Last time a sitting boss took part in a murder?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Last time a sitting boss took part in a murder?

Post by dack2001 »

Turchi was a labor union tough guy who was close to Mike Marrone and Ralph Natale and other union guys in the 70's. They were part of a group of unmade guys who were in large part Angelo Bruno's muscle and also money makers during the 70's. Made total sense for Turchi to get close to guys that Stanfa had around given his connections. Wouldn't be a surprise if Turchi and Stanfa were friendly with each other in the 70's when Stanfa was close with Bruno working for Frank Sindone, who handled a lot of Angelo Bruno's labor issues. Ronnie Turchi became consigliere because he was close to Ralph, he was one of the few made guys at the time who were connected to Ralph from the 70's. When Joe Ligambi allegedly said they dimed out Ronnie to send Ralph a message, my belief it was much more personal message because Ralph and Ronnie were tight and the new broom was sweeping clean.
Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Post by Nurzhamba »

Maybe the names of Turchi's murderers or those who were suspected are known?
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Roger Vella said that Ligambi, Mazzone, Borgesi, Massimino, and Frank Gambino were involved in the Turchi murder and that Merlino ordered it. Doesn't specify who carried out what roles or who was actually on the scene, but at that time Ligambi was the acting boss, Mazzone the acting underboss, and Borgesi the acting consigliere. So if they were actually on the scene then that'd be the entire administration on the street participating in a murder.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Joeyboy1982
Straightened out

Post by Joeyboy1982 »

I don't believe Gotti was present at Big Paul hit. I think it was Sanny's way of burying John