Lucchese Acting Boss, Michael DeSantis and Underboss Patty Dellorusso are as SERIOUS as it gets

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Re: Lucchese Acting Boss, Michael DeSantis and Underboss Patty Dellorusso are as SERIOUS as it gets

Post by johnny_scootch »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:48 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:20 am With assurances that he can remain the underboss until he lost his case and if he won the case the guys at the meeting (desantis, Dellorusso, zappola, papagni) would support him as boss.

At that time he was hands down the most respected wiseguy in the entire Lucchese family.
Official or Acting.

I read acting.
When Pennisi said it he just said Boss and I remember thinking at the time did he mean official or acting? Obviously it’s a big difference but he never clarified in the midst of speaking. I’m inclined to agree with you and say he more than likely meant acting boss. Especially because part of why Crea was so respected was because he always did right by Vic, I doubt he would have ever taken the official spot without his blessing.
Uncle Pete
Straightened out

Re: Lucchese Acting Boss, Michael DeSantis and Underboss Patty Dellorusso are as SERIOUS as it gets

Post by Uncle Pete »

If I recall correctly Pennisi said that Crea showed up to that sit down by himself which basically cemented the respect those guys already had for Crea Sr.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

Uncle Pete wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:22 pm If I recall correctly Pennisi said that Crea showed up to that sit down by himself which basically cemented the respect those guys already had for Crea Sr.
I recall JP saying that too - the Brooklyn contingent came heavy and Crea showed up solo, not even with his son.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

Southshore88 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:11 pm
Uncle Pete wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:22 pm If I recall correctly Pennisi said that Crea showed up to that sit down by himself which basically cemented the respect those guys already had for Crea Sr.
I recall JP saying that too - the Brooklyn contingent came heavy and Crea showed up solo, not even with his son.
Also worth mentioning - his son, Stevie Jr. wasn’t considered a heavy hitter or anything, I believe his plea deal with the racketeering trial was his first time being convicted (might have even been his first arrest). So Junior’ presence wouldn’t have been for intimidation purposes either way, but going alone validated the high level of respect that Crea elicited from his Lucchese family.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Yeah 100% he could have walked right into a hit. He knew he was meeting guys that could have been and were making a play for control but he went anyway and followed the rules showing up alone. Huge balls like Sonny Black pure Cosa Nostra.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:08 pm When Pennisi said it he just said Boss and I remember thinking at the time did he mean official or acting? Obviously it’s a big difference but he never clarified in the midst of speaking.
It is strange though. It IS a huge difference and if anyone should know it, it should be Pennisi. It is hard to think he misspoke about a difference such as that, but conversely you wouldnt assume these all being Amuso guys, they'd hand over the reign, from Amuso/themselves to Crea.
Hence, I agree youd have to go with acting, ,but a notable mistake by JP.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:59 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:25 am “He showed up to meet me in some park on a fucking bicycle like one of those yuppies.”

”Did you know he sent a letter of resignation because he couldn’t deal with Carmine. A fucking embarrassment, this is not a Fortune 500 company that you can resign from.”
DeSantis is very interesting to me, always wanted to hear more about the letter of resignation he sent.
The nefarious ways of Johnny Sideburns is one of Pennisi’s best articles on his website Sit Down News
Pennisi is a world class turd. His articles are petty and self serving.
#Let’s Go Brandon!
Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Little_Al1991 »

joeycigars wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:52 am
Pmac2 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:49 am I guess amuso could just give a lawyer or another inmate the letter to get to desantis. So he could write freely in the letter
After what Amuso, Casso did with this family , Why they keep him as shot caller is really mind boggling , Just in name only I get it , But no way making major decisions like hit list from prison ,He hasnt been on the street in 30 years and cant communicate with out writing,
I don’t think that Amuso is as bad as he is portrayed.He’s still got guys who are loyal to him.Pennisi has also said his reputation on the street is still well respected.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Pennisi clarified the hit list was made by Desantis after the fact and not Amuso. That the Staten Island/Brooklyn crew was gonna do the purge
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:58 am
joeycigars wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:52 am
Pmac2 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:49 am I guess amuso could just give a lawyer or another inmate the letter to get to desantis. So he could write freely in the letter
After what Amuso, Casso did with this family , Why they keep him as shot caller is really mind boggling , Just in name only I get it , But no way making major decisions like hit list from prison ,He hasnt been on the street in 30 years and cant communicate with out writing,
I don’t think that Amuso is as bad as he is portrayed.He’s still got guys who are loyal to him.Pennisi has also said his reputation on the street is still well respected.
I see that he was and still is respected, But after Patricia Capozzalo shooting and the Jersey purge hit list chasing Anthony "Tumac" Accetturo and he flipped same with D'Arco ,And what Casso did , Its scary people will still follow his lead while doing life ,
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

joeycigars wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:51 pm I see that he was and still is respected, But after Patricia Capozzalo shooting and the Jersey purge hit list chasing Anthony "Tumac" Accetturo and he flipped same with D'Arco ,And what Casso did , Its scary people will still follow his lead while doing life ,
Beats a war.

Look at Orena.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Luca
Honorary Member

Post by Luca »

Every other mobster there is a 1000 pictures of them on the internet. There is literally only one picture of michael desantis in circulation.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Luca wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:51 pm Every other mobster there is a 1000 pictures of them on the internet. There is literally only one picture of michael desantis in circulation.
There is one on Twitter I found. But I can't upload it.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:22 pm
Luca wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 1:51 pm Every other mobster there is a 1000 pictures of them on the internet. There is literally only one picture of michael desantis in circulation.
https://twitter.com/malavitoi/status/13 ... Dqh7g&s=19
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:24 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:22 pm
https://twitter.com/malavitoi/status/13 ... Dqh7g&s=19