What the guys on the street thought of other families

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Shellackhead
Full Patched

Re: What the guys on the street thought of other families

Post by Shellackhead »

bluehouse wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:59 am
Shellackhead wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:28 am
bluehouse wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:12 pm Just reread murder machine apparently roy demeo started with the Luchesses but saw them as inferior and was desperate to join the gambinos.I wonder if his body count would of been as high if he stayed withn the luchesses
I don’t think that’s right, I remember reading that guys from that area Canarsie & it’s surrounding neighborhoods wanted to join the Lucchese Family.
"Always on the alert for new business partners, as was Roy, Nino sent a message through mutual
acquaintances for Roy to stop by the next time he was in Bath Beach. Roy did not need a second
invitation. Anthony Gaggi was a made man in the Gambino family, the city’s most important, and
Roy was nothing if not ambitious and opportunistic. He did not intend to spend his life hanging out
at junkyards, the horizon he saw with the Lucchese family.

This is the direct quote from MM.He saw the luchesses as small time.Even that junkie rat frank paqua said if he got his button with the gambinos it would of meant more on the street than having his button with the luchesses.Imagane a made guy with the colombos staten island crew vs a made guy with the genevese 116th crew.Theres no way the 2 are in the same league
Thanks, I read MM almost 3 years ago

& yeah i get what you mean… but not now but back then didn’t the Lukes have powerhouses in almost every borough? I always thought that they had the best quality guys in terms of earning?
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

Shellackhead wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:31 pm
bluehouse wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:59 am
Shellackhead wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:28 am
bluehouse wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:12 pm Just reread murder machine apparently roy demeo started with the Luchesses but saw them as inferior and was desperate to join the gambinos.I wonder if his body count would of been as high if he stayed withn the luchesses
I don’t think that’s right, I remember reading that guys from that area Canarsie & it’s surrounding neighborhoods wanted to join the Lucchese Family.
"Always on the alert for new business partners, as was Roy, Nino sent a message through mutual
acquaintances for Roy to stop by the next time he was in Bath Beach. Roy did not need a second
invitation. Anthony Gaggi was a made man in the Gambino family, the city’s most important, and
Roy was nothing if not ambitious and opportunistic. He did not intend to spend his life hanging out
at junkyards, the horizon he saw with the Lucchese family.

This is the direct quote from MM.He saw the luchesses as small time.Even that junkie rat frank paqua said if he got his button with the gambinos it would of meant more on the street than having his button with the luchesses.Imagane a made guy with the colombos staten island crew vs a made guy with the genevese 116th crew.Theres no way the 2 are in the same league
Thanks, I read MM almost 3 years ago

& yeah i get what you mean… but not now but back then didn’t the Lukes have powerhouses in almost every borough? I always thought that they had the best quality guys in terms of earning?
The reason for this could be that the Luccheses were more a system for independent earners (thus the smaller # of members, alleged high number of millionaires, etc. I think even Gaspipe said they were more independent) -- while the Gambinos were perhaps a huge group that would bring you into large operations that were already a going thing. So if the guy started out at a junkyard and didn't know how as an entrepreneur how to build from that - it might seem like the Lukes weren't doing much for him. Meanwhile maybe DeMeo saw a lot of Lucchese buttons around the junk yard and other clandestine businesses because they were a little more independent minded. Just a thought.
Uforeality
Straightened out

Post by Uforeality »

I always thought the "farmer" comments about the Decavalcantes was a baseball reference. The farm team. Minor leaguers... what the hell do I know tho?