Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Niagarafalls
Straightened out

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by Niagarafalls »

As in LA the suburb abbreviation
NickleCity
Full Patched

Post by NickleCity »

Niagarafalls wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:12 am As in LA the suburb abbreviation
I'm just leaving it at what I said.

And let me be clear the motivation for my posts is Wiseguy's arrogance in thinking he is the arbiter of truth and knows what is going on while living in Idaho or wherever he lives based on what he reads. The fact is his knowledge can be wrong. I know it to be wrong. This will come out in time.

I'd appreciate it if Wiseguy would quit derisively negating everyone who claims some street knowledge and cut them off. It left a very bad taste in my mouth when I started on this forum--especially given the fact he does not know.

That being said experiential and street knowledge can be and is wrong as well.

People should not blindly take what I have written as fact. Wiseguy and anyone else can I should question what I and others say, but the condensation and dismissal of people needs to stop! And yes, I did get a little condescending toward Wiseguy. Maybe I shouldn't have, but maybe he needs a taste of his own medicine.

About my personal experience. I have met with LE officials. They have said the Buffalo mob "is very active." Are they speaking loosely of an Italian Organized Crime syndicated connected to other OC groups? Are they just speaking of Buffalo LCN? A little of both? ....I think it is both, but Time will tell. All I know is LE said the Buffalo mob is very active.

I have personally seen and overheard the meetings I referenced between the Pizza shop owner and the "decision makers" at the Restaurant--not the pizza shop. I have personally seen and heard the Pizza shop owner meet member of his crew at that restaurant as well.. LE told me did me the two men the Pizza shop owner meets with are "decision makers," whatever that means. The Pizza shop owner is related to the city judge and lawyer. My info about the lawyer and judge is from someone else--a street source if you will. I believe him based on my relationship with him. Could he be wrong? Yes, but I don't think so. So don't blindly take what I say as complete truth. I very much believe no one has the complete truth because we can't know anything or anyone fully.

I know I don't know it all... I just wish Wiseguy would admit the same instead of acting like he is right and that he knows people are wrong.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

NickleCity wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:52 am
Niagarafalls wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 8:49 am Nickel, so you’re saying that a Buffalo City Court JUDGE is a made man?? And his brother the lawyer is an associate??
No a city suburb.
And I'm having lunch at the Ritz this afternoon with Barney Bellomo. Should I go with steak or fish?
NickleCity wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:48 amAbout my personal experience. I have met with LE officials. They have said the Buffalo mob "is very active." Are they speaking loosely of an Italian Organized Crime syndicated connected to other OC groups? Are they just speaking of Buffalo LCN? A little of both? ....I think it is both, but Time will tell. All I know is LE said the Buffalo mob is very active.
In my 15+ years on the forums, I can't think of a single time where anecdotal/hearsay statements claimed by someone on the forum - which directly contradicted public statements by law enforcement - ended up being proven correct. Not once.
All roads lead to New York.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

So wiseguy, you admit that todaro is leading the remnants of whatever is left in Buffalo, you admit that violi is the meaningless underboss of “a defunct organization”. I get that there could be a small group like LA during the Milano days or New Orleans in the 90’s where it’s basically a crew of connected guys with ties to the family of yesteryear. But at what point does it cross the line for you? Does the fbi need to come out and say they are a full fledged cosa nostra family. Do they need to have a certain amount of members? Recognition from other families? Do they have to be actively recruiting men? I think it’s fair to say that there isn’t concrete proof that Buffalo is some kind of powerhouse or a well oiled machine, but it seems that they are still a family rather than two old timers. Let’s say there is the Luppino crew and a crew in Buffalo with Gerace and a few other active guys then you got todaro as boss and violi as underboss, with up until recently butchie bifulco as consigliere, to me that’s a small but active family.
Niagarafalls
Straightened out

Post by Niagarafalls »

