St. Louis family info / Frank Bompensiero's St. Louis+Chicago visit

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: St. Louis family info / Frank Bompensiero's St. Louis+Chicago visit

Post by B. »

Villain wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 2:27 pm I have one Anthony Miceli being involved with the Chicago Heights crew during the 1930s who in turn was stationed in Calumet City and was also followed by one John Miceli who operated in Hammond, Indiana; and also Joe Miceli in Highland Ill, also followed by Pete and Sam Miceli. I believe Sam was later a legit member of the Chicago Heights crew
Let me know if you find out where they're from.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

cavita wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:32 pm I find the St. Louis connections very interesting with many members and tying in to the various Mafia families as well. Before Rockford LCN boss Tony Musso moved to Rockford he had gotten arrested in St. Louis on February 1, 1918 for carrying a concealed weapon. Then on July 31, 1919 Musso was arrested again on a charge of burglary and carrying a concealed weapon along with Joe Provenzano, 24, Jim Curezo, 26, Joe Busan, 23, and Joe "Banana Joe" Berti.
After establishing himself in Rockford as the clear LCN leader, Musso was sought for arrest in a large liquor conspiracy case. He was found and arrested in St. Louis on August 20, 1930. Arrested along with Musso were two men described as Cicero gangsters- Joe Cincumiano, alias George DeTrapiano, 40, and Vincent Infusino, who was a member of the "Green Ones: and who later became a capo in the San Francisco LCN.
I find this all interesting because Musso was born in Partinico and upon immigrating to the U.S. he first traveled to Detroit to a cousin, Vincenzo Finazzo. Finally, one of Musso's trusted lieutenants in Rockford was Tony LoMonaco who supposedly lived in St. Louis before coming to Rockford. This is not surprising because one of LoMonaco's sisters lived in St. Louis and married a Bommarito.
Doing a little more research into VIncenzo Finazzo, alleged "cousin" of Tony Musso, I couldn't find him anywhere in Detroit but there WERE plenty of Finazzos there, and some who were connected to the Detroit LCN. On a hunch I checked St. Louis and found that a VIncenzo "Jim" Finazzo died there in 1984 at the age of 102 and was born in 1881 in Cinisi, Sicily which was only about six miles from Partinico where Musso was born. Finazzo also married a Palazzolo also from CInisi. Now, Musso travelled back and forth from St. Louis, especially in the early days and was arrested there in August 1930 in the company of Vincent Infusino. I know next to nothing about St. Louis and the LCN there- does anyone know of this Finazzo or if he was involved?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Cavita -- Joe Zerilli's wife was a Finazzo. Don't know what her hometown was as the same surnames show up in Cinisi/Terrasini/Partinico.

Don't know of any Finazzos in St. Louis but that Family was so old and in such a central location a lot of people passed through. Basically a sister Family of Detroit. Most of the members were elderly and retired by the 1960s.

Frank Coppola from Partinico was w/ St. Louis for a time so that town shows up there.
Eline2015
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Eline2015 »

The Finazzo’s of Detroit were from Terrasini and come to America in 1910, according to testimony of Sam Finazzo in 1958
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

cavita wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:32 pm Arrested along with Musso were two men described as Cicero gangsters- Joe Cincumiano, alias George DeTrapiano, 40, and Vincent Infusino, who was a member of the "Green Ones: and who later became a capo in the San Francisco LCN.
As in Cicero, IL?
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:31 am
cavita wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:32 pm Arrested along with Musso were two men described as Cicero gangsters- Joe Cincumiano, alias George DeTrapiano, 40, and Vincent Infusino, who was a member of the "Green Ones: and who later became a capo in the San Francisco LCN.
As in Cicero, IL?
Yes, that's what the newspaper articles said.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

cavita wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:40 am
As in Cicero, IL?
The surname should be Cinquemani. There was a Giuseppe Cinquemani from Partinico in Chicago, born 1898. Partinico would make plenty of sense given the St Louis connection. If this was the St Louis papers, maybe “Cicero” was inexact, but rather just a shorthand for “Chicago Gangland”?

I’m not aware that Infusino ever lived in Chicago. Anyone know offhand where he was from? Also, if he had any connection to the Kenosha gangster Frank Infusino who was said to have been a Milwaukee member?
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:54 pm
As in Cicero, IL?
The surname should be Cinquemani. There was a Giuseppe Cinquemani from Partinico in Chicago, born 1898. Partinico would make plenty of sense given the St Louis connection. If this was the St Louis papers, maybe “Cicero” was inexact, but rather just a shorthand for “Chicago Gangland”?

