Merlino meeting with Lucchese administration

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Ravens410
Straightened out

Re: Merlino meeting with Lucchese administration

Post by Ravens410 »

Joey has spent his whole life around gangsters. Joey meeting with fellow connected guys is all he knows( besides riding horses). Doesn’t mean he’s doing anything criminal.
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:09 pm It is unlikely DeSantis/Dellorusso were meeting/recognizing Merlino without Vics approval.
You figured all this out from London? God save the Queen!

Vic is hundreds of miles away, over 80 years old, all his calls taped and his letters read. He’s doesn’t give a shit about Merlino.

#fakenews
#Let’s Go Brandon!
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:51 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:09 pm It is unlikely DeSantis/Dellorusso were meeting/recognizing Merlino without Vics approval.
Pure speculation on my part but, now that Nicky Sr. is dead and Jr. doing 30 years, I wouldn't be surprised if recognizing Merlino isn't an issue anymore.
Exactly. I agree 100%.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Rocco wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 2:14 pm
Frank wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:26 pm
Little_Al1991 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:54 pm Vic put out word that he doesn’t want anyone in his family to recognise Joey as the boss, so it’s strange to see DeSantis and Dellorusso recognise Joey because they are Amuso loyalists.Though it is not surprising because I would assume that this relationship will be financially beneficial for both sides.Vic doesn’t recognise Joey because Vic was close with Nicky Scarfo in USP Atlanta during the late 90s.At this point Joey Merlino is firmly recognised as boss by all families.I wonder what Vic Amuso’s reaction to this will be
Maybe with Scarfo dead he now recognizes Merlino
Maybe he only holds so much sway in prison for life and in his 80s and DeSantis and Dellorusso make those decision and run the show on the streets.
Vic Amuso is the only reason as to why DeSantis is the Acting Boss.Amuso approved DeSantis becoming the Acting Boss.Maybe Vic’s stance on the Joey Merlino situation has changed but if DeSantis was really running the show on the streets, he would have took Frank Lastorino of the shelf but DeSantis knows that he cannot do that because Amuso put him on the shelf.Mikey DeSantis is close to Lastorino and John Pennisi said that he believes that if Vic Amuso passes away then the Lucchese’s will pull Frank Lastorino of the shelf and place him into the administration.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:52 am
Little_Al1991 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:54 pm Vic put out word that he doesn’t want anyone in his family to recognise Joey as the boss, so it’s strange to see DeSantis and Dellorusso recognise Joey because they are Amuso loyalists.Though it is not surprising because I would assume that this relationship will be financially beneficial for both sides.Vic doesn’t recognise Joey because Vic was close with Nicky Scarfo in USP Atlanta during the late 90s.At this point Joey Merlino is firmly recognised as boss by all families.I wonder what Vic Amuso’s reaction to this will be
Maybe he only holds so much sway in prison for life and in his 80s and DeSantis and Dellorusso make those decision and run the show on the streets.
Vic Amuso is the only reason as to why DeSantis is the Acting Boss.Amuso approved DeSantis becoming the Acting Boss.Maybe Vic’s stance on the Joey Merlino situation has changed but if DeSantis was really running the show on the streets, he would have took Frank Lastorino of the shelf but DeSantis knows that he cannot do that because Amuso put him on the shelf.Mikey DeSantis is close to Lastorino and John Pennisi said that he believes that if Vic Amuso passes away then the Lucchese’s will pull Frank Lastorino of the shelf and place him into the administration.
I believe its all out of respect for Amuso. Lets be real. If DeSantis wanted to grab the family without Vics approval he could. But its about respect for him and LCN. I think Amuso is made aware of things DeSantis and Dellorusso want him to know and Amuso is not made aware of things they don't want him to know if you get my drift. And Merlino is one of them. Amuso also doesn't trust the NJ faction never has because they were always closer to the Bronx faction(Amuso's rivals). The fact that Merlino is close to Joe Perna is another reason Amuso doesn't like or trust Merlino. Its not just the Scarfo thing. Amuso made Scarfo a capo in NJ not just because of Nicky sr but because he has a bias against the Taccettas and Pernas because they defied him in the early 90s which is unheard of. When Nicky Jr made the papers about taking over philly and the fact that Perna's were pulling in way more money then Nicky Jr kinda put Amuso in a position where he couldn't deny Madonna's move to make Ralph Capo at that time. I also think that's why Zappola is Capo of NJ. Give Brooklyn more of an inside look into whats going in NJ. Its more then just the infighting between the pernas and taccettas etc Gotta remember Brooklyn crew members were actively hunting to kill in the entire nj faction in the early 90s for breaking off rather then pay 50%.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

