General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Antiliar
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Antiliar »

funkster wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:40 pm Did you source have any idea about Dino Marino's status? Or how about the supposed meetings between the Genovese and Marcello's kid?
He doesn't know of Dino Marino. Didn't ask him about the meetings. Do you have details?
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Antiliar wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:44 pm
funkster wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:40 pm Did you source have any idea about Dino Marino's status? Or how about the supposed meetings between the Genovese and Marcello's kid?
He doesn't know of Dino Marino. Didn't ask him about the meetings. Do you have details?
Unfortunately I don't, just the pictures of (name escapes me, West Side guy who passed away from covid) out drinking with Marcello the younger. Was supposedly business not just pleasure. It was just fueling speculation that the Outfit and West Side were continuing their long standing business relationship.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

I asked him if he heard of Tony Dote, Gary Gagliano or Nick Ferriola. He said no.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I wonder if the guys Solly has in EP just report direct to him and there are other guys operating there? The guy hasn't heard of Dote or Gagliano so if they are active, maybe they run through someone else. Or it could just be a dead territory. If Dote still runs book, he could do it anywhere in the Chicago-area if EP was made off limits or deactivated years ago.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

I think Albie Vena also has guys operating in EP. The old EP crew under Cerone and DiFronzo is gone.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:51 pm
Antiliar wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:44 pm
Unfortunately I don't, just the pictures of (name escapes me, West Side guy who passed away from covid) out drinking with Marcello the younger. Was supposedly business not just pleasure. It was just fueling speculation that the Outfit and West Side were continuing their long standing business relationship.
Lou Auricchio. There was a pic of him partying with Sammy Marcello a couple of years back in River Forest. Before Auricchio succumbed to Covid he was apparently in the process of moving to Chicago. Pudgy is obviously a remaining link between the two families.
Last edited by PolackTony on Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:13 pm I think Albie Vena also has guys operating in EP. The old EP crew under Cerone and DiFronzo is gone.
I’ve heard from someone who knows a few things that Rudy Fratto is currently a big shot on the street in EP and has a crew of younger guys who follow him. Wasn’t given much more detail than this but this individual IIRC believed that Fratto was capo.

Another group of guys I wonder about is the Cassanos.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Francis Mazza is another name that was connected to EP in the past and has been thrown around as a guy who could potentially have been made at some point. Again, no idea if these old EP guys went somewhere else or just up and quit the game.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:08 pm I wonder if the guys Solly has in EP just report direct to him and there are other guys operating there? The guy hasn't heard of Dote or Gagliano so if they are active, maybe they run through someone else. Or it could just be a dead territory. If Dote still runs book, he could do it anywhere in the Chicago-area if EP was made off limits or deactivated years ago.
It’s a good question. The Lo Bues run a restaurant in Barrington Hills so they may just be plugged direct with Solly.

This is them: https://www.750cucinarustica.com/about-us/
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:20 pm Francis Mazza is another name that was connected to EP in the past and has been thrown around as a guy who could potentially have been made at some point. Again, no idea if these old EP guys went somewhere else or just up and quit the game.
Years ago when Fosco had that recently reposted convo with Mags he said something to the effect of “Johnny deactivated who and what he wanted to”. I don’t believe all of EP was permanently shut down.

Most of the guys are inveterate career criminals and hustlers. Doubt they just quit the game. Could be something of the EP crew persisted in some form, could be they linked up with other crews.
Last edited by PolackTony on Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:21 pm
Snakes wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:08 pm I wonder if the guys Solly has in EP just report direct to him and there are other guys operating there? The guy hasn't heard of Dote or Gagliano so if they are active, maybe they run through someone else. Or it could just be a dead territory. If Dote still runs book, he could do it anywhere in the Chicago-area if EP was made off limits or deactivated years ago.
It’s a good question. The Lo Bues run a restaurant in Barrington Hills so they may just be plugged direct with Solly.

This is them: https://www.750cucinarustica.com/about-us/
My guess is that DiFronzo didn't want any guys shitting where he ate, so that's what led to the shut downs/shelvings. Now that most of those guys are gone, Solly D may be moving some people back in.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:16 pm
Antiliar wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:13 pm I think Albie Vena also has guys operating in EP. The old EP crew under Cerone and DiFronzo is gone.
I’ve heard from someone who knows a few things that Rudy Fratto is currently a big shot on the street in EP and has a crew of younger guys who follow him. Wasn’t given much more detail than this but this individual IIRC believed that Fratto was capo.

Rudy Fratto a capo? That would really surprise me. Based on his last conviction he seems like he's down to small potatoes stuff.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Antiliar wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:24 pm
PolackTony wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:16 pm

Rudy Fratto a capo? That would really surprise me. Based on his last conviction he seems like he's down to small potatoes stuff.
Yeah, I hear you. This person said that he believed that Fratto either was at one point or is the capo, but that he is not well-liked or respected by the rest of the Outfit. He has his crew of flunkies in EP. That’s what I was told, FWIW. Who knows.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Here's something else on the Lobues: https://www.shawlocal.com/2016/09/08/it ... g/alwf0we/
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Snakes wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 4:08 pm I wonder if the guys Solly has in EP just report direct to him and there are other guys operating there? The guy hasn't heard of Dote or Gagliano so if they are active, maybe they run through someone else.
This would seem to be the most likely scenario. When I asked Binder about the EP stuff, his caveat was that if it ceased to exist as we knew it under the Cerone/Difronzo days, it does not mean people aren't operating out of there.

My guess is that Ant's source might be familiar with specifically Cicero guys...has not had exposure to guys outside of there.