General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:29 am
PolackTony wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 10:36 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:40 pm Does anyone know when Roland Ignoffo died? A Roland Ignoffo died in 2006 at the age of 90. I believe that was his dad and it said in the obit that he was the father of the late Roland Jr
If you mean Ronald Ignoffo, who was born ~1950 and was busted with Joey DiVarco in the '80s, Roland Ignoffo Sr who died in 2006 was not his father.

Now, years back some comments on ANP claimed that there was a Roland Ignoffo who was connected, who was not Ronnie Ignoffo. The guy who died in 2006 may have been the same person, as from what I can tell, his son Roland Ignoffo Jr died in 1948.

From the info I have, Roland Salvatore "Goldie" Ignoffo was born in Chicago in 1915 to Salvatore Ignoffo and Caterina "Catherine/Mary" Greco, both of Sambuca Zabut, Agrigento (hometown of Michele Merlo). Roland later married Christine Nappi, sister of Romero Nappi and Gloria Fosco Nappi. Thus, Roland Ignoffo was the brother-in-law also of Mondo Fosco and the uncle by marriage of Joe Fosco.

Anyone know if Roland "Goldie" Ignoffo Sr was a connected guy? If so, could be a big deal given that his family was from Sambuca. Could've been a way that the Abruzzese Nappi/Iorii family may have married into a family with a pre-existing mafia heritage.
Ok thanks Tony. I was getting them mixed up. Is Ronald Ignoffo still alive? If so, what is his alleged position in the Outfit if any. The last chart I saw him on was the CCC one from 1997 and he was listed as an associate of the North Side crew. Also, do you know if he is related to the Ignoffos that own Iggy’s Mufflers shop on Harlem and Montrose is Norridge? Thanks
Ronald Ignoffo is 72 and still alive, as far as I know. He was an enforcer for Joe DiVarco and did a year or so in prison in the mid-eighties. He was also suspected - but never charged - for the 1981 murder of John DeJohn. I doubt he is made, but you never know.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Snakes wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:40 am
Patrickgold wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:40 pm Does anyone know when Roland Ignoffo died? A Roland Ignoffo died in 2006 at the age of 90. I believe that was his dad and it said in the obit that he was the father of the late Roland Jr
If you mean Ronald Ignoffo, who was born ~1950 and was busted with Joey DiVarco in the '80s, Roland Ignoffo Sr who died in 2006 was not his father.

Now, years back some comments on ANP claimed that there was a Roland Ignoffo who was connected, who was not Ronnie Ignoffo. The guy who died in 2006 may have been the same person, as from what I can tell, his son Roland Ignoffo Jr died in 1948.

From the info I have, Roland Salvatore "Goldie" Ignoffo was born in Chicago in 1915 to Salvatore Ignoffo and Caterina "Catherine/Mary" Greco, both of Sambuca Zabut, Agrigento (hometown of Michele Merlo). Roland later married Christine Nappi, sister of Romero Nappi and Gloria Fosco Nappi. Thus, Roland Ignoffo was the brother-in-law also of Mondo Fosco and the uncle by marriage of Joe Fosco.

Anyone know if Roland "Goldie" Ignoffo Sr was a connected guy? If so, could be a big deal given that his family was from Sambuca. Could've been a way that the Abruzzese Nappi/Iorii family may have married into a family with a pre-existing mafia heritage.
Ok thanks Tony. I was getting them mixed up. Is Ronald Ignoffo still alive? If so, what is his alleged position in the Outfit if any. The last chart I saw him on was the CCC one from 1997 and he was listed as an associate of the North Side crew. Also, do you know if he is related to the Ignoffos that own Iggy’s Mufflers shop on Harlem and Montrose is Norridge? Thanks
Ronald Ignoffo is 72 and still alive, as far as I know. He was an enforcer for Joe DiVarco and did a year or so in prison in the mid-eighties. He was also suspected - but never charged - for the 1981 murder of John DeJohn. I doubt he is made, but you never know.
The Muffler place was Sonny Ignoffo - his wife was the sister of Dom Senese, but he was not an Outfit guy. I don't believe he is related to Ronnie Ignoffo. Ronnie was on the Streets and San crew with a good friend of mine. He Ronnie's father was very close to Jasper Campise and a regular at his antiques store. Ronnie used to be a big steroid guy and a bouncer at Blondie's Lounge on Diversey. My view was that he was just muscle, but I've always wondered who did the hits of Gattuso and Campise.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Yeah, I have Ronnie Ignoffo as born 1949 and apparently still alive. Hasn't appeared in the news so far as I know since his 1984-1985 case with DiVarco. Don't know if the CCC had any real basis to list him on their 1997 chart.