Rocco wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:26 am
Little_Al1991 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:52 am
I believe its all out of respect for Amuso. Lets be real. If DeSantis wanted to grab the family without Vics approval he could. But its about respect for him and LCN. I think Amuso is made aware of things DeSantis and Dellorusso want him to know and Amuso is not made aware of things they don't want him to know if you get my drift. And Merlino is one of them. Amuso also doesn't trust the NJ faction never has because they were always closer to the Bronx faction(Amuso's rivals). The fact that Merlino is close to Joe Perna is another reason Amuso doesn't like or trust Merlino. Its not just the Scarfo thing. Amuso made Scarfo a capo in NJ not just because of Nicky sr but because he has a bias against the Taccettas and Pernas because they defied him in the early 90s which is unheard of. When Nicky Jr made the papers about taking over philly and the fact that Perna's were pulling in way more money then Nicky Jr kinda put Amuso in a position where he couldn't deny Madonna's move to make Ralph Capo at that time. I also think that's why Zappola is Capo of NJ. Give Brooklyn more of an inside look into whats going in NJ. Its more then just the infighting between the pernas and taccettas etc Gotta remember Brooklyn crew members were actively hunting to kill in the entire nj faction in the early 90s for breaking off rather then pay 50%.
Amuso still carries a lot of respect.Amuso inducted DeSantis into the Lucchese Family, personally by administering the oath.Vic still has total control over the family.If he wanted to, he could demote DeSantis.He could have also said no to the move that DeSantis was making in 2017 but of course he didn’t because I’m pretty much sure that Amuso wants guys who are loyal to him in the Acting Boss position.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Ravens410 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:27 pm Joey has spent his whole life around gangsters. Joey meeting with fellow connected guys is all he knows( besides riding horses). Doesn’t mean he’s doing anything criminal.
All Joey has ever done is be a criminal. All Joey has ever hung around, are criminlas.
But just hanging around criminals all the time doesnt make him a criminal? No it doesnt. But what do you think?
Ryan98366 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:47 am

Vic is hundreds of miles away, over 80 years old, all his calls taped and his letters read. He’s doesn’t give a shit about Merlino.

#fakenews
Why does everybody think Im from London? Honestly. Ruffles the feathers.
Lets play a game. Im not English and live in North America..... but, Im not North American.
Thats all you get ;)

And thanks for telling us that Vic doesnt give a F about Merlino. Good call. Becuase he clearly doesnt care about LCN business anymore, you know, ordering the takedown of Madonna/Crea and installing DeSantis.

Talk less and listen more. It'll help your image.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Ryan98366 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:48 am
Wiseguy wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:51 pm
Pure speculation on my part but, now that Nicky Sr. is dead and Jr. doing 30 years, I wouldn't be surprised if recognizing Merlino isn't an issue anymore.
Exactly. I agree 100%.
Do you think Wiseguy cares you agree?

Please refer last post.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:10 am
Ravens410 wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:27 pm Joey has spent his whole life around gangsters. Joey meeting with fellow connected guys is all he knows( besides riding horses). Doesn’t mean he’s doing anything criminal.
All Joey has ever done is be a criminal. All Joey has ever hung around, are criminlas.
But just hanging around criminals all the time doesnt make him a criminal? No it doesnt. But what do you think?
Ryan98366 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 12:47 am

#fakenews
Why does everybody think Im from London? Honestly. Ruffles the feathers.
Lets play a game. Im not English and live in North America..... but, Im not North American.
Thats all you get ;)

And thanks for telling us that Vic doesnt give a F about Merlino. Good call. Becuase he clearly doesnt care about LCN business anymore, you know, ordering the takedown of Madonna/Crea and installing DeSantis.

Talk less and listen more. It'll help your image.
Vic does care about LCN business as he is the official boss.He didn’t take down Crea though he did take down Madonna for DeSantis.That move makes sense but Crea was going to continue as Underboss regardless of who’s the Acting Boss.If I remember correctly, DeSantis even told Crea that Crea would be the new boss if he beat his case in 2017
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

He really was supposed to win that case too….

