General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by PolackTony »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:17 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:54 pm
PolackTony wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:44 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:41 pm
SolarSolano wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:07 pm Louie Rainone also is part owner of another gaming parlor called Its About Time Lounge at 3147 S 53rd Ct, Cicero, IL 60804

He's also opening a barbershop at 2303 South Laramie Avenue and of course in Cicero, he easily got parking variance to reduce the number of required off-street parking spaces from three to zero at the location. I'm surprised they didn't just hand him a bag of money from the town treasury on his way out.

https://www.ciceroindependiente.com/eng ... ting-fauci
That’s hilarious. He’s opening up a barbershop on the same block as that shithole bar la plazuela. That place caters to hookers and drug dealers. I heard it was a major drug trafficking spot with posible cartel connections. I went there a couple of times. Definitely a rough spot
Glad to hear that you’re enjoying the Cicero night life, I’m sure La Plazuela keeps it classy, lol.

On a side note, is Cicero Town President Larry Dominick related to Bobby Dominick?
Not sure if Cicero and classy can be written in the same sentence lol

The cartel is has to be deeply entrenched in Cicero leads to the the theory that the Outfit in Cicero has to be involved in the drug trade one way or another, just like Antiliar’s source said
It may be the first time the two words have ever appeared together in print lol.

The 12th St Players connection is also going to be part of the conduit to DTOs I think. Not only do those guys move drugs themselves, they have close ties in the IL prison system to organizations like the Kings who have direct cartel ties, of course. Cartels are deeply entrenched across the Western suburbs and adjacent areas of the city like Little Village.

I forget the exact link (I believe Villain referenced it once) but I believe at one point the Outfit may have also had ties to the MLDs, who were one of the first gangs to develop direct ties with the cartels going back to the 70s. Mainly PR gang but they gained a major position in the drug market by having a top Mexican member back in the day who was related to some cartel guys from those days.
Another, older, potential link I’ve wondered about was Harry Aleman’s father who I recall was from Jalisco I think and supposedly part of one of those old cartels back in the day.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Ozgoz
Straightened out

Post by Ozgoz »

It would be interesting to know (if only from a word on the street perspective) what the deal is with the Sinaloan cartel using Chicago as their US HQ, and how the outfit felt about that.

I suspect the cartel barely even is aware of the existence of the outfit and just does whatever it likes. But I would suggest that from an intimidation factor, that had to have had an affect on how people saw the outfit. That another criminal organisation would just come into their city and make millions.

Back in the day that would’ve been unthinkable. I would think being ignored was probably a relief for them… better than having your arms and legs cut off or whatever those sickos do.

I wonder what this guy has to say about the outfit’s prestige here.
WHHAAT MUUUYDAAAAH???????
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

Ozgoz wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:53 am It would be interesting to know (if only from a word on the street perspective) what the deal is with the Sinaloan cartel using Chicago as their US HQ, and how the outfit felt about that.

I suspect the cartel barely even is aware of the existence of the outfit and just does whatever it likes. But I would suggest that from an intimidation factor, that had to have had an affect on how people saw the outfit. That another criminal organisation would just come into their city and make millions.

Back in the day that would’ve been unthinkable. I would think being ignored was probably a relief for them… better than having your arms and legs cut off or whatever those sickos do.

Nothing , different business. Before the Mexicans it was the Columbians that used Chi as their drug hub
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:25 pm
SolarSolano wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 8:07 pm Louie Rainone also is part owner of another gaming parlor called Its About Time Lounge at 3147 S 53rd Ct, Cicero, IL 60804

He's also opening a barbershop at 2303 South Laramie Avenue and of course in Cicero, he easily got parking variance to reduce the number of required off-street parking spaces from three to zero at the location. I'm surprised they didn't just hand him a bag of money from the town treasury on his way out.

That’s hilarious. He’s opening up a barbershop on the same block as that shithole bar la plazuela. That place caters to hookers and drug dealers. I heard it was a major drug trafficking spot with posible cartel connections. I went there a couple of times. Definitely a rough spot
Glad to hear that you’re enjoying the Cicero night life, I’m sure La Plazuela keeps it classy, lol.

On a side note, is Cicero Town President Larry Dominick related to Bobby Dominick?