Maybe this has already been discussed in the past, but the drug dealer John DeJohn murdered in 1981 was Nick DeJohn's son. He was born 1929 in Chicago to Nick DeJohn and Lena Zingerelli.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:43 am

The Muffler place was Sonny Ignoffo - his wife was the sister of Dom Senese, but he was not an Outfit guy. I don't believe he is related to Ronnie Ignoffo. Ronnie was on the Streets and San crew with a good friend of mine. He Ronnie's father was very close to Jasper Campise and a regular at his antiques store. Ronnie used to be a big steroid guy and a bouncer at Blondie's Lounge on Diversey. My view was that he was just muscle, but I've always wondered who did the hits of Gattuso and Campise.
Sonny I believe was Salvatore Ignoffo, husband of Lorraine Senese and son of Giuseppe "Joseph" Ignoffo Sr and Rosaria "Sarah" Provenza (of Cefalu, Palermo province). He was thus the nephew of Roland "Goldie" Ignoffo who I noted above. So with this family, we have marriage links to the Nappi/Iorii/Foscos and Seneses. I believe that Joe Ignoffo Sr was the owner of Ignoffo trucking back in the '60s when the Trib had an article discussing funny business with streets and San-connected trucking companies. His son Joseph Ignoffo Sr was noted as a Streets and San employee at that time. In the 2000s we of course see a Joseph Ignoffo, owner of Ignoffo Trucking, indicted in the Hired Truck scandal. Now, this guy was born around 1962, so I think he was the son or nephew of Joseph Ignoffo Jr.

Given the Streets and San MO I'd strongly suspect that Ronnie Ignoffo is related to these Ignoffos. I note that in several records, Roland "Goldie" Ignoffo appears as "Ronald Ignoffo". I would bet that Ronnie is actually his son. Roland Ignoffo and Christine Nappi had a son named Roland Jr (who appears in one record as "Ronald Ignoffo" also) who was born in 1946 and died in 1948. Then, in 1949 Ronnie Ignoffo was born. I think that part of the confusion may be that Roland Sr may have also gone by "Ronald".

Does anyone know for sure who Ronnie's parents were?
Last edited by PolackTony on Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:14 pm

Yeah, I have Ronnie Ignoffo as born 1949 and apparently still alive. Hasn't appeared in the news so far as I know since his 1984-1985 case with DiVarco. Don't know if the CCC had any real basis to list him on their 1997 chart.

Maybe this has already been discussed in the past, but the drug dealer John DeJohn murdered in 1981 was Nick DeJohn's son. He was born 1929 in Chicago to Nick DeJohn and Lena Zingerelli.
Ronald Ignoffo is, I believe, Roland Sr's son and Ronald Jr's brother.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Snakes wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:32 pm

I think you're right. See the above post.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Was there a guy named Joe Zucchero indicted with DiVarco, Arrigo and Ignoffo and those guys who died in a car accident prior to trial? I was always curious if that was the father of the two guys who opened Mr. Beef in River North. I was told the father worked for DiVarco.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Snakes wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:32 pm

This is Roland Ignoffo’s obit. Looks like your right. Ronald was his son and Roland Jr’s brother

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/ch ... id=2462859

Roland Ignoffo, age 90, at peace with Christ Sunday, July 23, 2006. Beloved husband of the late Christine; loving father of Salvatore (Judy), Catherine (Jerry) Johnson, Susan Gurgle Ignoffo, Josephine (Ron) Rabitoy, Ronald (Karen), Phillip (Lisa) and the late Roland Jr.; fond grandfather of 20; great-grandfather of 43; great-great-grandfather of one; fond uncle and friend to many. Funeral Thursday, 10:30 a.m. at Cumberland Chapels, (Salvatore DeCola F.D.), 8300 W. Lawrence Ave., Norridge. Interment Mt. Carmel Cemetery. Visitation Wednesday, 3 to 9 p.m. 708-456-3410 or www.cumberlandchapels.com.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

That’s interesting. Both father and son were whacked. Did they ever find out who did in the father in San Francisco?
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Patrickgold wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:29 pm

That’s interesting. Both father and son were whacked. Did they ever find out who did in the father in San Francisco?
One of the better reads on DeJohn: https://www.sfexaminer.com/news/i-left- ... francisco/

I believe they had Popeye Arrigo on tape saying he borrowed a guy's car to do the DeJohn Jr. hit with Ron Ignoffo.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

New article on the current state of the Chicago Outfit. Not much new. They interviewed John Binder

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-outfit- ... /11508957/
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Nothing new, but do think Binder is an expert. Anyone take his tour? Would like to this year and pick his brain about current guys.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

funkster wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:32 am Nothing new, but do think Binder is an expert. Anyone take his tour? Would like to this year and pick his brain about current guys.
Haven’t taken his tour but have communicated with Binder. He told me that his takes on the recent/current Outfit are taken from contacts in LE, including his claim that they have been involved in drugs.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:34 am
funkster wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:32 am Nothing new, but do think Binder is an expert. Anyone take his tour? Would like to this year and pick his brain about current guys.
Haven’t taken his tour but have communicated with Binder. He told me that his takes on the recent/current Outfit are taken from contacts in LE, including his claim that they have been involved in drugs.
Very few experts on the current Outfit. If anyone was going to qualify for one, Binder would be a top candidate in my opinion.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

He's a good dude, he's extremely responsive and will gladly answer questions sent to him as I have done on occasion. Interesting tidbit on the drug stuff Tony. He doesn't seem overly interested in the crew designation debate fwiw, doesnt think much has changed in that regard from what I can tell.