jimmy calandra

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TommyGambino
Full Patched

Re: jimmy calandra

Post by TommyGambino »

Browniety86 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:39 pm
outfit guy wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:47 am I presume he knows no one from the Bronx.

Joey Calco really does appear to be a piece of shit.

Tommy Reynolds, per some former convicts, is well liked and respected by everyone - gangs too - in prison; so is Benny.

Calandra blocked at one time; now he's more tolerant - barely - of criticism. He did not want to do the 50 years! And he refuses to accept that as the root cause of his cooperation. Like all rats, he deflects. Frank Cullotta self-effacingly labeled himself a rat; that evolved to cooperator.
Matty Madonna was a Bronx guy who Calandra was with after their Lewisburg bit
Is that actually true though, doubt he was officially under him, just knew him
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

TommyGambino wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:12 am
Browniety86 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 5:39 pm
outfit guy wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:47 am I presume he knows no one from the Bronx.

Joey Calco really does appear to be a piece of shit.

Tommy Reynolds, per some former convicts, is well liked and respected by everyone - gangs too - in prison; so is Benny.

Calandra blocked at one time; now he's more tolerant - barely - of criticism. He did not want to do the 50 years! And he refuses to accept that as the root cause of his cooperation. Like all rats, he deflects. Frank Cullotta self-effacingly labeled himself a rat; that evolved to cooperator.
Matty Madonna was a Bronx guy who Calandra was with after their Lewisburg bit
Is that actually true though, doubt he was officially under him, just knew him
I'm just going off what he said in the podcast about after prison being released from the Bonannos to the Lukes and being with Matty...
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

He's a complete clown and bullshitter..he was a typical street kid that was running around all over Brooklyn and Staten island...was never on record with a wiseguy.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Jbravo wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:09 am He's a complete clown and bullshitter..he was a typical street kid that was running around all over Brooklyn and Staten island...was never on record with a wiseguy.
He was with Joe Benanti
NewEnglandHere
Honorary Member

Post by NewEnglandHere »

i heaerd him say a book and movie are in the works hes a family man now says he turned his life around seems sincere and a likable guy doing the right thing
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

He’s has a great Brooklyn accent and tells good stories. However, he has limited knowledge and tends to inflate him position on the streets. The mob rat drama is intense as they fight for “subs” and the limited dollars from mob fan boys. Alite and crew don’t like Jimmy Calandra muscling in on their new racket.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

I never believed Madonna was actually his rabbi just was reiterating what Calandra said...
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

A new racket is exactly what it is. Just another con for these guys.
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

Believe what you like...he was never on record...fact
mr white
Straightened out

Post by mr white »

funkster wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:12 pm
newera_212 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:08 am I like a lot of Jimmy's videos, most importantly the ones he did with Dades, the Rita Gigante interview, and the episode with Mikey Scars' ex-wife.
The Dades ones are very good.
I agree, Funkier...that was good stuff...
mr white
Straightened out

Post by mr white »

Jbravo wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:50 am Believe what you like...he was never on record...fact
Never on record? I've wondered myself...what is your statement based on?
Jbravo
Straightened out

Post by Jbravo »

Reality...
TallGuy19
Full Patched

Post by TallGuy19 »

mr white wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:27 pm
Jbravo wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 3:50 am Believe what you like...he was never on record...fact
He was part of the Bath Ave crew, which was on record with Joe Benanti. Later he was with Matthew Madonna, although I don't know if he was officially on record with him.
"A thug changes, and love changes, and best friends become strangers. Word up."
Dapper_Don
Straightened out

Post by Dapper_Don »

TallGuy19 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:30 am
mr white wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 5:27 pm
He was part of the Bath Ave crew, which was on record with Joe Benanti. Later he was with Matthew Madonna, although I don't know if he was officially on record with him.
IIRC they were first on record with Tommy karake, then when Tommy went away, they were under Joe Benanti, Jimmy came home from jail and was released by the Bonannos (Spero, benanti) to the Luccheses (madonna)
"Bill had to go, he was getting too powerful. If Allie Boy went away on a gun charge, Bill would have took over the family” - Joe Campy testimony about Jackie DeRoss explaining Will Bill murder
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Can't remember when lcnbios has Madonna getting made interesting he liked Jimmy Acuff to ask spero to release him. I guess I believe him only because he says Madonna got him a job and would go see him a big geyser. What ever atleast he owns to cooperating and ratting to save his life just like he says it. Because he would be doing 40 50 years like the other guys. Is the guy Fabrizio out I belive he is. Someone know