Last time a sitting boss took part in a murder?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Last time a sitting boss took part in a murder?

Post by Adam »

mike68 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:17 am Nicky Scarfo was present when his nephew whacked Falcone in that apartment. I remember the quote was that Scarfo said 'I love this shit'.
Scarfo was just a soldier then.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Anthony Soprano
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Cheech wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:18 pmAnthony Soprano
What, Jersey? Come on.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

PolackTony wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 3:06 pm
Cheech wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:18 pmAnthony Soprano
What, Jersey? Come on.
As Carmine always said, nothing but a glorified crew.
Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Post by Nurzhamba »

Anthony Aiello and Michael Mancuso were directly involved in the murder of Randy Pizzolo. Both were convicted of Pizzolo's murder and as far as I know Aiello was the shooter, but what part did Mancuso take?
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Nurzhamba wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:21 am Anthony Aiello and Michael Mancuso were directly involved in the murder of Randy Pizzolo. Both were convicted of Pizzolo's murder and as far as I know Aiello was the shooter, but what part did Mancuso take?
Mancuso ordered it. Basciano ordered it originally then got arrested, leaving Mancuso as the acting boss. Mancuso then reiterated the order for the hit
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Post by Nurzhamba »

chin_gigante wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:15 am
Nurzhamba wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:21 am Anthony Aiello and Michael Mancuso were directly involved in the murder of Randy Pizzolo. Both were convicted of Pizzolo's murder and as far as I know Aiello was the shooter, but what part did Mancuso take?
Mancuso ordered it. Basciano ordered it originally then got arrested, leaving Mancuso as the acting boss. Mancuso then reiterated the order for the hit
Thanks. It turns out there was only one shooter, and that's Aiello?
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Pmac2 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:38 pm was gonna say frank salemme to. he was boss at the time him and his kid and some other guy whacked a guy rite in his own house sicko
Didn't Flemmi watch the murder go down? I think that he would've enjoyed it being a psychopath and all that.

https://www.providencejournal.com/story ... 034478007/
davidf1989
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by davidf1989 »

Adam wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:43 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:37 am Joe Ligambi may be a possibility. Roger Vella implicated him in the Ronnie Turchi murder but he didn't say what role he played in it so he may not have been physically present. And Kigambi would have been Acting Boss so I don't know if you want to count that.

Pogo
I think acting boss counts. We're not talking about a ton of possibilities.
Why was Turchi killed and did it have anything to do with Natale cooperating against Merlino?
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Who was involved when Ralph Coppola went missing or Lawrence Ricci in a trunk?
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

davidf1989 wrote: Thu Mar 17, 2022 8:19 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:37 am Joe Ligambi may be a possibility. Roger Vella implicated him in the Ronnie Turchi murder but he didn't say what role he played in it so he may not have been physically present. And Kigambi would have been Acting Boss so I don't know if you want to count that.

Pogo
Why was Turchi killed and did it have anything to do with Natale cooperating against Merlino?
I'm feeling fuzzy about this, but didn't Turchi reach out to New York and offer money to become boss? Or did I imagine that?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Adam wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:22 am

Pogo
I'm feeling fuzzy about this, but didn't Turchi reach out to New York and offer money to become boss? Or did I imagine that?

It happened but it was in 1994 after the Stanfa regime was locked up. If I remember right he offered 10 Gs (or maybe it was 50?) to Gambino member Lenny DiMaria for his support. Ralph Natale sent word from prison that he would kill him (Turchi) if he tried to take over. After the murder Joe Ligambi told Pete Caprio (NJ Capo) that they "banged out Ronnie (Turchi) to send Ralph (Natale) a message." This was after Natale flipped. I'm sure there were other reasons. Form what has been reported Turchi was not liked or trusted among the Philly guys.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:35 am
Adam wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 8:22 am

Pogo

It happened but it was in 1994 after the Stanfa regime was locked up. If I remember right he offered 10 Gs (or maybe it was 50?) to Gambino member Lenny DiMaria for his support. Ralph Natale sent word from prison that he would kill him (Turchi) if he tried to take over. After the murder Joe Ligambi told Pete Caprio (NJ Capo) that they "banged out Ronnie (Turchi) to send Ralph (Natale) a message." This was after Natale flipped. I'm sure there were other reasons. Form what has been reported Turchi was not liked or trusted among the Philly guys.

Pogo
Thanks Pogo. But wasn't Turchi consigliere for Natale for a period of time? I do now remember the hit on him was claimed as a message to Natale, but I thought it was because Turchi was one of the non Merlino guys close to Natale. That and I'm confusing the bribe to New York around the same time. So I always thought the two went together. You would know more though.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

He was Consigliere for a brief period in 1995/6 but Natale demoted him. Turchi was reportedly a brokester who wasn't well liked or trusted and his son owed a lot of people money which was what led to his demotion.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:08 am He was Consigliere for a brief period in 1995/6 but Natale demoted him. Turchi was reportedly a brokester who wasn't well liked or trusted and his son owed a lot of people money which was what led to his demotion.

Pogo
Jive Turchi.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”