Chicago Outfit Making Ceremony, 1983

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pete
Full Patched

Re: Chicago Outfit Making Ceremony, 1983

Post by Pete »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 4:42 pm
Pete wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:30 pm Also for the record I asked Frank jr about ferriola being sr godson he didn’t want to answer that probably because he doesn’t talk much about anyone present day. The reason I was curious is cuz I never heard of sr and joe ferriola being close so I was curious but they literally lived a street over from each other so I didn’t know if maybe they were close
Thanks for the info there, Pete. That makes sense (the “tall” fella).
Yea If you listen to the tapes it’s always the opposite. Like he refers to his brother Nick as joy and says she talking about him. Or if he says someone’s from north side they’re actually from south side. The tapes with Nick ferriola were interesting from the parts they let out. Said he was making a 100 grand a week which of course has to be gross but they hit him with a big fine cuz of that. Don’t know what happened with that fine but Nick lives in a nice house with range rovers parked in the driveway. His wife makes good money tho. He claimed poverty when they gave him that multi million dollar fine but the ferriolas live very well
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Where did you ask him, on the tour he was giving?
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Pete wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 12:25 pm
PolackTony wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:42 pm A question that came to mind. Has it ever been thought that Frank Calabrese sponsored anyone for membership? I ask because, in one of the transcripts for Frank Jr and Sr's prison conversations, Frank Sr mentions a "tall fella" and then tells Jr "that's my godson". Maybe he's just talking in code, but I presume that if the guy he was referring to was his actual godson, Frank Jr wouldn't have to be told who he was. Anyone recall who Frank Sr may have been referring to as the "tall fella" who was his "godson"? IIRC this was during a convo where Sr mentioned "Rota" ("Tires" in Italian).
Nick ferriola is Frank sr godson but he’s not tall but Frank would purposely say for instance if someone was short he would say the tall guy or refer to guys as girls etc basically the opposite. His godson Nick ferriola would visit him often in prison
The close connection between the Ferriolas and the Calabreses is just another proof, among the many, regarding the very close connection between the Cicero and Chinatown crews which represented one group aka the South group. This also proves that Nick didnt know much regarding the connections and the statuses of some of those fellas, obviously because he wasnt a money maker and didnt mingle very often with other members.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Villain wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:40 am
PolackTony wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 8:42 pm A question that came to mind. Has it ever been thought that Frank Calabrese sponsored anyone for membership? I ask because, in one of the transcripts for Frank Jr and Sr's prison conversations, Frank Sr mentions a "tall fella" and then tells Jr "that's my godson". Maybe he's just talking in code, but I presume that if the guy he was referring to was his actual godson, Frank Jr wouldn't have to be told who he was. Anyone recall who Frank Sr may have been referring to as the "tall fella" who was his "godson"? IIRC this was during a convo where Sr mentioned "Rota" ("Tires" in Italian).
Nick ferriola is Frank sr godson but he’s not tall but Frank would purposely say for instance if someone was short he would say the tall guy or refer to guys as girls etc basically the opposite. His godson Nick ferriola would visit him often in prison
The close connection between the Ferriolas and the Calabreses is just another proof, among the many, regarding the very close connection between the Cicero and Chinatown crews which represented one group aka the South group. This also proves that Nick didnt know much regarding the connections and the statuses of some of those fellas, obviously because he wasnt a money maker and didnt mingle very often with other members.
Nick was fairly young when his father passed, no? Who would have been running what was the Chinatown crew at that point if LaPietra and I believe Monteleone both were in prison in the 80s?
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:59 am
Nick was fairly young when his father passed, no? Who would have been running what was the Chinatown crew at that point if LaPietra and I believe Monteleone both were in prison in the 80s?
I was talking about Nick C....not Nick F. Sorry for the confusion bud
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Villain wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:01 am
Sorry - I agree Nick Calabrese was not an earner and strictly muscle. It seemed Gerry Scarpelli knew far more in his debriefings before he killed himself in terms of how the Outfit was structured - and in my view, Scarpelli was the same as Nick in that he was only used for hits and to collect and enforce.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:07 am
Villain wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:01 am
Sorry - I agree Nick Calabrese was not an earner and strictly muscle. It seemed Gerry Scarpelli knew far more in his debriefings before he killed himself in terms of how the Outfit was structured - and in my view, Scarpelli was the same as Nick in that he was only used for hits and to collect and enforce.
I completely agree
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Jimmy LaPietra
SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Snakes wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:50 am
Jimmy LaPietra
Did Jimmie step aside when Apes came home or right up until he died in 93?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

SolarSolano wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:33 am
Snakes wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:50 am
Jimmy LaPietra
Did Jimmie step aside when Apes came home or right up until he died in 93?
Pretty sure he bossed that crew until he died. Apes then took over. When he became Outfit boss, Toots Caruso took over. I'm sure Angelo LaPietra also had some sort of say in the years before he died.
chicagodog
Honorary Member

Post by chicagodog »

Snakes wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2017 3:37 pm He was listed as an "advisor" in a Crime Commission chart put out in 1997 but that's not FBI. He was only out of jail for a couple years before he died and he was very sick towards the end so I am not sure what kind of capacity he served in.
Sitting at the OIC snarling at people and being a miserable fuck.