Vincent Asaro

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Cheech
Full Patched

Re: Vincent Asaro

Post by Cheech »

He just wrote the "mob has a rule. It no longer lives bodies in the street" yet. In his latest column he suggests Madonna had Meldish killed. Smh.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He did say 'For the most part' in regards to the no more killings.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

TommyGambino wrote:
SonnyBlackstein wrote:He won't be clipped in this day and age but prospects for advancement, even in that crew, are capped.
Don't be so sure. Plenty of guys who's fathers/son's ratted are doing fine.
I also don't see what a son's career in the mob has to do with the father being a snitch.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Lupara wrote:
TommyGambino wrote:
SonnyBlackstein wrote:He won't be clipped in this day and age but prospects for advancement, even in that crew, are capped.
I also don't see what a son's career in the mob has to do with the father being a snitch.
Genes. 40, 50 yeras ago they would have wacked the son if the father turned rat, even if the son was a stand up guy.
There you have it, never printed before.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

HairyKnuckles wrote:
Lupara wrote:
TommyGambino wrote:
Genes. 40, 50 yeras ago they would have wacked the son if the father turned rat, even if the son was a stand up guy.

This.

And again, despite the exceptions (Franzese) to think this guys rep and career prospects wont be hurt because his old man took the stand (for money no less) is naive.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:
HairyKnuckles wrote:
Lupara wrote:
TommyGambino wrote:

This.

And again, despite the exceptions (Franzese) to think this guys rep and career prospects wont be hurt because his old man took the stand (for money no less) is naive.
To assume his prospects will be hurt in this day and age is equally naive.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

HairyKnuckles wrote:
Lupara wrote:
TommyGambino wrote:
That's ridiculous. There is no such thing as a snitch gene. People snitch due to circumstances, and as we've seen, anybody can become a snitch.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Lupara wrote:
HairyKnuckles wrote:
Lupara wrote:
TommyGambino wrote:
That's ridiculous. There is no such thing as a snitch gene. People snitch due to circumstances, and as we've seen, anybody can become a snitch.
There is no snitch gene of course Lup, but there are genes nevertheless. if somebody couldn´t cope with LE pressure, showing weakness by snitching/ratting/cooperating, chances were, in their minds, the son could also become a potential snitch. Biologically, a son is always closer to his father than anybody else in the mob.
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

Can anybody list father-son, or brother-brother or even uncle-nephew murders because one of them co-operated?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

toto wrote:Can anybody list father-son, or brother-brother or even uncle-nephew murders because one of them co-operated?

Soldier Fiore “Fury” Siano was whacked after his unlce (Joe Valachi) flipped.

After Philly Associate Joe Salerno flipped they tried to kill his father (he survived a shooting). His father was a civilian though.

After Lucchese Capo Peter Chiodo flipped they tried to kill his sister (a civilian). She also survived the shooting. I think they also clipped his uncle. That may have been someone else though.

I'm sure there are more.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

toto wrote:Can anybody list father-son, or brother-brother or even uncle-nephew murders because one of them co-operated?
I´m sure there are plenty of examples in Sicily. In the US Valachi-Siano comes to mind. But members back then did not sing publically that often. It´s a complete different tune nowadays where you´ve got former mobsters turned cooperators living in the open. It´s not the same Mafia anymore. I was talking about the Mafia, 40, 50 years ago.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Lupara wrote:
HairyKnuckles wrote:
Lupara wrote:
TommyGambino wrote:
Seriously?

Sit down a button from jersey or Staten Island and explain that the sins of the father aren't biological.

Honestly lupara, you're smarter than that.

And tommy. Give me a call when Sammy gets his stripes. You'll get the humblest apology you've ever seen.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Tommy Cafaro is still as close to the Barney as he was thirty years ago. He would have loved the button. But he never got it because it would have raised too many eyebrows among the old timers. However, Tommy thrived as an associate for years after his father flipped. Then again, we're talking about the Westside. Elsewhere? Who the fuck knows?
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

I think it's more a case by case scenario tbh.

Either way, Fat Sammy should be more worried about his health, fat fuckers a walking heart attack.