Why did the Lucchese Family accept Chin’s contract to kill Gotti?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Re: Why did the Lucchese Family accept Chin’s contract to kill Gotti?

Post by CabriniGreen »

Pmac2 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:17 pm Probaly in gottis heart he knew he broke a rule killing the boss. I never understood how gotri still didnt do shit after bobby manna is picked up on wire talking about killing john and his brother. This all came out during mannas trial in 88 89 published in the papers. I wonder if chin even took manna down as consig. I think jimmy ida was only acting consig and manna was official maybe to this day. Gotti excepted chin explanation manna was rougue
Because that would mean a direct, too to toe street war, which is an unpredictable circumstance. Anything could happen.

Gotti did the smart thing. Acknowledged the plot, call Chin on the carpet, and basically force him into diplomacy vs clandestine attacks.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

furiofromnaples wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:51 pm
Pmac2 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:17 pm Probaly in gottis heart he knew he broke a rule killing the boss. I never understood how gotri still didnt do shit after bobby manna is picked up on wire talking about killing john and his brother. This all came out during mannas trial in 88 89 published in the papers. I wonder if chin even took manna down as consig. I think jimmy ida was only acting consig and manna was official maybe to this day. Gotti excepted chin explanation manna was rougue
I think that Gotti simply doesnt want a total war because who would be his allies? The Colombos? Maybe, and what would do the Bonannos?
Gotti knowed that many people in his family hated him and that in a war he would risk to get stabbed in the back,at the Feds helped Chin&Co to get rid of Gotti.
Yeah, I agree with this here...
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

A pretty typical Machiavellian move on Vic and Gas' part. They give their approval to the Gotti faction to take out Castellano. Then they turn around and side with Chin against Gotti. Perhaps one reason being simply they wanted to keep up appearances that they were following the rules and just as eager to punish Gotti for killing a boss. As well as maybe to preempt any possible blowback should word get back to Chin that they had gone along with the hit on Castellano.
All roads lead to New York.
greekface
Prospect

Post by greekface »

The answer to almost everything in this thread is:

because it was Chin

everyone feared him, period
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

greekface wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:29 am The answer to almost everything in this thread is:

because it was Chin

everyone feared him, period
I doubt it’s fear, more like respect because most of these guys already have blood in there hands.
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

Vic n gas were young in Chins eyes......newbies (bosses)........remember philly
I been taught to listen to what's not said
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

I believe a meeting took place between luccheses and Genovese at Furnari’s house. Does anyone recall who was At that meeting? I think that meeting got mentjoned in some court decisions denying furnari release from prison
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

tony ducks n chin some tme early 86 at funaris house or his familys on staten island. i think this info came from gaspipe when he fliped because he was funaris aide as consig. tony ducks put amuso in charge of the plot
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

pmac2- was this after tony ducks was in the can for the commission trial? see below statement

tony ducks n chin some tme early 86 at funaris house or his familys on staten island. i think this info came from gaspipe when he fliped because he was funaris aide as consig. tony ducks put amuso in charge of the plot
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Must have been rite after big pauls murder december 85 Ducks and chin are the only official bosses on the street making the the only votes on the commission. Persico and gerry lang are locked up and the bonannos have no say. Im guessing january or feb 1986. Chin and tony ducks probaly let a few weeks go by to meet after big pauls murder. The feds must have been watching them. Frank deccico is the first revenge hit in april 86. This is all from gaspipes testomny in front of some hearing in 1994
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

Tony ducks and chrisry tick were released on bail they where both on the street till there conviction in 87
ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

Pmac2 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:56 am Tony ducks and chrisry tick were released on bail they where both on the street till there conviction in 87
Was Fat Tony on the street too? I’m assuming he was less than pleased by what happened…was he involved at all in saying we want vengeance?

I know supposedly Jackie Cerone sent a messenger (Mike Magnafichi? Sounds like it could be BS, wouldn’t mike have been like 22-23 years old? Maybe he was just the driver? ) to express Chicago’s disapproval.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Pmac2 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:55 am Must have been rite after big pauls murder december 85 Ducks and chin are the only official bosses on the street making the the only votes on the commission. Persico and gerry lang are locked up and the bonannos have no say. Im guessing january or feb 1986. Chin and tony ducks probaly let a few weeks go by to meet after big pauls murder. The feds must have been watching them. Frank deccico is the first revenge hit in april 86. This is all from gaspipes testomny in front of some hearing in 1994
Also Chicago per Mike Magnifichi.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

ChicagoOutfit wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:36 am
Pmac2 wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 9:56 am Tony ducks and chrisry tick were released on bail they where both on the street till there conviction in 87
Was Fat Tony on the street too? I’m assuming he was less than pleased by what happened…was he involved at all in saying we want vengeance?

I know supposedly Jackie Cerone sent a messenger (Mike Magnafichi? Sounds like it could be BS, wouldn’t mike have been like 22-23 years old? Maybe he was just the driver? ) to express Chicago’s disapproval.
Mike drove Cerone to meeting
TSNYC
Straightened out

Post by TSNYC »

Any details on this meeting regarding Chicago disapproval? Who’d word get sent to?