The cartel is has to be deeply entrenched in Cicero leads to the the theory that the Outfit in Cicero has to be involved in the drug trade one way or another, just like Antiliar’s source said
It may be the first time the two words have ever appeared together in print lol.

The 12th St Players connection is also going to be part of the conduit to DTOs I think. Not only do those guys move drugs themselves, they have close ties in the IL prison system to organizations like the Kings who have direct cartel ties, of course. Cartels are deeply entrenched across the Western suburbs and adjacent areas of the city like Little Village.

I forget the exact link (I believe Villain referenced it once) but I believe at one point the Outfit may have also had ties to the MLDs, who were one of the first gangs to develop direct ties with the cartels going back to the 70s. Mainly PR gang but they gained a major position in the drug market by having a top Mexican member back in the day who was related to some cartel guys from those days.
Another, older, potential link I’ve wondered about was Harry Aleman’s father who I recall was from Jalisco I think and supposedly part of one of those old cartels back in the day.
Aleman's father was from Fort Worth, TX. Harry was raised right off of Taylor Street in a heavily Italian neighborhood, so if his old man was involved in anything, he probably wasn't after Harry and his brothers were born.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

TommyNoto wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:02 am
Ozgoz wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 2:53 am It would be interesting to know (if only from a word on the street perspective) what the deal is with the Sinaloan cartel using Chicago as their US HQ, and how the outfit felt about that.

Nothing , different business. Before the Mexicans it was the Columbians that used Chi as their drug hub
Exactly. I doubt anyone gives a shit. Did the Columbians and Domincans running drugs in NYC effect the "prestige" of the Gambinos?
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 9:25 pm

I remember being told or reading that Aleman was the liaison between the Outfit and the Herrera family in the 1970s for obvious reasons, Aleman being half Mexican. The Outfit always kept working relationships with these different organizations. The Herreras were as big as they got for drug traffickers in the 70s and early 80s. They were basically the predecessor to the cartels. They flooded Chicago with their brown heroin in the 70s. I think the family was eventually swallowed up by the Sinaloa cartel.

I’m sure this article has been posted before but it is about the Outfit working with the SDs in Bridgeport.

DRUG RING UNEARTHED BY SLAYING PROBE

By Eric Ferkenhoff and Cam Simpson and Tribune Staff Writers
Chicago Tribune

November 04, 2000
In the midst of a probe into the December slaying of a reputed top Bridgeport mobster, Chicago police investigators employing a wiretap turned up a major Midwestern cocaine ring centered in the South Side neighborhood, law-enforcement sources said Friday.

Charges were announced Friday against 15 people allegedly involved in a ring that distributed up to $1 million in cocaine every two weeks in Chicago and Michigan. Police dubbed the probe Operation Vendetta II.

ADVERTISEMENT

The wiretap was originally employed as part of what was called Operation Vendetta, an investigation focusing on warring factions in the Chicago mob's Bridgeport street crew and, specifically, the slaying of Ronald Jarrett, 55, a lieutenant in the crew, according to law-enforcement sources.

The wiretap was on the phone of a reputed Bridgeport mobster suspected of involvement in the Jarrett killing. The reputed mobster also was connected to the cocaine ring, sources said. The target of the wiretap was not among those charged Friday.

Jarrett was shot several times last Dec. 23 near his Bridgeport home in the 3000 block of South Lowe Avenue. Federal law-enforcement officials said Jarrett was on his way to an Orland Park funeral home for the visitation of his friend and mob turncoat Charles "Guy" Bills, who had died of natural causes.

Jarrett, believed to be Chicago's first ranking mob slaying victim in at least seven years, never regained consciousness and died Jan. 25 in Cook County Hospital. Jarrett was reportedly involved in disputes with other top Bridgeport mobsters, including a spat over the split of gambling proceeds, according to law-enforcement sources.

Phil Cline, the deputy chief of the Chicago Police Organized Crime Division, declined to comment Friday when asked about a connection between the drug investigation and the parallel probe into the Jarrett slaying.

But Cline did confirm that two of those charged Friday, Chris Marcotte and Peter Frigo, both of whom lived in Bridgeport, are believed by police to be associates or members of the mob's Bridgeport crew.

Marcotte was recently released from state prison for his 1992 conviction for second-degree murder in what police called a street gang-related killing.Early this summer, shortly after the wiretap began, detectives in the Organized Crime Division overheard conversations about the alleged drug ring in Bridgeport. At about the same time, police in the Deering District began receiving complaints about prolific drug dealing around the intersection of 31st and Halsted Streets, police said.

