General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:53 am Figured out that Filippo Lobue, the father of Matteo and Massimo, comes from Trabia (says on his Facebook page), but he has other Lobue relatives in Bagheria and Caltanissetta. My original guess of Corleone was way off, although it is a common name there.
Also worth noting that once one goes down the FB rabbit hole a lot of interesting names pop up, as usual. Of course, Filippo and Massimo Lo Bue are both friends with Solly D. Massimo Lo Bue is also friends with Jason Nitti (who, based upon a skimming of his social network seems to have some direct ties back to Bari). These guys are friends with Chuck Bellavia and John Butera. Other interesting surnames that pop up include Eboli, Cozzo, DeMonte, Allegretti, Borsellino, Scarpelli, Buttitta. The Lo Bues are friends with many Rinellas, including a bunch in Chicago. Unsurprising given that the surname is present in Trabia, but worth noting that the former capo of the Trabia family was Salvatore Rinella. Also, Jason Nitti is friends with Gianni Russo, indicating that he is indeed big time.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:37 am
Antiliar wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:53 am Figured out that Filippo Lobue, the father of Matteo and Massimo, comes from Trabia (says on his Facebook page), but he has other Lobue relatives in Bagheria and Caltanissetta. My original guess of Corleone was way off, although it is a common name there.
Also worth noting that once one goes down the FB rabbit hole a lot of interesting names pop up, as usual. Of course, Filippo and Massimo Lo Bue are both friends with Solly D. Massimo Lo Bue is also friends with Jason Nitti (who, based upon a skimming of his social network seems to have some direct ties back to Bari). These guys are friends with Chuck Bellavia and John Butera. Other interesting surnames that pop up include Eboli, Cozzo, DeMonte, Allegretti, Borsellino, Scarpelli, Buttitta. The Lo Bues are friends with many Rinellas, including a bunch in Chicago. Unsurprising given that the surname is present in Trabia, but worth noting that the former capo of the Trabia family was Salvatore Rinella. Also, Jason Nitti is friends with Gianni Russo, indicating that he is indeed big time.
Jason Nitti is friends with some of the Inendinos, and from there you get Rovitos, Sarnos, Spanos, DiFronzos, Salamones, etc.

Also, it does seem that Nitti is related to the Cerones and Rosa Cerone is probably his mother.

Louie Rainone has DeLaurentis, Inendino, Spizziri, Carioscia, Colucci, Sansone. And also a Rainone from back in Naples.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Anyone who's friends with Gianni Russo can rule them all. The real Boss of Bosses.

Aside from that silliness, I wondered if Jason was related to Nick Nitti. Joe Fosco might know something about his relationship with the Cerones.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:02 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:01 pm I also heard Sal C has had his own health problems in the last couple of years. I heard he had two heart attacks.
Another toothpick.

What the hell kind of way is that to talk about a sick person?

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Antiliar wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:47 am Anyone who's friends with Gianni Russo can rule them all. The real Boss of Bosses.

Aside from that silliness, I wondered if Jason was related to Nick Nitti. Joe Fosco might know something about his relationship with the Cerones.
Nick Nitti who ran the travel agency passed away a while ago but his son Jonny still runs the company in River Grove. Those Nitti's are from Norridge and own a bunch of restaurants on Harlem. I've never heard of Jason previously but am not sure if he's related - if he's originally from Norridge then probably. I know Johnny's godfather was "Peanuts" DeMillio - a former Chicago cop turned Outfit leg breaker who passed away a few years ago in Elmwood Park, so his family remained close to Outfit guys.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 3:50 pm Today I asked him about drugs. Solly D and Sal C know about the Cicero crew's drug dealing. Jimmy I, ironically, is vehemently against drugs, but as Scott B. noted, he's got brain cancer so at this point is more of a placeholder. Rainone and/or his underlings have a connection to the Sinaloa and Chihuahua cartels. They also continue to make money using poker machines. Don't do as much extortion/street tax stuff. Says they still do loansharking, but lacks details. He believes Joe Guarino is a made guy, seems certain that he is, but less certain than last time we discussed. Says Guarino is a partner of Gino Gallela, who owns Mobbed Up Records and 24/7 Fire Restoration.
The drugs make sense as that’s where the $ is. I wouldn’t be surprised if they also moved alot of marajuana

It’s odds Cicero doesnt have large sports gambling rackets like the East coast families. I’ve wondered why that is given the cash flow , perhaps it’s a security issue with all the how big a crew is needed to operate some of these 8 figure + sports books.

