Mob Talk Sitdown 59

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

jmack
Straightened out

Re: Mob Talk Sitdown 59

Post by jmack »

dack2001 wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 6:57 am Those drug cases...10 years of supervised release? That burns almost worse than the jail time.
I was thinking the same thing. That keeps him out of being seriously involved for 15-16 years. At 53 years old that doesn’t leave a lot of time left. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t violate at least once after coming home.
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

Beatty wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:18 pm How much you think was in those envelopes?
Rich bar mitzvah level? Higher?
idk, but it's pathetic to think at 60 years old you'd be asking anyone, be it a criminal associate or not, to give you a birthday present like a little kid. I can't imagine what my father would do if another grown man tried to give him cash at a birthday party -- let alone throwing one for himself with a cage for envelopes. disgrazia
Beatty
Straightened out

Post by Beatty »

sharpieone wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:50 pm
Beatty wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 1:18 pm How much you think was in those envelopes?
idk, but it's pathetic to think at 60 years old you'd be asking anyone, be it a criminal associate or not, to give you a birthday present like a little kid. I can't imagine what my father would do if another grown man tried to give him cash at a birthday party -- let alone throwing one for himself with a cage for envelopes. disgrazia
From another perspective, it's a genius way to recive tribute without being concerned with the FBI saying that it's a kick up for drug trafficking profits
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

Beatty wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:00 pm
From another perspective, it's a genius way to recive tribute without being concerned with the FBI saying that it's a kick up for drug trafficking profits
Hey, fair enough. Didn't think of that. If that's how he gets his yearly, semi-annual take, it's a smart move. My only issue is that there's lots of civilians there, too. And didn't he hit up Rubeo for money to bet on sports?
Beatty
Straightened out

Post by Beatty »

sharpieone wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:22 pm
Hey, fair enough. Didn't think of that. If that's how he gets his yearly, semi-annual take, it's a smart move. My only issue is that there's lots of civilians there, too. And didn't he hit up Rubeo for money to bet on sports?
Lol if you think Joey only tries to get a fat stack of cash off of people he knows once a year, you're on the wrong forum dude
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

Beatty wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:23 pm
Lol if you think Joey only tries to get a fat stack of cash off of people he knows once a year, you're on the wrong forum dude
I also said semi-annually, which is what a lot of bosses have historically done when seeking tribute. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but if not, then my original post stands: any 60-year-old guy throwing a gaudy birthday bash for himself and asking for donations is pathetic and shows how little he has earned and saved. I know DSNY guys who probably have a better nest egg and wouldn't be caught dead asking for hand outs like it's a sweet sixteen party.
Eddie mush
Straightened out

Post by Eddie mush »

chin_gigante wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:56 am They touch on Merlino's 60th birthday in this one and provide some footage. Unfortunately the image quality isn't great in the dark, but it's still interesting.

Notes:

- They don't mention anyone by name but say guys from Florida, North Jersey, New York, Boston, and possibly Las Vegas were in attendance
- There was a cylinder for envelopes that was three or four feet high
- A couple of the gifts included a week's vacation

Photographs part 1

20220401_184703.jpg

20220401_184732.jpg

20220401_184828.jpg

Again, it's hard to tell but I'm pretty sure I see Licata, Accardo, Iannarella, maybe Fazzini (far left in the second image), and Joe Perna
Far right looks like lancelotti
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

thanks Chin, but as our old pal Ronnie Previte used to say....
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

:lol:
HoagieNose
Straightened out

Post by HoagieNose »

Was Phil Narducci there ?
Beatty
Straightened out

Post by Beatty »

HoagieNose wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:35 pm Was Phil Narducci there ?
Guessing not.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

sharpieone wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:45 pm
Beatty wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 2:23 pm
I also said semi-annually, which is what a lot of bosses have historically done when seeking tribute. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt, but if not, then my original post stands: any 60-year-old guy throwing a gaudy birthday bash for himself and asking for donations is pathetic and shows how little he has earned and saved. I know DSNY guys who probably have a better nest egg and wouldn't be caught dead asking for hand outs like it's a sweet sixteen party.
See…. It’s not really a handout when your the boss….

It’s called tribute
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

These guys really wear it. Its very interesting
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

NJShore4Life wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:48 am There were a lot of pictures from the party posted on Social Media I saw right after the party from people I’m friends with on social media, huge party and people from all over invited.

Joey wore a really sharp designer suit, guy is an impeccable dresser and just attracts a crowd anywhere he goes, what can I say he is magnetic. You should see when he’s at the shore here in Jersey, people will line up just to shake his hand at Ventura’s Greenhouse, the guy is magnetic.

-Dante
He's magnetic because he's an accessible gangster in a stolen suit, and there is the dark glamour of a hint of danger. That symbol impresses a certain mentality. What personal charisma he might have is secondary at best.
Beatty
Straightened out

Post by Beatty »

UTC wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:48 pm
NJShore4Life wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:48 am There were a lot of pictures from the party posted on Social Media I saw right after the party from people I’m friends with on social media, huge party and people from all over invited.

Joey wore a really sharp designer suit, guy is an impeccable dresser and just attracts a crowd anywhere he goes, what can I say he is magnetic. You should see when he’s at the shore here in Jersey, people will line up just to shake his hand at Ventura’s Greenhouse, the guy is magnetic.

-Dante
He's magnetic because he's an accessible gangster in a stolen suit, and there is the dark glamour of a hint of danger. That symbol impresses a certain mentality. What personal charisma he might have is secondary at best.
You think the suit is stolen? I saw him buy a baller suit at Boyds a few years back- his driver paid for it but it didn't look stolen to me