actively using and maybe aren't ready to stop - try to get something else going on that you can look forward to outside of getting high

You guys see what Dom Grande started? Dom's thirst for money at any cost leads to discussions like this across the country lol
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

newera_212 wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:38 am It's just nostalgia at this point- reminiscing for an era that no longer really exists.
You could say its an old era. Or perhaps not a, new era, newera.

Bwahahahah.

Apologies. Ill try harder.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

I'll put my trust in the Mayo Clinic re Kratom.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-life ... t-20402171
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

newera_212 wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:05 pm
Grande post.
LMAO - fair enough. Can't be mad at this reply. Lol

West Coast1 - when I said "gap weeks" I meant that literally; not using every day. Taking days or weeks off to prevent building up a consistent usage history that would lead to me getting physically sick if I were to stop. I don't want to get into too much detail (I feel like I went overboard in typing a lot here and bringing this thread off topic enough already) but going back to 3 years ago when I was still getting a script - instead of dosing every single day, I'd do "gap weeks" - I'd dose like crazy on a Thursday and Friday - just totally binge out - and then I'd take 2 weeks off where I'd be exercising, sleeping well, eating well, just living a normal clean life. 2 weeks of that, then I'd wedge in a couple binge days, rinse and repeat. That's where my usage was at before I fully gave it up. Even if you are using every single day and you are an addict or a junkie for lack of a better word, if you have at least one positive, constructive hobby going on in your life - it could make kicking when you eventually do it a lot easier, and make your life a lot more functional while you're using. I know that's kind of a catch 22 and the lack of those positive things kind of drives people toward opiates in the first place - but if you are actively using and maybe aren't ready to stop - try to get something else going on that you can look forward to outside of getting high

You guys see what Dom Grande started? Dom's thirst for money at any cost leads to discussions like this across the country lol
Curious - how old are you? And why would you want to go back into this if you could get the good shit?
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Philly d wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 8:38 pm

Curious - how old are you? And why would you want to go back into this if you could get the good shit?
Don't want to give my age but I was in college when the towers fell. I say I'd get back into it if I had easier access to the good shit because it's awesome. No shame in my game
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

UTC wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:35 pm I'll put my trust in the Mayo Clinic re Kratom.
https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-life ... t-20402171
This is great -thank you for posting. It used to be very difficult to find objective info on Kratom. The entire internet was astroturfed with misinfo by suppliers and shills. The opposite of that has kind of happened today - a lot of astroturfing by rehab centers who 'treat' kratom addiction. Info like this isn't easy to come by
Ravens410
Straightened out

Post by Ravens410 »

As someone who lost a loved one to fentanyl overdose, please call 1-888-966-8152 for help or just someone to talk to.