Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

antimafia
Full Patched

Re: Buffalo/Ontario Mob Acitivity

Post by antimafia »

antimafia wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:02 pm[snip]

19 Gennaio 2022
Doppie affiliazioni, tregue e affari: chi ha rimpiazzato i “Sopranos” canadesi
Domenico Violi è il boss del clan Luppino-Violi, gli unici rimasti a Hamilton, quarta città più popolosa del Canada e “laboratorio” del crimine organizzato

https://irpimedia.irpi.eu/luppino-domen ... li-canada/
Dentro la “malavita” liquida canadese, tra faide sopite nel nome degli affari
https://it.blastingnews.com/cronaca/202 ... 28386.html
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

antimafia wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:16 pm
antimafia wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:02 pm[snip]

19 Gennaio 2022
Doppie affiliazioni, tregue e affari: chi ha rimpiazzato i “Sopranos” canadesi
Domenico Violi è il boss del clan Luppino-Violi, gli unici rimasti a Hamilton, quarta città più popolosa del Canada e “laboratorio” del crimine organizzato

https://irpimedia.irpi.eu/luppino-domen ... li-canada/
Dentro la “malavita” liquida canadese, tra faide sopite nel nome degli affari
https://it.blastingnews.com/cronaca/202 ... 28386.html
From that article specifically....

Project OTremens, by virtue of his double affiliation Dom Violi finally wanted to act as guarantor of the affiliation of his brother Giuseppe called "Joe" (who now serves 16 years for drug trafficking) directly with the Bonanno, as well as as the promoter of a meeting between uncles Rocco and Natale Luppino with the alleged boss of Buffalo, Joe Todaro.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
stubbs
Straightened out

Post by stubbs »

Wow, I think those two articles are the first time we've seen any journalists claim that Dom Violi has "double-affiliation"... i.e. that he's also made in the Ndrangheta, right? They're claiming he's both made in the Buffalo family, as well as the Siderno Group.

The Violis must be trying to be trying to work closer with New York. I can't think of any other reason why they'd want to be made in Buffalo if they're already part of the Ndrangheta.

Also, given the recent court testimony out of Montreal that Mariachi and another guy (forget his name) are Ndrangheta, it seems as if the Ndrangheta is even bigger in Ontario and Quebec than I previously thought.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

To me it seems like they're just calling him a Ndrangheta member simply due to his calabrian roots and that his grandfather, Giacomo Luppino was heavily involved while pushing Sergi's hybrid mafia theory.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Hamilton police seize $5.5 million in drugs, several guns after two-year probe into organized crime groups

https://www.thespec.com/news/crime/2022 ... yfall.html

Excerpt:

It remains unclear whether the groups belonged to a particular faction of the organized crime scene, such as the Mob or biker and street gangs. [Det. Eric] Hrab said the focus of the investigation centred on people with “the capacity to operate at a high level.”
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

^^^^
A Joseph Iavarone is among those charged.

Project Skyfall Sees 17 Arrests During Organized Crime Drug Investigation

https://hamiltonpolice.on.ca/news/proje ... stigation/
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

antimafia wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 6:49 pm ^^^^
A Joseph Iavarone is among those charged.

Project Skyfall Sees 17 Arrests During Organized Crime Drug Investigation

https://hamiltonpolice.on.ca/news/proje ... stigation/
antimafia wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:59 am Part 1:

High tech trackers, nefarious plans and the murders that started a Hamilton mob war
https://outline.com/a2d5RZ
Joseph Iavarone was one of the men receiving calls around and after the time of the Serrano & Musitano hits back in 2017 from Cudmore or Tomassetti.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Two different guys
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

OcSleeper wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:03 pm To me it seems like they're just calling him a Ndrangheta member simply due to his calabrian roots and that his grandfather, Giacomo Luppino was heavily involved while pushing Sergi's hybrid mafia theory.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the article says, that the informant WAS TOLD BY SCARFO, that hes an ndrangheta member. So it apparently came from Scarfo, not something the journalist made up. The question is was he boasting? If not... what does that mean, exactly?

To me, he could be a member of a minor society of an ndrine, a lower level guy. Maybe that's why hes availible for contracts? His isnt one of the dominant surnames, so to me, the highest he COULD be is a sggarrista? Is that it? The highest of the Minor Society, like a street crew chief? I, and I'm open to being wrong, but I dont think he could be TRULY made without belonging to a ruling or ranking family clan, either by blood or marriage.

And yet, lol... if you read Machin's articles on Ndrangheta, you would see Verducci had guys in his crew/ndrine that were not even Italians, and that this was at least within THAT crew, accepted.

The bigger question, is IF hes ndrangheta, under which locale? Siderno? Antimafia thinks no. The Collucio/ Verducci/ Bruzzese locale, I'm not sure of their current strength. Besides, they were pretty close to the Sicilians, I doubt it being them. The Ursinos got wrapped up, but were pushing for a lot of power, at the SAME TIME the Bonavonta clan was, and they are allies in Canada.
That's why I posted all that on the Bonavonta, they were a powerful clan, BEFORE receiving formal recognition in Calabria. We've heard rumors of upstart clans moving into Hamilton, around the same time these clans, Ursino and Bonavonta were reaching into Ontario. I dunno... its interesting...

