Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Newyorkempire »

"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

scott22 wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:06 pm I have to own the fact that in my early reporting/research, before I had a single source on the street outside of my grandpa's jewish bookie pals under Fat Allen, I put the 25 number out for Det LCN in the mid2000s. As the years went on, after more research, with gaining the knowledge that Jack Tocco inducted 2 or 3 batches of fresh blood between 02 and 08 and finding a number of inactive button men previously unaccounted for, the number increased.

SMB
No one is more on the mark regarding Detroit than you, as you and I have discussed over the years. I don't know if it's jealousy or what, that makes people doubt your work.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Newyorkempire wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:55 amNot being made in Buffalo, if all these characters are not, doesnt mean you arent Mafia. AND it doesnt mean they havent been made. Comparable to Chicago and further reasoning how evolution not attrition has changed the organization in modern day America.
Evolution, my ass. You couldn't be more wrong. You don't get to reinvent the wheel to fit your narrative. Attrition is the common denominator when you look at Buffalo, Chicago, and Detroit. The decline in numbers, where are all down to historical lows, is undeniable. The breakdown in hierarchy is undeniable.

Nickle constantly tries to find these vague, convoluted, connect-the-dots, which he knows never prove anything, but is just enough for him to essentially say, "Hey, everyone, maybe there's something here. Wink. Wink."

And you're more than happy to swallow it all, hook, line, and sinker, and even take it to another level. "This is the new and evolved Mafia." A dead member's nephew's neighbor's house keeper's mechanic's brother's friend eats at the same restaurant that some guy who once used the same public bathroom stall as Peter Gerace!

What a giant load of horseshit.
sdeitche wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:55 amI don't know if it's jealousy or what, that makes people doubt your work.
History, general trends, lack of cases, basic arithmetic, etc.
All roads lead to New York.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Wiseguy wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 10:44 am
Newyorkempire wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:55 amNot being made in Buffalo, if all these characters are not, doesnt mean you arent Mafia. AND it doesnt mean they havent been made. Comparable to Chicago and further reasoning how evolution not attrition has changed the organization in modern day America.
Evolution, my ass. You couldn't be more wrong. You don't get to reinvent the wheel to fit your narrative. Attrition is the common denominator when you look at Buffalo, Chicago, and Detroit. The decline in numbers, where are all down to historical lows, is undeniable. The breakdown in hierarchy is undeniable.

Nickle constantly tries to find these vague, convoluted, connect-the-dots, which he knows never prove anything, but is just enough for him to essentially say, "Hey, everyone, maybe there's something here. Wink. Wink."

And you're more than happy to swallow it all, hook, line, and sinker, and even take it to another level. "This is the new and evolved Mafia." A dead member's nephew's neighbor's house keeper's mechanic's brother's friend eats at the same restaurant that some guy who once used the same public bathroom stall as Peter Gerace!

What a giant load of horseshit.
sdeitche wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:55 amI don't know if it's jealousy or what, that makes people doubt your work.
History, general trends, lack of cases, basic arithmetic, etc.
-2...I told you I believe you. Sorry it took so long. We can work this out together. I m just confused on the break down of hiearchy claim when Chicago, Detroit and Buffalo all have one in place. Please excuse my ignorance.
cdc
Straightened out

Post by cdc »

I’ve been on these boards for about 20 years I think starting with porellos site. I’ve been guilty of pointless bickering in the past when I was younger and more immature. Wiseguy do you ever wonder why you end up in these fights all the time? Not here to debate your facts or opinions, it’s simply the way you talk to people. You are rude and condescending. Look at your last response to Scott d, a well respected author and nice guy whom I’ve had the pleasure of meeting many years ago. It’s up called for and That’s the main reason you were booted from real deal. You are definitely not the only one guilty of this but man can you ever just agree to disagree? None of us KNOWS what is happening with Buffalo either way. Is that such a bad thing that’s worth all this shit over?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

