John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Shellackhead
Full Patched

Re: John Pennisi Sighting / Sit Down News

Post by Shellackhead »

outfit guy wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:30 am It seems the root of all problems begins and ends in Brooklyn/Queens - Brooklyn first. When Manhattan and the Bronx in charge, it's much smoother - for all the families - with exception.
Who were some Manhattan guys that were made with the Lucchese?
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

DiPalermos and Little Italy crew; Bowat Baratta and Harlem crew
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

outfit guy wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 2:54 pm DiPalermos and Little Italy crew; Bowat Baratta and Harlem crew
Thank you
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

outfit guy wrote:DiPalermos and Little Italy crew; Bowat Baratta and Harlem crew
Matty Madonna.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

seems like casso was a real piece of shit. crea was what amuso underboss since like 93 to 2017. alot of acting bosses in between. casso made the family unstable. casso didnt care about the brooklyn bronx thing his number 2 guy or right hand man was a harlem guy. who was acting underboss when casso was on the run by his choice
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

Pmac2 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 7:12 pm With 2 young kids that hurts. He gotta be mid 50tys even thou he dresses like 21. But he must have been making money look at his pics. He came up in teddy persico trial back in the 00s. Hes well known
He makes money, because if I recall, his father was made and owned an apartment building in Harlem. Joey Cupcakes inherited it and now has that as income.
JakeTheSnake630
Straightened out

Post by JakeTheSnake630 »

Wasn't Dom Truscello a manhatten guy?
If nobody sees it, it didn't happen.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

I think I remember hearing the Urgitano family owns a decent amount of properties in East Harlem on/around Pleasant Ave , East 115 - East 120s. If this guy is catching local city assault cases using knives it doesn't seem like a huge shock that he's still not made.

Truscello was in the Prince Street Crew I believe. That must have been a huge crew back in the day.

As far as guys still actually living in Manhattan it's probably pretty rare. Meldish apparently had an apartment on 2nd Ave near 116th and James Maffucci used to live in the Murray Hill area. That black guy Caldwell lived in Esplanade Gardens in Harlem. Prince Street itself is a trip - probably one the highest trafficked / visited areas of the city and I've known it like that for most of my life (I'm relatively young) - I couldn't imagine what it must have been like back in the day when it was a little more real neighborhood'ish and these guys were hanging around. Today they would either stick out like a sore thumb or be mistaken for one of the transplant's grandparents

The building that D'Arco lived in - i wonder if any made guys still live there. That place seemed really mobbed up almost rivaling knickerbocker village. There has to be some guys or their families left in there
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

Maybe it's just me, but I think Dominick Pillotti is more of an interesting character than Cupcakes. He did a ton of time, did favors for some other guys, but got straightened out with the Gambino's. He and his brother fought tooth and nail with the Purples and his brother was found chopped up in the trunk of a burned car while he was in the can.
He's a sleeper, unless you're from the Bronx.
Charlie
Straightened out

Post by Charlie »

Funny they would meet at Villa Barone. For years it was the place you knew you would find Quiet dom Cirillo if you needed to see him. Every day of the week. Right around the corner from Balsamo’s.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Bruno187 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:56 pm Maybe it's just me, but I think Dominick Pillotti is more of an interesting character than Cupcakes. He did a ton of time, did favors for some other guys, but got straightened out with the Gambino's. He and his brother fought tooth and nail with the Purples and his brother was found chopped up in the trunk of a burned car while he was in the can.
He's a sleeper, unless you're from the Bronx.
Good info on Pilotti's conviction
https://law.justia.com/cases/federal/di ... 1/1472600/

Any photos of thiss guy floating around? We knw which crew he's in?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

I haven't seen any pics of him around the internet. VERY low-key and quiet guy now. I wasn't sure if he was straightened out with the Lucchese's or the Gambino's until I heard Pennisi. He's mostly around Arthur/Belmont area, but I don't know who's crew he's in.
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

I was trying to find a news clipping regarding his brother Frank's murder in 1981 in the NY Daily News and NY Times archives but didn't see anything in there either. Kind of odd.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

newera_212 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:57 am I think I remember hearing the Urgitano family owns a decent amount of properties in East Harlem on/around Pleasant Ave , East 115 - East 120s. If this guy is catching local city assault cases using knives it doesn't seem like a huge shock that he's still not made.

Truscello was in the Prince Street Crew I believe. That must have been a huge crew back in the day.

As far as guys still actually living in Manhattan it's probably pretty rare. Meldish apparently had an apartment on 2nd Ave near 116th and James Maffucci used to live in the Murray Hill area. That black guy Caldwell lived in Esplanade Gardens in Harlem. Prince Street itself is a trip - probably one the highest trafficked / visited areas of the city and I've known it like that for most of my life (I'm relatively young) - I couldn't imagine what it must have been like back in the day when it was a little more real neighborhood'ish and these guys were hanging around. Today they would either stick out like a sore thumb or be mistaken for one of the transplant's grandparents

The building that D'Arco lived in - i wonder if any made guys still live there. That place seemed really mobbed up almost rivaling knickerbocker village. There has to be some guys or their families left in there
It;s like a section 8 or mitchell llama (sp?) its across from a bodega. u see some italians but scummy ones wearing dirty white tee shirts and 9 yr old reeboks that have been polished 55 times. Are you aware of what a shithole Knickerbocker is inside? its exactly like walking into a projecct in castle hill/ soundview / marlborough houses 'cept it has a courtyard. tiny apt's, a 250 pound guy has to turn sideways to walk down the elevator halls. if that was being a gangster then fuck that. I might take a 4 year bid or something if it meant living like neil migliore, Avellino or someone like that.
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

CornerBoy wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:48 pm
newera_212 wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:57 am I think I remember hearing the Urgitano family owns a decent amount of properties in East Harlem on/around Pleasant Ave , East 115 - East 120s. If this guy is catching local city assault cases using knives it doesn't seem like a huge shock that he's still not made.

It;s like a section 8 or mitchell llama (sp?) its across from a bodega. u see some italians but scummy ones wearing dirty white tee shirts and 9 yr old reeboks that have been polished 55 times. Are you aware of what a shithole Knickerbocker is inside? its exactly like walking into a projecct in castle hill/ soundview / marlborough houses 'cept it has a courtyard. tiny apt's, a 250 pound guy has to turn sideways to walk down the elevator halls. if that was being a gangster then fuck that. I might take a 4 year bid or something if it meant living like neil migliore, Avellino or someone like that.
I've been in there , it's not that bad. Small apartments even the 3 beds but its a lot better than the projects on the other side of the bridge right there. It's affordable middle class housing, nothing luxurious. For the old timers there it was a big step up from wherever they moved from. I think a lot of the LCN guys there probably liked being in the 'old neighborhood' and paying next to nothing in rent, with rent based off the modest income they show on paper. I live in a similar type of building and it's mostly old people who get comfortable and don't want to leave. Knickerbocker has a lot of chinese now, whenever a mitchell lama opens their wait list they have to advertise in a couple different languages now. Chinese are known for flooding the application list and slowly take over. Same thing happened to my building.