I’m not aware that Infusino ever lived in Chicago. Anyone know offhand where he was from? Also, if he had any connection to the Kenosha gangster Frank Infusino who was said to have been a Milwaukee member?
If I'm correct, Vincent Infusino was from Licata, Sicily born 1892. Frank "Fuzzy" Infusino was born in 1908 and although I don't know where, he was active in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Nice find on Cinquemani- undoubtedly him as both he and Musso were from Partinico and roughly the same age. DO you know whatever became of him?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

cavita wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:23 pm
As in Cicero, IL?

If I'm correct, Vincent Infusino was from Licata, Sicily born 1892. Frank "Fuzzy" Infusino was born in 1908 and although I don't know where, he was active in Kenosha, Wisconsin. Nice find on Cinquemani- undoubtedly him as both he and Musso were from Partinico and roughly the same age. DO you know whatever became of him?
Well, I have very little to go off of. He may have been the same Joseph Cinquemani who married Catherine Squillace in Chicago in 1913. For WW2, Giuseppe Cinquemani was living with his wife in Chicago’s Little Sicily. Then in 1924, Catherine Squillace died in Detroit. Her death certificate stated that she was born in Chicago to parents from Termini, while her husband was Giuseppe Cinquemani. Given that they were in Detroit, it’s probably the same Cinquemani from Partinico. After this, I don’t know what became of him. Maybe he was living under the “George DeTrapiano” alias or something similar. I didn’t really see anything using variants of that name that I thought were good matches though.

Given possible connections to Musso, Detroit, and STL, Partinico makes a lot of sense.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Goes back to the beginning of the thread, but when Bompensiero and Giordano went to Chicago to see Alderisio their liaison was a Chicago member named "Joe" (likely Aiuppa) who met them in Cicero. Sometimes those liaison relationships are part of a longterm pattern.

Infusino was in Kansas City before St. Louis. I'd guess he had ties to Cleveland as well based on his hometown.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

cavita wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:23 pm
As in Cicero, IL?

If I'm correct, Vincent Infusino was from Licata, Sicily born 1892. Frank "Fuzzy" Infusino was born in 1908 and although I don't know where, he was active in Kenosha, Wisconsin.
To confirm, Vincenzo Infusino was indeed from Licata; when he entered the US at NYC in 1912 he was bound for KC (in line with what B wrote).

I have Frank Infusino born 1908 in Racine to parents from Cosenza province (makes sense as the bulk of Italians around Kenosha were Calabresi). Any confirmation that this guy was actually a Milwaukee member?
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

B. wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:27 pm Goes back to the beginning of the thread, but when Bompensiero and Giordano went to Chicago to see Alderisio their liaison was a Chicago member named "Joe" (likely Aiuppa) who met them in Cicero. Sometimes those liaison relationships are part of a longterm pattern.
I agree that the best match for this "Joe" was Aiuppa; the only thing that doesn't fit is the description of this person as thin. Aiuppa was the Chicago liaison for KC, from what I understand, so him being the point of contact for STL makes sense. Plus, Aiuppa came up working for Claude Maddox/Johnny Moore before he was made. Maddox was from St Louis, and thus I believe Aiuppa had close ties to Buster Wortman for this reason.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Don't know much about Aiuppa's history but the photo of him in the FBN book makes him look pretty thin at that time, probably a 1950s photo. Wondering if he bounced up and down w/ all the health issues. Informants also get that stuff wrong... what's funny is Bomp guessed the guy was 61-years-old, Aiuppa's exact age.

Never seen Bomp mention knowing Aiuppa in other info he had on Chicago so might play into it being him too.

The Chicago Crime Commission described Wortmann as a "close friend" of Aiuppa at the time of his death, so would make sense why Giordano used Art Berne (Wortman's guy) to contact "Joe" and drive them to meet him in Cicero.

--

Back to Vincenzo Finazzo, Giordano told Bomp he had 22 members and they were almost all "too old", averaging 62 or 63 with the youngest in his 40s. Finazzo could well have been an unknown old timer at the high end.
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Was Bompensiero's associate Fratianno connected to Aiuppa, Accardo and the other families around the country? In his book he claimed to be acting boss of the Los Angeles family.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Fratianno was the acting underboss but was accused of lying to other Families about being acting boss. I don't think he said he had ties to Aiuppa or Accardo, mainly just Roselli, LaPorte, and a few others.