Vendetta II was spun off from the original probe in late July, and organized crime investigators worked with the Deering police to break up the drug ring, police said. Police sources also confirmed there were concerns among some investigators who believed that unveiling the drug case Friday would hamper the parallel mob probe.

But a top police official said it was done of necessity.

"We had no choice," the official said. "This [drug dealing] was very significant and there was a lot of heat" from neighborhood residents.

Police said the ring brought together Marcotte and Frigo with members of the South Side's Satan Disciples street gang. Two reputed Satan Disciple leaders, Richard Velasquez Sr., 45, and his son, Richard Jr., 24, were among those arrested Friday. Marcotte was still a fugitive Friday evening.

Marcotte and Frigo are accused of shuttling more than two pounds of cocaine to the Upper Peninsula of Michigan each month. Frigo was arrested in Michigan Friday. Locally, ring members are accused of putting up to 22 pounds of cocaine per week on South Side streets. The ring also dealt marijuana, police said.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

I went to college with a couple of Marcottes that were from Lockport I believe, always wondered if there was a relation.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Marcotte is a laborer now if I am not mistaken.

Cicero is literally a shithole thanks to the Chicago Outfit. Believe it or not, it wasn't a bad place to grow up and was more like Melrose Park but it just went downhill - but what do you expect when you bankrupt the entire town for literal generations? All that tax money always went to the Outfit and it still does.

Larry Dominick is not related to Bobby Dominic. They have their names spelled differently and I know Larry grew up in Cicero and went to Morton Grove I believe Bobby is a Chicago guy. Larry Dominick is probably the country's worst mayor - he's a well-known creep who pays women off with town funds and hires all his relatives.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

:lol: You should read about Bobby Panozzo of the Outfit who went to prison for ripping off cartel stash houses - he would cut the ears off guys who wouldn't tell him where the stash was - some of these guys are just as brutal.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/2019/9/28/ ... ies%20said.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

TommyNoto wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 6:02 am

Different business, indeed. Outside of anecdotes and speculation, you'll see relatively little evidence of Outfit involvement in drugs today. Ironically enough, it probably had more involvement decades ago (Battaglia, Buccieri, Torello, Infelise, etc.) than they do today when they're a much weaker organization and marginalized in the drug trade. Basically the opposite of the conventional thinking.
All roads lead to New York.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

The drug that Torello was arrested for stealing was a cortisone shipment. I don't remember him being being involved with hard drugs unless he silently bankrolled their sale. Infelise, of course, was involved with heroin.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:59 am I remember being told or reading that Aleman was the liaison between the Outfit and the Herrera family in the 1970s for obvious reasons, Aleman being half Mexican. The Outfit always kept working relationships with these different organizations. The Herreras were as big as they got for drug traffickers in the 70s and early 80s. They were basically the predecessor to the cartels. They flooded Chicago with their brown heroin in the 70s. I think the family was eventually swallowed up by the Sinaloa cartel.
I wrote “cartel” but the MLDs were connected to the Herrera organization in the 70s, which is what gave them a major leg up on other organizations in street level drug distribution. My understanding is that one of their top members in the era was a Mexican dude who was related to the Herrera family.

I believe that Eto probably had links to PR gangs like the MLDs and he and his workers were involved in drugs as well as bolita. The Northside crew I believe had ties to PR gangs as well as black gangs like the Mickey Cobras.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

@antiliar, throwing one more out there for your guy....

Does he have a sense of how large the cicero family might be? Not made guys only, but guys that are really "part of" or working for the crew as a whole?
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Coloboy wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:00 am @antiliar, throwing one more out there for your guy....

Does he have a sense of how large the cicero family might be? Not made guys only, but guys that are really "part of" or working for the crew as a whole?
I already asked him. He doesn't have an idea of numbers.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

My buddy tells me this is Louie Rainone on this YouTube clip in the Hawks jersey - I'm not so sure - and neither of us got any idea what this Mobbed Up brand is all about but its really random they would have this on their channel. Also I used to see Greg Tosto wearing a Mobbed Up shirt like right before he passed away and honestly thought it was his brand. Really random if this guy is indeed at the top of the pyramid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GChtxtWbRic