General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Shellackhead
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Shellackhead »

Was tommy karate a captain or just a made guy? If he was a made guy, what crew was he in Frank Lino?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Shellackhead wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:17 pm Was tommy karate a captain or just a made guy? If he was a made guy, what crew was he in Frank Lino?

He was a Soldier in Lino's Crew.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:20 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:17 pm Was tommy karate a captain or just a made guy? If he was a made guy, what crew was he in Frank Lino?

He was a Soldier in Lino's Crew.

Pogo
Thanks Pogo
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Watched a recent Gravano episode…. He says Montreal aka rizzuto was just a CREW of the Bonanno sand never was looked at as separate family

Butttttt I’m pretty sure he flipped 10 plus years before anything became relevant for him to even discuss what he knows about Canada …. But hey take it for what it’s worth
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

As far as we know they are/were a Bonanno crew and not a recognized Cosa Nostra Family. Nothing definitive has surfaced and personally I'd be happy with info of any kind.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

B. wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:19 pm As far as we know they are/were a Bonanno crew and not a recognized Cosa Nostra Family. Nothing definitive has surfaced and personally I'd be happy with info of any kind.
@B & JeremyTheJew
In the trial of Dominico Scarfo, the informant actually called the Rizzutos/Sicilians Cosa Nostra the other day. The exact quote I'll put below. This isn't anything too major or tells us whether they're considered a crew or a family but considering we don't even know if Leonardo Rizzuto, Stefano Sollecito and all the other new generation guys are even made, it's worth something.
“We did the two number ones in the Cosa Nostra, and we didn’t get paid,” 

In the quote above he's referring to Rocco Sollecito & Lorenzo Giordano, both suspected made Bonanno members.

viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8751&start=75
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Good info OC, at the very least they were still perceived as Cosa Nostra members.

Canada is an example of what happens when we don't have high-level sources. Theories become narratives and people become convinced they know the set-up but even one small piece of info can change that. We saw how "some of the 19 Montreal Bonanno members weren't happy with the Sciascia murder and they operate like a sixth Family" was repeated until it became "Montreal broke off and became the Sixth Family" with full Family hierarchy charts to match.

We have a vague reference to a "family" around the mid-2010s from Sollecito according to a source whose membership/affiliation is unconfirmed, but even this would be a big shift away from the "Montreal broke off in 1999 and formed their own Family" line that's been popular for years.

I'm interested in the internal politics no matter what the truth is... any revelation would be interesting in its own right.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

OcSleeper wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:30 pm In the trial of Dominico Scarfo, the informant actually called the Rizzutos/Sicilians Cosa Nostra the other day. The exact quote I'll put below. This isn't anything too major or tells us whether they're considered a crew or a family but considering we don't even know if Leonardo Rizzuto, Stefano Sollecito and all the other new generation guys are even made, it's worth something.

In the quote above he's referring to Rocco Sollecito & Lorenzo Giordano, both suspected made Bonanno members.

Good info bud. Cheers.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

So do the Gemini twins actually max out their sentences and get out of jail in ten years or do they have life without parole? I've heard both.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 7:22 am
OcSleeper wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 8:30 pm In the trial of Dominico Scarfo, the informant actually called the Rizzutos/Sicilians Cosa Nostra the other day. The exact quote I'll put below. This isn't anything too major or tells us whether they're considered a crew or a family but considering we don't even know if Leonardo Rizzuto, Stefano Sollecito and all the other new generation guys are even made, it's worth something.

Good info bud. Cheers.
The quotation marks I use in the following paragraphs are mine, and I use the marks either to signify uncertainty or to flag an oddity.

Lorenzo Giordano has not ever been identified as a Bonanno member, nor has Rocco Sollecito for that matter, but Giordano has been suspected of being a "man of honour" in contrast to Sollecito's being suspected as a man of honour in the Bonanno Family. OcSleeper has an excellent handle on the subject of formal affiliation that guys in Montreal have to the various mafie; so my reply here isn't a rebuke of his reply to Jeremy and B.

The suspicion that Giordano was a made Bonanno member comes from the speculation on these types of forums and nowhere else. The speculation may turn out to be right, as it likely is for Sollecito, but the so-called "evidence" we posters have at our disposal about Giordano is that he underwent a "making ceremony" in late January 2004 but was not "inducted" in the Bonanno Family.

If Giordano was "made" in a crime group whose "members" are not recognized by other secret societies, then Giordano was never a man of honour.

I'll check for an existing thread in which I can post specific details about what I've written above, as well as post specific details about men of honour in Quebec.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

antimafia wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:58 am The quotation marks I use in the following paragraphs are mine, and I use the marks either to signify uncertainty or to flag an oddity.

Lorenzo Giordano has not ever been identified as a Bonanno member, nor has Rocco Sollecito for that matter, but Giordano has been suspected of being a "man of honour" in contrast to Sollecito's being suspected as a man of honour in the Bonanno Family. OcSleeper has an excellent handle on the subject of formal affiliation that guys in Montreal have to the various mafie; so my reply here isn't a rebuke of his reply to Jeremy and B.

The suspicion that Giordano was a made Bonanno member comes from the speculation on these types of forums and nowhere else. The speculation may turn out to be right, as it likely is for Sollecito, but the so-called "evidence" we posters have at our disposal about Giordano is that he underwent a "making ceremony" in late January 2004 but was not "inducted" in the Bonanno Family.

If Giordano was "made" in a crime group whose "members" are not recognized by other secret societies, then Giordano was never a man of honour.

I'll check for an existing thread in which I can post specific details about what I've written above, as well as post specific details about men of honour in Quebec.
Thanks AM. Very interesting. Keep us posted. Cheers.
Ivan wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:07 am So do the Gemini twins actually max out their sentences and get out of jail in ten years or do they have life without parole? I've heard both.
Name: ANTHONY MICHAEL SENTER
Register Number: 07555-054
Race: White
Sex: Male
Release Date: LIFE
Located At: USP Allenwood

Name: JOSEPH CARMINE TESTA
Register Number: 07556-054
Race: White
Sex: Male
Release Date: LIFE
Located At: FCI Terminal Island
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Do we have a 'definitive' list of Bonnano members in Canada? Current and 90's (ie not 50's, something relevant to today)?
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:33 am Do we have a 'definitive' list of Bonnano members in Canada? Current and 90's (ie not 50's, something relevant to today)?
Definitive, no.

MotorFab put this list together of the different eras
viewtopic.php?p=197800#p197800

I recently tried getting all of the names off of that Montreal Cells chart Felix Seguin had in his show a couple years ago. This chart would be the most recent chart for Montreal but we don't which of the names listed are made, if any. It's also missing some significant Montreal figures.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1630&start=1560
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Great info, cheers OC.
Great thread MF, annoyed that I missed it!
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:33 am Do we have a 'definitive' list of Bonnano members in Canada? Current and 90's (ie not 50's, something relevant to today)?
Certainly not today. This has come up before and nobody can positively name a single Bonanno member still living in Montreal. It seems they've all died one way or another. Even those put forth as "possible members" are a handful.
All roads lead to New York.