Members with rape convictions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Members with rape convictions

Post by Hired_Goonz »

How common is/was it for a made guy to have a rape conviction? I know I've seen multiple references to old timers being charged or even convicted of sex crimes. For example, Paul Vario did time in the 30s for the gang rape of a teenage girl. Vincenzo Cotroni apparently was arrested for rape but the charge was dropped when he married the victim, which isn't that uncommon in old-school "honor based" type cultures. In one of Cavita's threads about Rockford he mentioned an old time Rockford guy who did time for rape but I can't recall the specifics. I know that Maxie character who used to post here isn't very popular and probably with good reason, but I remember he used to post profiles of old time members including their criminal records and it wasn't uncommon to see rape convictions.

Do we know of any guys from the more modern era with sex crimes on his jacket? When Massino testified about the practice of passing around the names of prospective members, he gave "rapist" as an example of someone they would be trying to weed out. Has anyone heard an example of someone getting knocked down because of that? Or any current active guys who are convicted sex offenders?
cavita
Full Patched

Re: Members with rape convictions

Post by cavita »

Frank "Gumba" Saladino and Joe Saladino from Rockford were both convicted of raping the same girl in 1964 and sentenced to terms in Pontiac prison.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I believe Christy Tick Funari and Frank "Punchy" Illiano had rape convictions. I vaguely remember reading that Joe Profaci fled a rape charge in Sicily. Not a member but top Philly Associate Philip Casale did time for rising a 10 year old girl.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Didn't Chicago Associate William "Action" Jackson also have a rape conviction? I vaguely recall reading that.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Sam DeStefano of Chicago was also convicted.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

The book Gangbusters mentions a Lucchese Associate raping a young boy in the 1980s and getting killed for it. I don't remember if his name was given. The book is highly inaccurate so I don't know if this really happened.

Pogo
thekiduknow
Full Patched

Post by thekiduknow »

Angelo Prisinzano had a rape conviction
Hired_Goonz
Straightened out

Post by Hired_Goonz »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:43 pm The book Gangbusters mentions a Lucchese Associate raping a young boy in the 1980s and getting killed for it. I don't remember if his name was given. The book is highly inaccurate so I don't know if this really happened.

Pogo
On LCN Bios list of DeMeo crew murders there is a Michael DiCarlo murdered on May 16, 1978 he's listed as a Lucchese associate and the motive is he molested a nephew of another unnamed Lucchese associate. I don't remember this one from Murder Machine or anything, I do recall them doing a murder for hire by killing a guy who was acquitted on a rape charge on behalf of the victim's family. But that was a different murder a year later - need a scorecard to keep up with these guys!

https://lcnbios.blogspot.com/2018/05/de ... s.html?m=1
Ed
Straightened out

Post by Ed »

Gambino Joseph Parisi (dead circa 1956) spent two years in jail for rape.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

OcSleeper wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:33 pm Sam DeStefano of Chicago was also convicted.
It's alleged that back in the old days on Taylor St the Forty-Two Gang was notorious for pulling gang rapes on girls in the neighborhood. Some really sick dudes.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Philly Faye Casale a New Jersey mob associate was a sick individual according to this article below.

https://mycitypaper.com/articles/040501 ... .mob.shtml
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

As a teenager, Joe DiNapoli was among 6 guys (including future carpenters union leader and associate attilio bitondo) charged with sexually abusing and robbing two girls at a Bronx carnival. Not sure what came of the case.

For some reason, I think Carmine Tramunti May have been charged with rape.

Salvatore Granello was suspected of sexually abused young girls.
Stopflexing
Straightened out

Post by Stopflexing »

Didn’t Action Jackson rape the wives/girlfriends of guys who owed money? That was his way of collecting?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Not sure about conviction but charges:

- Epifanio "Fauney" D'Angelo (Bonanno)
- I believe other Galante crew members had rape charges along with Prisinzano.
- Years ago JD and I talked about Frank Saggio's BS claim that Phil Giaccone had no arrest record, and along with Giaccone having a sheet I believe one of the charges was rape.
- Joe Profaci was reportedly charged with rape in Sicily.
Clark
Straightened out

Post by Clark »

In 1925 Michael Clemente, who was seventeen at the time, and a friend were charged with raping a mentally disabled girl in a car at Coney Island, and then turning her over to another friend who also had intercourse with her. Because of her disability they didn't think she would be a good witness and he was allowed to plead guilty to third degree assault. The record I have says that he only got a sixty-day sentence.