William “Blackjack” DelSanto dead at 78

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pmac2
Full Patched

Re: William “Blackjack” DelSanto dead at 78

Post by Pmac2 »

vito deluca was deported like 15 years ago after a gun charge.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

cranston nice town i work there some times. bascially on a hill looks down on providence. kinda rich. im guessing between lato and matty g if they wanted they could have inducted a handfull of guys from all there prison time. i think baby shacks was ok with a handfull of made guys in rhode island but if they want im sure the boston guys would let them make a dozen or so. all just assumpton
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:50 pm
Ivan wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 4:47 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:50 am For Providence, that leaves...

Vito DeLuca/78
Matthew Guglielmetti Jr./74
Edward Lato/75
Luigi Manocchio/94
Raymond Patriarca Jr./77
Joseph Ruggiero/73
Anyone got a list of Boston members still around?

The family looks like it's now at about the same level Buffalo was at in the 2000s, after the LIUNA purge.
William Angelesco/51
Darin Bufalino/61
Robert Carrozza/81
Biagio DiGiacomo/74
Anthony DiNunzio/63
Carmen DiNunzio/64
Louis DiNunzio/35
Vincent Federico/61
Vincent Ferrara/73
Richard Gambale/78
Vincent Gioacchini/70
Dennis LePore/75
James Martorano/81
Michael Prochilo/52
Pryce Quintina/82
Frederick Simone/72
Anthony Spagnolo/80
Carmen Tortora/75

Not sure about these guys...

Salvatore Marino
Joseph Pingaro/64
Stephen Rossetti/62
John Salemme/77
John Scarpelli

John Salemme is a confirmed member. I could have sworn that Stephen Rosesetti and Pingaro were as well but looking over my notes I am not so sure now. There is also Lee Rizzo who is confirmed but I'm wondering if Lee Rizzo is a reference to member Anthony Rizzo who died in 2004. Gregory Costa and Pasquale Barone were identified as member by informant Mark Silverman but he is not a credible source since he claimed that he himselff was inducted by Frsnk Salemme.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

We can also add Connecticut based member Salvstore D'Aquila/81 to the list of remaining members.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

Marino and Scarpelli were alleged to be made along with Louis Dinunzio, that's the last reported ceremony that I have heard of. A lot of the older Boston guys are most likely inactive. I read somewhere (probably here) that Bufalino is now steering clear after getting out of jail the last time.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:53 pm We can also add Connecticut based member Salvstore D'Aquila/81 to the list of remaining members.

Pogo
Any idea when he was made? He seems to have been ID as an associate throughout the 1990s.
All roads lead to New York.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Don't know. I have him being indicted as a member in the big March 1990 indictment but I could be wrong on that. Can anyone find that indictment to confirm?

Pogo
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:44 pm Don't know. I have him being indicted as a member in the big March 1990 indictment but I could be wrong on that. Can anyone find that indictment to confirm?

Pogo
There is a redacted name on the 1993 member list around where D'Aquila's name would be that was scheduled for release 4/97. D'Aquila was released in December 1996, but he probably got a bit shaved off his sentence for good behavior or whatever. Just a thought, it may not be him.
Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Post by Nurzhamba »

Do you know anything about these guys and their financial situation? I know that in the late 2000s, when the feds covered up family members and accomplices, it was said that they (said about Manocchio, Scivola etc) were trying to make money from extortion from strip bars and received meager amounts in combination with rackets of vending machines and video poker machines (this was said about Spagnolo and Prуce Quintinа).
Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Post by Nurzhamba »

I know that Mark Rosetti was one of those guys who had money and had a solid arsenal of firearms.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Nurzhamba wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:14 am Do you know anything about these guys and their financial situation? I know that in the late 2000s, when the feds covered up family members and accomplices, it was said that they (said about Manocchio, Scivola etc) were trying to make money from extortion from strip bars and received meager amounts in combination with rackets of vending machines and video poker machines (this was said about Spagnolo and Prуce Quintinа).