I believe there’s a family in Buffalo that’s bigger and more involved then what Wiseguy believes, but having a made man as a judge? Even in a suburb. Everyone knows everyone around here. It’s not 1950’s Chicago. What would they gain by having a made man as a judge in a suburb?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Niagarafalls wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:16 pm What would they gain by having a made man as a judge in a suburb?
Free Parking.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Moscone65 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:59 pm ...but it seems that they are still a family rather than two old timers. Let’s say there is the Luppino crew and a crew in Buffalo with Gerace and a few other active guys then you got todaro as boss and violi as underboss, with up until recently butchie bifulco as consigliere, to me that’s a small but active family.
I'd say that's a pretty good summation.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

NickleCity, is it your belief that there are Canadians who are initiates of a Buffalo family?
UTC
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by UTC »

Wiseguy wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 9:36 pm
NickleCity wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:59 pm Yeah, no federal law enforcement has testified in any of the public court cases the federal prosecutors are pursuing after federal LE has investigated Buffalo organized crime/Buffalo the mafia.

Yet her are just a few annotations of court documents Mike McAndrews the head of the investigative arm of the Buffalo news has published online showing federal prosecutor and LE comments.

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/mr-g ... 0d50.htmld

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/its- ... 85ce1.html

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/feds ... 57c0c.html

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/home ... 69993.html

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/fbi- ... 610ef.html

https://buffalonews.com/news/local/2013 ... 051aa.html

Fun game: instead of betting on the Super Bowl let’s bet on whether or not Wiseguy can let anyone who disagrees with him have the last word or if he has to get it. Cause let’s face it… Wiseguy is smart and is trying to control the narrative to push his view of the topic.
What you claim exists in Buffalo has not been demonstrated by these investigations. What has been shown is precisely what Peter Ahearn said - "There's a difference between an organized criminal syndicate, like the Mafia, and those who are just committing crimes." This is the exact same thing investigators said over 15 years ago when they stated "Small numbers of loosely associated individuals may still get together to commit what once were Mafia style crimes." You couldn't find a better example of this than Louis Selva, Peter Gerace, Anthony Gerace, Peter Militello, Michael Messechia, Joseph Bella, and Ronald Serio in the larger Bongiovanni case. That's the sum total of the Buffalo side in recent years.

On the Hamilton side, as I've said many times, the Angelo Musitano, Albert Ivarone, Cece Luppino, Pat Musitano, Jason Lalonde, and Giorgio Baressi shootings were more the result of underworld strife in Canada than anything directly relating to the Buffalo LCN. The Carfagna, Violi, and Iavarone busts occurred irregardless of anyone or anything in Buffalo. The connection between the two is more historical than present day. The Papalias and Musitanos are finished. There are a few members left in Violi and the Luppinos but that's it. You have to look at these things in their proper context.
Do you have any idea whether Lalonde is related to former boxing contender Donnie Lalonde?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

UTC wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:34 pm NickleCity, is it your belief that there are Canadians who are initiates of a Buffalo family?
It's confirmed. Underboss + captain + undetermined number of members in Ontario.
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Don’t be a stunad, there are dozens of kids wanting to be made in southern Ontario, the immigration is too fresh here still
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:22 pm
Moscone65 wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:59 pm ...but it seems that they are still a family rather than two old timers. Let’s say there is the Luppino crew and a crew in Buffalo with Gerace and a few other active guys then you got todaro as boss and violi as underboss, with up until recently butchie bifulco as consigliere, to me that’s a small but active family.
I'd say that's a pretty good summation.
Grazie Sonny , it’s a reasonable summation of the circumstances
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

The ni*ger lovers here eventually grow up and realize to make money you have to associate with the older school guys…
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Moscone65 wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 1:05 am The ni*ger lovers here eventually grow up and realize to make money you have to associate with the older school guys…
Huh?
Moscone65
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Moscone65 »

Sorry please ignore that post I had a couple of drinks last night, don’t mean to be racist. What I meant though was alot of Italian kids here in Woodbridge who like to act like black gangstas and all that mentality tend to ditch that phase in their early 20’s then all of a sudden the mafia looks cool to them. So a lot of young guys who you would never see as potential recruits before start gravitating towards that scene. But ya nonetheless that previous reply was a bit out of the blue, Lol.