Dominic Taddeo escapes from custody in FL - not April Fools

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Dominic Taddeo escapes from custody in FL - not April Fools

Post by sdeitche »

New York mobster who killed 3 escapes federal custody in Florida
Dominic Taddeo, a hit man from a Rochester, N.Y.-area crime family, escaped on March 28.

[ Photo illustration by ASHLEY DYE and MARTHA ASENCIO RHINE | Times ]
By Associated Press
Published 1 hour ago

A New York mobster who killed three people and attempted to kill two others has escaped from federal custody after recently being moved to a halfway house, according to the Bureau of Prisons.

Dominic Taddeo, a hit man from a Rochester, N.Y.-area crime family, escaped on March 28, according to the Bureau of Prisons website.

Taddeo, 64, had been imprisoned at a medium-security lockup in Florida before being transferred to a residential halfway house, also in Florida, in February.

Taddeo pleaded guilty in 1992 to racketeering charges that included the killings of three men during mob wars in the 1980s.

A federal judge in western New York denied Taddeo’s request for compassionate release last year, rejecting his claim that health problems including hypertension and obesity put him at risk for serious complications from COVID-19. Prosecutors said medical records did not show that Taddeo was particularly unhealthy.

A Bureau of Prisons spokesperson did not immediately return a call seeking information about the circumstances of Taddeo’s escape.

© 2022 All Rights Reserved | Times Publishing Company
Help chat
Su
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Re: Dominic Taddeo escapes from custody in FL - not April Fools

Post by Tonyd621 »

Why the F would he escape now your past the hardest part of your sentence
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:51 am Why the F would he escape now your past the hardest part of your sentence
Well when was he due to be released? And I didn't realize the BOP inmate locator actually updated inmate status to "Escaped" but they actually do.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Anyone think that maybe he got himself killed? He left for a Medical on 3/28 and hasn't returned. I know everyone's crazy but it seems especially crazy to do this when you're short to release at a halfway house. He had a lot of enemies and it really wouldn't be too hard, especially if you've done time at Coleman yourself or know someone who has, to figure out what doctors work with the inmates and possibly where some of the halfway houses are. It just seems odd he'd do this now. Not saying everything really has to make sense, but I am speculating there is something else going on
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Adam wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:30 am
Tonyd621 wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 8:51 am Why the F would he escape now your past the hardest part of your sentence
Well when was he due to be released? And I didn't realize the BOP inmate locator actually updated inmate status to "Escaped" but they actually do.
Less than a year from now. He had compassionate straight release denied I believe but he was at a halfway house.
UpstateDapper
Associate

Post by UpstateDapper »

Not sure I buy he was whacked but it is weird timing. If he can put in 30+ years, why was it so hard for him to live in a halfway house in Florida of all places for a few more months? Stupid move.

Probably just in this guy’s nature to be irrational and impulsive. He did something similar in the late 80s while on bail.
sharpieone
Straightened out

Post by sharpieone »

https://www.democratandchronicle.com/st ... 247295001/

'He could be hard to find': Escaped mob hitman Dominic Taddeo has been on the run before
Uforeality
Straightened out

Post by Uforeality »

Just another example of regular folks like me thinking this is insane. Why in the world would he bail out with so little time left to freedom? Could be many things, actually. He could be sick. Taddeo might also just be dumb. The career criminal in him probably won the battle of common sense in his head.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Uforeality wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 9:35 am Just another example of regular folks like me thinking this is insane. Why in the world would he bail out with so little time left to freedom? Could be many things, actually. He could be sick. Taddeo might also just be dumb. The career criminal in him probably won the battle of common sense in his head.
"Taddeo might also just be dumb"

-I think you are on to something here....
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

Stopflexing
Straightened out

Post by Stopflexing »

He was found in Hialeah which isn’t the best area
mr white
Straightened out

Post by mr white »

He probably finished at the doctor's, had a few beers in a bar and decided not to go back. Short-sighted. As said above, this guy probably made a mistake after his time inside. At his age maybe all it takes is a trip to a strip club or local dive and he's deciding not to go back...

Better question - what 3 people were worth killing in Rochester, NY for mob shit in the 1980's?
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

If it was that simple he would have stayed near Orlando and went to a bar there. He wound up about 300 miles away and the Florida/Caribbean task force was involved which may mean he was planning on fleeing to the Caribbean. As far as who was worth killing in the 80s, plenty apparently, still much action in Rochester then.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

mr white wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:33 pm He probably finished at the doctor's, had a few beers in a bar and decided not to go back. Short-sighted. As said above, this guy probably made a mistake after his time inside. At his age maybe all it takes is a trip to a strip club or local dive and he's deciding not to go back...

Better question - what 3 people were worth killing in Rochester, NY for mob shit in the 1980's?
what was wondering the same thing about killing 3 people
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Philly d wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:14 pm
mr white wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 4:33 pm He probably finished at the doctor's, had a few beers in a bar and decided not to go back. Short-sighted. As said above, this guy probably made a mistake after his time inside. At his age maybe all it takes is a trip to a strip club or local dive and he's deciding not to go back...

what was wondering the same thing about killing 3 people
All murders related to defending turf for his faction during the ABC Wars
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."