Cicero always seemed to do larger business loan shark loans rather than the retail.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:54 am
Antiliar wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:47 am Anyone who's friends with Gianni Russo can rule them all. The real Boss of Bosses.

Nick Nitti who ran the travel agency passed away a while ago but his son Jonny still runs the company in River Grove. Those Nitti's are from Norridge and own a bunch of restaurants on Harlem. I've never heard of Jason previously but am not sure if he's related - if he's originally from Norridge then probably. I know Johnny's godfather was "Peanuts" DeMillio - a former Chicago cop turned Outfit leg breaker who passed away a few years ago in Elmwood Park, so his family remained close to Outfit guys.
Nick Nitti from the travel agency died in 2002. One of his grandkids was a Jason, so I assume these are all the same Nittis. They also seem to have Nitti relatives direct from Bari who immigrated to Chicago. Another Nitti who is a FB friend of Jason is also FB buddies with Calabrian zip Camilo Gigliotti.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:20 am

Nick Nitti from the travel agency died in 2002. One of his grandkids was a Jason, so I assume these are all the same Nittis. They also seem to have Nitti relatives direct from Bari who immigrated to Chicago. Another Nitti who is a FB friend of Jason is also FB buddies with Calabrian zip Camilo Gigliotti.
That's "Frankie Southside" Gigliotti :lol:
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:27 am
PolackTony wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:20 am

Yes and now he’s deported and living on the Southside of Colosimi, Cosenza, lol.
That's "Frankie Southside" Gigliotti :lol:
Yes and now he’s deported and living on the Southside of Colosimi, Calabria, lol.

Given the significant presence of zips around Elmwood Park in the 80s — 2000s, unsurprising that the guys we see as potential made guys operating there today have close ties to Italy.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:53 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:20 pm
PolackTony wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:02 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:01 pm I also heard Sal C has had his own health problems in the last couple of years. I heard he had two heart attacks.
Another toothpick.
Tony another interesting thing about Cataudella is that his son Sal Cataudella is a C-Note. He’s from the north side c-notes from JPark I believe. They grew up in the park ridge area I believe. He was working at their pawn show back in the day. The one on Madison and Cicero that got busted in 2004
or 2005. Unfortunately he will not follow his dad into Outfit leadership because he is or was a heavy heroin user. He’s been in and out of jail his entire adult life for petty shit. Now that I’m thinking about it maybe he is the son of Nick Cataudella and not Sal. Either way it’s interesting to see Cicero guys have their kids become C-Notes and not 12th st
Nice info. Maybe he got plugged in with the Notes from hanging around Harlem Ave. As you know, the Harlem strip was dago central and Italians from various neighborhoods went there to hang out. Along with Jeff Park, they used to have a section in Elmwood Park (Grand and Harlem) also which was called “Spaghetti Hill” as well as a nearby section at Normandy and Belden in Galewood. All of those NW side chapters were opened in the early 80s when the Notes were going at it heavy with the Gaylords (Sayre Park) and they’ve all long since closed down. There may be some older guys still around in Jeff Park but I don’t think they’ve had a functioning chapter there in years. From what I know the 12th St Players recruited from kids living around the Island/Grant Works and in Berwyn, so if he grew up in Park Ridge he wouldn’t have been likely to be a Player unless he was hanging out by Roosevelt and Austin, etc.

Nice photo montage of old C-Note pics. Mostly from the Patch (Ohio & Leavitt, Race & Oakley, Smith Park, Chicago & Western), but a couple from Jeff Park. The first photo shown is not from the 80s but is supposedly a pic of the 1st generation C-Notes from the 50s/60s. The pics at 0:20 were from Race & Oakley from the annual block parties that the Spina family held. The pics where they pose in front of murals in a basement was from one of their club houses in the basement of Fiore’s Deli.

https://youtu.be/-NqRvPT2uT4
"Mystery" solved. Before Sal Cataudella, Sr moved to Park Ridge, the Cataudellas were in the Grand Ave Patch and then Galewood, after having relocated from NYC. In 1963, Sal, Sr's uncle Michael Cataudella, living at Erie and Racine, was convicted for burglarizing a Park Ridge home with some other Italian guys from the Patch/Humboldt Park (possible that these guys were C-Notes, though the Racine location would make Gaylords more likely). The victim also claimed that he was shot at and threatened to prevent him from testifying as a witness. Michael Cataudella was represented in this case by Outfit lawyer Michael Brodkin and sentenced to 5 years. He was then murdered in 1969 in what CPD told the Tribune they suspected was a hit by "syndicate" gunmen. At this time, Michael was living at Meade and Dickens near Riis Park.

