Massino and Vitale

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Rocco
Full Patched

Re: Massino and Vitale

Post by Rocco »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:36 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:39 pm I can just imagine Massino mad asf saying “I put all that work in for this guy to flip on me? Fuck this I’m flipping too.”
I’m dead serious when I say that Massino realizing what his food situation was going to be for the next 20+ years probably played a role in his decision to cooperate. Massino loved eating food and he loved talking about food. On both occasions he was wired up before going to see Basciano, he ended up complaining about prison food for huge chunks of the conversation.
Don't forget that that fat fuck Coppa too. Those two whales would have thrown their mothers under a bus for an all you can eat buffett :D
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Rocco wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:09 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:39 pm I can just imagine Massino mad asf saying “I put all that work in for this guy to flip on me? Fuck this I’m flipping too.”
I’m dead serious when I say that Massino realizing what his food situation was going to be for the next 20+ years probably played a role in his decision to cooperate. Massino loved eating food and he loved talking about food. On both occasions he was wired up before going to see Basciano, he ended up complaining about prison food for huge chunks of the conversation.
Don't forget that that fat fuck Coppa too. Those two whales would have thrown their mothers under a bus for an all you can eat buffett :D
The surveillance pic of Massino and Coppa together walking out of a building that looks like it has a marble facade is actually the City Diner on Grand Ave in Maspeth. Despite the feds having to stake the place out for 7 hours in order to catch them coming out for that picture, there's a high probability that there was nothing illegitimate about their meeting and they were literally just getting something to eat together.

Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

newera_212 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:36 pm
The surveillance pic of Massino and Coppa together walking out of a building that looks like it has a marble facade is actually the City Diner on Grand Ave in Maspeth. Despite the feds having to stake the place out for 7 hours in order to catch them coming out for that picture, there's a high probability that there was nothing illegitimate about their meeting and they were literally just getting something to eat together.

Reminds me of one of those weight loss ads. Before…and way before.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 4:50 pm Reminds me of one of those weight loss ads. Before…and way before.
Which one's the before?

;)
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

:lol: That’s great
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

I recall Richard Cantarella’s testimony or debriefing notes mentioning that as soon as massino got out of jail he was asking a lot of questions about Vitale, his leadership. It seemed that Massino held a grudge or had major doubts about Vitale’s ability or trustworthiness. When you read this stuff you scratch your head that Massino allowed this situation to fester the way it did.

Cantarella said he liked both Massino and Vitale a lot, but in many ways felt in between them.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

couldnt been as bad as turncoats said. he was the underboss for 10yrs. 91 to 01. long tme when you think about it. underboss had a short shelf life since the 70tys
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

think they just constanly talked shit about each other but in the end there brother inlaws. wives kids ect
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

massino shouldnt have put his blood family in that position. i know there not blood but he married vitales sister and have kids so its blood.
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

again sal was acting underboss from what 1988 he had a good run
MSFRD
Straightened out

Post by MSFRD »

I recall reading that Massino was jealous of Vitale being afforded the nickname ‘Good-looking Sal’ or whatever it was. Basically, Vitale acted as Massino’s gopher, and since he brought him into the life and schooled him, I think Massino always looked down upon Sal. I think Vitale always trying to please Massino solidified Massino’s belief that Sal was weak subservient. Just my take.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Sal Vitale seems like an interesting guy maybe b/c we know so little about him

I'd love it if he wrote a book
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Luca
Honorary Member

Post by Luca »

Massino has to have major regrets for becoming an informant. He pretty much threw away whatever legacy and reputation he worked his whole life to build. His family has probably been ostracized from there lifelong friends and family, and for what? What did he actually get out of the deal? He’s spent the last 20 years in protective custody eating shitty prison food. He would have been better off just taking his sentence.
Luca
Honorary Member

Post by Luca »

And I guess the same could probably be said about casso. I think I heard somewhere he even had to do some time at Supermax in Colorado after becoming an informant. That’s crazy.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Luca wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:31 am Massino has to have major regrets for becoming an informant. He pretty much threw away whatever legacy and reputation he worked his whole life to build. His family has probably been ostracized from there lifelong friends and family, and for what? What did he actually get out of the deal? He’s spent the last 20 years in protective custody eating shitty prison food. He would have been better off just taking his sentence.
It's been confirmed that he's out and living free. He was used in a few trials and got sentenced to time served. On one of the Podcast interviews Cantarella had, he said he knows Massino is out and living by himself somewhere but doesn't know how to get a hold of him. He said if he did, he'd invite Massino to come live with him - because he heard Massino has no contact with his family or essentially anyone else