cdc wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:11 pm I’ve been on these boards for about 20 years I think starting with porellos site. I’ve been guilty of pointless bickering in the past when I was younger and more immature. Wiseguy do you ever wonder why you end up in these fights all the time? Not here to debate your facts or opinions, it’s simply the way you talk to people. You are rude and condescending. Look at your last response to Scott d, a well respected author and nice guy whom I’ve had the pleasure of meeting many years ago. It’s up called for and That’s the main reason you were booted from real deal. You are definitely not the only one guilty of this but man can you ever just agree to disagree? None of us KNOWS what is happening with Buffalo either way. Is that such a bad thing that’s worth all this shit over?
First, I start out nice until I'm not. Second, I like ScottD too but he talks like I haven't layed out my objections with ScottB on Detroit a thousand times. Third, I'm still not sure why I (and several other posters) were booted from the RD but I do know it didn't last long afterwards. Fourth, I'm fine "agreeing to disagree" to a point. But I won't pretend we all don't have enough evidence to see what Buffalo is and isn't today.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

cdc wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:11 pm I’ve been on these boards for about 20 years I think starting with porellos site. I’ve been guilty of pointless bickering in the past when I was younger and more immature. Wiseguy do you ever wonder why you end up in these fights all the time? Not here to debate your facts or opinions, it’s simply the way you talk to people. You are rude and condescending. Look at your last response to Scott d, a well respected author and nice guy whom I’ve had the pleasure of meeting many years ago. It’s up called for and That’s the main reason you were booted from real deal. You are definitely not the only one guilty of this but man can you ever just agree to disagree? None of us KNOWS what is happening with Buffalo either way. Is that such a bad thing that’s worth all this shit over?
+4
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Scott B and Jimmy B did a great podcast episode about Buffalo for those who haven't heard it:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/b ... 0550549671
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Kudos Scott. Yet more credibility to its viability and the parallels between Detroit. Another reputable source that brings the evidence full circle to really show whats going on in terms of hierarchy and functionality in NY, Canada and beyond.
scagghiuni
Full Patched

Post by scagghiuni »

i think the buffalo family is more active on the canadian side, that's why there are not indictments in buffalo, and in canada the anti-organized crime laws are weaker
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

I took Scott's podcast comments on Tampa, replaced them with Buffalo, and it's amazing how well they fit. :mrgreen:

"I would say there are no more traditional organized crime groups that are native to those areas operating. That's not to say there's isn't OC activity taking place in both those areas. The [Buffalo crime family] has, I guess, [Joe Todardo] as the 'boss' but, if there's no organization, then what are you the boss of? So [Joe Todaro] is the last identified boss by the federal government, the last person identified as the mob don of [Buffalo]. I don't think there's much there, if anything."

I was surprised to find that Militello, Serio, Masecchia, and Todaro's nephews are all part of his "inner circle." Learn something new every day.

Oh, and by the way, the government identified Masecchia (the school teacher) as an "associate and possible made member." Naturally, Scott puts him down as a made member. LOL. Gotta love him. :lol:
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:10 pm I took Scott's podcast comments on Tampa, replaced them with Buffalo, and it's amazing how well they fit. :mrgreen:

"I would say there are no more traditional organized crime groups that are native to those areas operating. That's not to say there's isn't OC activity taking place in both those areas. The [Buffalo crime family] has, I guess, [Joe Todardo] as the 'boss' but, if there's no organization, then what are you the boss of? So [Joe Todaro] is the last identified boss by the federal government, the last person identified as the mob don of [Buffalo]. I don't think there's much there, if anything."

I was surprised to find that Militello, Serio, Masecchia, and Todaro's nephews are all part of his "inner circle." Learn something new every day.

Oh, and by the way, the government identified Masecchia (the school teacher) as an "associate and possible made member." Naturally, Scott puts him down as a made member. LOL. Gotta love him. :lol:
-3 Yawn
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Not that I matter but I literally skip past every wise guy post. I love reading everyone’s info and knowledge but it gets a little repetitive having to constantly skip through the BS
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

AntComello wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:59 am Not that I matter but I literally skip past every wise guy post. I love reading everyone’s info and knowledge but it gets a little repetitive having to constantly skip through the BS
Good choice
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

AntComello wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 6:59 am Not that I matter but I literally skip past every wise guy post. I love reading everyone’s info and knowledge but it gets a little repetitive having to constantly skip through the BS
Ironically, that likely means you're only reading the BS. Don't say I didn't warn you.