Also, this drug arrest, the latest Renaud article on Montreal, they ARE working together more across organizational lines....

What exactly is it you think this journalist is"pushing"? And for who? The way you phrased it, the author is working with Sergi for some larger agenda. But to what end?
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

CabriniGreen wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:19 am
OcSleeper wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:03 pm To me it seems like they're just calling him a Ndrangheta member simply due to his calabrian roots and that his grandfather, Giacomo Luppino was heavily involved while pushing Sergi's hybrid mafia theory.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the article says, that the informant WAS TOLD BY SCARFO, that hes an ndrangheta member. So it apparently came from Scarfo, not something the journalist made up. The question is was he boasting? If not... what does that mean, exactly?

To me, he could be a member of a minor society of an ndrine, a lower level guy. Maybe that's why hes availible for contracts? His isnt one of the dominant surnames, so to me, the highest he COULD be is a sggarrista? Is that it? The highest of the Minor Society, like a street crew chief? I, and I'm open to being wrong, but I dont think he could be TRULY made without belonging to a ruling or ranking family clan, either by blood or marriage.

And yet, lol... if you read Machin's articles on Ndrangheta, you would see Verducci had guys in his crew/ndrine that were not even Italians, and that this was at least within THAT crew, accepted.

The bigger question, is IF hes ndrangheta, under which locale? Siderno? Antimafia thinks no. The Collucio/ Verducci/ Bruzzese locale, I'm not sure of their current strength. Besides, they were pretty close to the Sicilians, I doubt it being them. The Ursinos got wrapped up, but were pushing for a lot of power, at the SAME TIME the Bonavonta clan was, and they are allies in Canada.
That's why I posted all that on the Bonavonta, they were a powerful clan, BEFORE receiving formal recognition in Calabria. We've heard rumors of upstart clans moving into Hamilton, around the same time these clans, Ursino and Bonavonta were reaching into Ontario. I dunno... its interesting...

Also, this drug arrest, the latest Renaud article on Montreal, they ARE working together more across organizational lines....

What exactly is it you think this journalist is"pushing"? And for who? The way you phrased it, the author is working with Sergi for some larger agenda. But to what end?

OcSleeper made the possbile connection but could Dominico Scarfo be related to Giuseppe "Joe" Coluccio who lived in Canada under under the alias of Giuseppe "Joe" Scarfo with Scarfo is his mother's maiden name?

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2008/0 ... orted.html
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

First of all you're talking about the wrong thing here. The article in question and my comment was about Dom Violi not Dominico Scarfo.

And to clarify what I meant was I've seen Dom Violi labelled a Ndrangheta member many times but based on what? Has there been any actually proof like something from LE or recordings? Whenever I see it mentioned it's "he's calabrain, his grandfather is Giacomo Luppino, and sometimes a reference to Sergi's hybrid theory that to my knowledge is just that, a theory. All I'm saying is the article and Sergi are just labelling him under the Ndrangheta because he's Calabrian, unless they know something about him that we don't but aren't sharing it.
nizarsoccer wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:59 am OcSleeper made the possbile connection but could Dominico Scarfo be related to Giuseppe "Joe" Coluccio who lived in Canada under under the alias of Giuseppe "Joe" Scarfo with Scarfo is his mother's maiden name?
I doubt theres any actual relation, I was just making the connection of the Scarfo name being used by Coluccio, a well known Ndrangheta member in the GTA.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Newyorkempire wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:10 pm Two different guys
Oh is it, how do you know?
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

Unsolved: 13 Hamilton crimes with rewards for information

https://www.pressreader.com/canada/the- ... 7869749372
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Nicole O'Reilly confirms that the Joseph Iavarone arrested in Project Skyfall is Antonio Iavarone's son and is the same Joseph Iavarone mentioned in the other article who received phone calls from Tomassetti around the time of the Serrano & Musitano hits.

https://www.thespec.com/news/crime/2022 ... m_content=
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

OcSleeper wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:31 am

First of all you're talking about the wrong thing here. The article in question and my comment was about Dom Violi not Dominico Scarfo.

And to clarify what I meant was I've seen Dom Violi labelled a Ndrangheta member many times but based on what? Has there been any actually proof like something from LE or recordings? Whenever I see it mentioned it's "he's calabrain, his grandfather is Giacomo Luppino, and sometimes a reference to Sergi's hybrid theory that to my knowledge is just that, a theory. All I'm saying is the article and Sergi are just labelling him under the Ndrangheta because he's Calabrian, unless they know something about him that we don't but aren't sharing it.
nizarsoccer wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 7:59 am OcSleeper made the possbile connection but could Dominico Scarfo be related to Giuseppe "Joe" Coluccio who lived in Canada under under the alias of Giuseppe "Joe" Scarfo with Scarfo is his mother's maiden name?
I doubt theres any actual relation, I was just making the connection of the Scarfo name being used by Coluccio, a well known Ndrangheta member in the GTA.
Shit my bad man...Apologies.. I had Scarfo on the brain. Plus I've been trying to run through all the possibilities of who these guys might be connected to..