See the Cataudella genealogy here:
viewtopic.php?p=219677#p219677
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 1:37 am
A perusal of their facebook leaves no doubt these guys are connected. Incidentally, he's also friends with Domenico Gambino of Tony's Finer Foods and some of the Grecos of Greco and Sons.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:30 am
Michael Cataudella was represented in this case by Outfit lawyer Michael Brodkin and sentenced to 5 years. He was then murdered in 1969 in what CPD told the Tribune they suspected was a hit by "syndicate" gunmen.
I've heard of cases where the Outfit used their lawyers or tried to bribe judges to get guys off so they could kill them on the streets. Jose Fosco told the story of the Outfit bosses trying to bribe a judge in the case of Ralph Nappi's killer in the 1940s, but the judge didn't take the bribe and the killer was sent to prison, but was saved from Mob vengeance. It would be easy to conclude that Outfit attorneys only represent Outfit clients, but that's not always the case.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Was looking at some old American News Post comments. Wondering if we could have it wrong about Tony Centracchio.

"Dear The Don,
I never understood why Centraccio was indicted with the poker machine bosses and made to look as if he were their boss. Centraccio was collecting protection money from the dirty bookstores in the Stone Park area, and other areas. In my opinion, the government got it wrong as usual and decided that Tony was the boss of the entire group of rackets in the area that he was collecting protection money.
The only Rocky that I knew in that area was Circelli. He worked for Buddy Ciotti, Joey DeVita and Carmie Bastone."

Have to add that another source recently told me that Centracchio was briefly boss of the entire Outfit. Obviously I can't verify this, but that's what he told me.

And this about Rocky Infelice:

"Dear The Don,
Yes. Rocky reached heights that his mentor (Joe) did not. Rocky became the boss around the time of Ferriola’s death, which lasted until Rocky was imprisoned. I declare that Rocky was the dumbest boss the Outfit ever had. One example of Rocky’s shortcomings would pertain to his involvement with my fathers union local (which occurred after my father’s death). One day Rocky decided to call a man that once worked for my father via the Teamsters and who was married to Joe Ferriola’s daughter Darlene. While on the phone, Rocky told the young man that he was unhappy about a particular player (someone that owed gambling debts) and that he would break the guys legs if he did not pay his gambling debts. Well, shortly after the phone call it was discovered that law enforcement had intercepted the call. Therefore, the International (Teamsters) confronted the union official that took Rocky’s phone call and forced him to retire immediately. In other words, Rocky’s phone call caused the union official to resign. If my father were alive, it would have never happened. My dad had a zero tolerance policy. I mean that my dad would not employ anyone that was involved in the rackets. If a business agent that was employed by my father dabbled in bookmaking, my father would issue an ultimatum requiring the bookmaker to immediately decide if he wanted to be a business agent or a bookmaker.
The subject of Rocky becoming the boss reminds me of how it occurred. Old man Cerone, who was away in prison at the time, influenced the decision (coupled with the fact that DiFronzo loved having a buffoon take attention away from him). Jack was old man Cap’s apprentice in the beginning. Well, Rocky had married old man Cap’s daughter Annie. In addition, Annie was one of Jack’s sex partners for many years, even during her marriage to Rocky. Annie forced Jack to elevate her husband in the Outfit so he could make some reasonable money (this reminds me that Rudy Fratto was ‘made’ because of his mothers repeated requests). Rocky was the dumbest boss that ever existed. In fact, he would get drunk in bars while bragging about half-truths. A few times Rocky talked to undercover FBI agents in bars while he was drunk and said things in a braggadocios way to impress the undercover agents (not knowing they were agents) and stated things that were not even correct, but nonetheless incriminating.
Yes. Ferriola was a Capo but never the boss of the Outfit, despite popular belief."
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I recall the talk was that Rocky was not particularly well liked by the powers that be in the 60s and 70s.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

funkster wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:58 pm I recall the talk was that Rocky was not particularly well liked by the powers that be in the 60s and 70s.
He did deal in drugs back then, so I'm sure that didn't help with Ricca and Accardo.