To many weird stories and happenings around said case
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Imagine Scarfo Jr. in the can at this stage if this happens - not sure he has a lifeline left - Merlino turns his life upside down again. Scarfo Jr. could write a good book or do a Youtube :lol: .
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

SolarSolano wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:39 pm Imagine Scarfo Jr. in the can at this stage if this happens - not sure he has a lifeline left - Merlino turns his life upside down again. Scarfo Jr. could write a good book or do a Youtube :lol: .
Scarfo Jr was dead broke before he went away after the feds took everything. I believe his wife had to move in with her parents when the feds took the house. If he survives the sentence he will be an old man and dead broke when he gets out. His life is pretty much over at this point. I don't think Merlino or anyone else even thinks about him anymore. Hes pretty much an non issue at this point.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

People in AC don’t even think/talk about Nicky Jr anymore, it also probably doesn’t help that a guy who came up through Nicky Jr’s crew (AP) recently flipped and got 15 Philly guys in the Mazzone wing of the family indicted plus the mortgage scam guys and that alcoholic Sharkey all jammed up from his ratting, wearing a wire, and introducing an undercover FBI agent into the fold…

Nicky Jr’s son he named after himself and his Father has to be in his early 20s by now , you don’t even hear about him at all either in the AC Area in any type of scene (party scene, drug scene, AC local scene, wanna be wise guy scene, beach scene, club heads, etc)

It’s really like Nicky Jr and his kids, ex wives and mother Mimi all dropped off the face of this planet….It’s actually kinda weird

Rocco- I don’t think he’s broke , I’m pretty sure that was all an act when the FirstPlus indictment went down. Nicky Jr was an earner and I’m sure his Father also left him a really nice package as well, now the big question would be is Sammy Piccolo (Dom G’s Uncle) still talking to Nicky Jr. That will tell u all u need to know as Sal Piccolo was an AC guy originally in Nicky Jr’s crew.

Enough of my rambling thoughts

-Dante
Stopflexing
Straightened out

Post by Stopflexing »

NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:12 pm People in AC don’t even think/talk about Nicky Jr anymore, it also probably doesn’t help that a guy who came up through Nicky Jr’s crew (AP) recently flipped and got 15 Philly guys in the Mazzone wing of the family indicted plus the mortgage scam guys and that alcoholic Sharkey all jammed up from his ratting, wearing a wire, and introducing an undercover FBI agent into the fold…

Nicky Jr’s son he named after himself and his Father has to be in his early 20s by now , you don’t even hear about him at all either in the AC Area in any type of scene (party scene, drug scene, AC local scene, wanna be wise guy scene, beach scene, club heads, etc)

It’s really like Nicky Jr and his kids, ex wives and mother Mimi all dropped off the face of this planet….It’s actually kinda weird

Rocco- I don’t think he’s broke , I’m pretty sure that was all an act when the FirstPlus indictment went down. Nicky Jr was an earner and I’m sure his Father also left him a really nice package as well, now the big question would be is Sammy Piccolo (Dom G’s Uncle) still talking to Nicky Jr. That will tell u all u need to know as Sal Piccolo was an AC guy originally in Nicky Jr’s crew.

-Dante
Yeah the Scarfo name holds absolutely zero weight anymore.

What did Sharkey get jammed up for again? I been out of the loop for a few years now
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:12 pm People in AC don’t even think/talk about Nicky Jr anymore, it also probably doesn’t help that a guy who came up through Nicky Jr’s crew (AP) recently flipped and got 15 Philly guys in the Mazzone wing of the family indicted plus the mortgage scam guys and that alcoholic Sharkey all jammed up from his ratting, wearing a wire, and introducing an undercover FBI agent into the fold…

-Dante
He is broke. Everything was seized. Bank accounts homes cars Even stuff in his wifes name do to money laundering laws and bogus mortgage app. According to his father Leonetti stole all the money and went into WWP with whatever Nicky Sr had. The N Georgia ave building was not worth allot of money. I am not sure if the feds took it ..but it was only worth a couple hundred grand at best. And he had other family to split it with. Was a long time ago. The FL home was seized as was the boat. Whatever rackets Nicky Sr personally had were taken when he went away and lost control of the family. Jr's adult son is from his first marriage when he was up north. She divorced him when he went away. Whatever gambling rackets Jr had were taken by the NJ lucchese crew and they didn't like him. They pal around with his arch enemy Joey Merlino. Jr was looking to relocate to FL after getting bumped down to soldier just prior to his arrest. He was on the outs with Andy up north and half Jersey Lucchese crew would soon be hanging with Merlino in the summer at Margate. Actually genius of Merlino to befriend Joey Perna Good way to keep tabs on a guy you don't like. I don't think he had allot. Feds these days sieze everything and charge the spouses with money laundering. allot of guys come out of jail broke and have to start over.