Paul DiCaro - Chicago Outfit

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TonyBombassolo
Associate

Re: Paul DiCaro - Chicago Outfit

Post by TonyBombassolo »

Yeah, I still can't figure out how DiCaro is giving Gallichio orders to whack people without having a rabbi we don't know about.
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:03 pm
TonyBombassolo wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:23 pm How does Paul DiCaro rank ahead of someone Inendino is related to, we don't even know what crew Paul is in. Was Paul's father in the Outfit?
Paul's father was Emanuel DiCaro, younger brother of Specs and Spider. So far as I can recall, I haven't ever seen his name mentioned as a connected guy, let alone made.
Paulie DiCaro? He was very close with Ronnie Jarrett. I’m pretty sure he grew up in Bridgeport. As far as I know, he was strictly a burglar for the Outfit. He didn’t do hits or anything else as far as I know. As for being made, I highly doubt it. He was definitely an associate.
TonyBombassolo
Associate

Post by TonyBombassolo »

The evidence I saw about DiCaro supports that patrickgold, what I can't understand is how can Richard Mara testify that DiCaro ordered Gallichio and him to kill Brown. It was good advice, Brown would later rat on the entire world (so would Mara), but its odd that Gallichio would take an order like that given his pedigree with Inendino. Thats kind of why I made the initial post, the FBI evidence paints the same picture (associate/thief) but then a guy gets up in court under oath and says he's green-lighting people for other mafia associates to knock down.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

TonyBombassolo wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:23 pm Yeah, I still can't figure out how DiCaro is giving Gallichio orders to whack people without having a rabbi we don't know about.
Sometimes these guys went into business for themselves. I guess they figured they wouldn't get found out. However, you always have the Richard Ortiz situation where he killed Leo Manfredi, which was even worse as Manfredi was probably made. Nick Gio was another guy who did a hit on the sneak when he killed that hairdresser that owed him money.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

TonyBombassolo wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:52 pm The evidence I saw about DiCaro supports that patrickgold, what I can't understand is how can Richard Mara testify that DiCaro ordered Gallichio and him to kill Brown. It was good advice, Brown would later rat on the entire world (so would Mara), but its odd that Gallichio would take an order like that given his pedigree with Inendino. Thats kind of why I made the initial post, the FBI evidence paints the same picture (associate/thief) but then a guy gets up in court under oath and says he's green-lighting people for other mafia associates to knock down.
Inendino was just starting a long prison term around this time period so it could have been DiCaro trying to throw his weight around in his absence.
TonyBombassolo
Associate

Post by TonyBombassolo »

thats not a bad theory at all snakes
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Snakes wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:54 pm
TonyBombassolo wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:52 pm The evidence I saw about DiCaro supports that patrickgold, what I can't understand is how can Richard Mara testify that DiCaro ordered Gallichio and him to kill Brown. It was good advice, Brown would later rat on the entire world (so would Mara), but its odd that Gallichio would take an order like that given his pedigree with Inendino. Thats kind of why I made the initial post, the FBI evidence paints the same picture (associate/thief) but then a guy gets up in court under oath and says he's green-lighting people for other mafia associates to knock down.
Inendino was just starting a long prison term around this time period so it could have been DiCaro trying to throw his weight around in his absence.
Also, I doubt Jimmy I was made at the time. He was an associate working with Aleman and the rest of the Wild Bunch doing burglaries and hits among other things. Dicaro was a master thief. Today he is a well respected restaurant manager that rubs elbows with everyone from celebrities to high level city officials. Well at least he did before Cafe Bionda closed. It might reopen.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:59 pm
Snakes wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:54 pm
Also, I doubt Jimmy I was made at the time. He was an associate working with Aleman and the rest of the Wild Bunch doing burglaries and hits among other things. Dicaro was a master thief. Today he is a well respected restaurant manager that rubs elbows with everyone from celebrities to high level city officials. Well at least he did before Cafe Bionda closed. It might reopen.
Yeah, I don't think Inendino was made until he got out. However, he was close to Turk, so that probably gave him more rub than your average hood.
TonyBombassolo
Associate

Post by TonyBombassolo »

my belief is, after exhausting research, that DiCaro was just a burglar, and that the Gallichio/Mara hit on Brown wasn't sanctioned and DiCaro had no authority to issue it, regardless of Mara's testimony

would love any other info anyone can provide especially on some of the questions like Joe Zito etc
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Gerald Shallow was a cop right?
TonyBombassolo
Associate

Post by TonyBombassolo »

Yes, he was.

Shallow is quite the character.

He was a partner of Richard Cain, mid-1950's, then he got fired from the force in 1971 (it seems kind of a bs reason he got fired). At this point, him and Cain start engaging in crime, they kill Shirley C. Mavigliano in 1972 per FBI interrogations, and then it looks like Shallow starts to give up info to the FBI.

I have documents showing him working with people like Paul DiCaro, Butch Petrocelli, Anthony Gallichio, Joseph Russo, James Palaggi Sr, and many others doing everything from hijacking to home invasions to stick ups, mostly big jobs for jewels or big trailer loads.

April 1981 I have Shallow's firing from 1971 being overturned on appeal and by September he is fully cooperating with the FBI.

Some of his stuff is in some of these Ronnie Jarrett files.

https://archive.org/details/ronaldjarre ... ew=theater