In January 2011, Manocchio, Lato, and Scivola were charged with extorting several adult businesses and the monthly take from them all, according to the indictment, ranged from $4,000 to $6,000. Or $48,000 to $72,000 a year.

The following May, Lato, Marrapese and Scivola were charged with running a bookmaking operation, trafficking in prescription drugs, etc. but I don't recall seeing any figures on that.

In 2014, Spagnolo and Quintina were charged with extorting approximately $50,000 from a video poker company over a 7 year period, which amounts to a little over $7,000 a year.

Not exactly big money, in and of themselves, especially if it's split up several different ways. If it's supplemental to other things, that's different.

Either way, while there was quite a bit of activity through the 2000's, very little to nothing since the cases above, which - along with simple attrition - seem to have pretty much finished off the Providence faction.
Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Post by Nurzhamba »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:03 am
Nurzhamba wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:14 am Do you know anything about these guys and their financial situation? I know that in the late 2000s, when the feds covered up family members and accomplices, it was said that they (said about Manocchio, Scivola etc) were trying to make money from extortion from strip bars and received meager amounts in combination with rackets of vending machines and video poker machines (this was said about Spagnolo and Prуce Quintinа).

In January 2011, Manocchio, Lato, and Scivola were charged with extorting several adult businesses and the monthly take from them all, according to the indictment, ranged from $4,000 to $6,000. Or $48,000 to $72,000 a year.

The following May, Lato, Marrapese and Scivola were charged with running a bookmaking operation, trafficking in prescription drugs, etc. but I don't recall seeing any figures on that.

In 2014, Spagnolo and Quintina were charged with extorting approximately $50,000 from a video poker company over a 7 year period, which amounts to a little over $7,000 a year.

Not exactly big money, in and of themselves, especially if it's split up several different ways. If it's supplemental to other things, that's different.

Either way, while there was quite a bit of activity through the 2000's, very little to nothing since the cases above, which - along with simple attrition - seem to have pretty much finished off the Providence faction.
Thank you for the detailed answer. Is it possible to say that the Patriarca family is finished or say that they have already lost influence in this region?
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Bufalino had that legal defense fund party. Some older guys didn't like it. But I mean it's not the first time we heard of it. And if a guy is loyal to his organization he is a part of why talk down to him? And then what? He gets a come up and you want him to pay tribute? If I was Bufalino I would of stayed out too
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Nurzhamba wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:21 am
Thank you for the detailed answer. Is it possible to say that the Patriarca family is finished or say that they have already lost influence in this region?
Like the other handful of remaining families outside New York, I think they're not far off. The Providence side of things certainly seems to be. There's roughly 20 or so members in Boston but things appear to have slowed down there as well. The last significant case there was in 2014 (and a follow up case in 2015) when Louis DiNunzio was among several people charged with running a fairly good sized sports betting operation (30 agents that serviced 700 bettors).

One thing that was confusing was, authorities said the operation took in $6 million in bets between May 2014 and May 2015. If you figure the profit for that was the typical 5%, that would be $600,000 over the year. But it was alleged the ring took in profits of $3 million a year. Never heard of a sports betting operation with a 50% profit margin. They were also moving a fair amount of marijuana but I don't think that was figured into the numbers above.

I should add that there was one more case out of Providence in 2016 when 20 people, including associate Timothy Moretti, were charged with bookmaking, as well as distributing marijuana, cocaine, and prescription drugs.

That seems to be the MO of the New England mob (also the Philly mob) for years now. A street operation involving mainly gambling with supplemental income from drugs.
scott22
Straightened out

Post by scott22 »

I broke this story. Tim got it from me. Just to be clear on my sources in NE.
I'll take what i'm hearing from my sources (feds, state police, mob guys) in terms of Parillo at the same level of credence. These are the people who tipped me to Blackjacks death prior to the local news in Prov. reporting it. The way the feds put out info like that is a VERY nuanced process. Its not black and white or cut & dry.

Scott