John No Nose Difronzos fbi files released...

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: John No Nose Difronzos fbi files released...

Post by Snakes »

SolarSolano wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:36 am
Snakes wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:18 pm
Patrickgold wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:26 pm
Coloboy wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 8:02 am Agreed that DiFronzo‘s level of influence post 2000 is still murky, but I think we have enough general evidence to show that he was still very influential, if not officially the top boss. I mainly thinking of the reports of Sarno kicking tribute up to him, Carparelli fearing retribution from him for potentially beating up an acquaintance of his, the meeting with Panozzo and others prior to Zizzos disappearance, and the meeting captured by Chuck Goudie with Marco D’Amico, his brothers, and others in 2009. that all certainly points to somebody who was still involved in my opinion.
What are the details of the meeting with Panozzo? I don’t remember hearing this. Where did it come out that they met? Also, who did Carparelli beat up?
Burnstein said there was federal surveillance of DiFronzo meeting in Chicago with Albert Vena, Tony Zizzo, Panozzo, and Jeff Hollingshead in the "weeks leading up to Zizzo's disappearance in 2006."
I think some of that was more conjecture - he was trying to make Hollingshead out to be a bigger threat than he was. I really don't think Hollingshead knew the DiFronzo's - certainly not his wife.
I don't know what his specific sources were but he credited "federal surveillance logs" with those meetings. Hollingshead, besides cooperating against Panozzo, certainly didn't do as much damage as initially thought, unless we finally see that rumored Vena indictment.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I just checked and I don't think Hollinghead ever testified against Panozzo. If he did, he certainly got a raw deal because he is in prison until 2033 and not even up for parole until 2030. Shit, that's later than Panozzo! I would imagine that's because he pled out later than Panozzo but I honestly don't know.

SolarSolano
Full Patched

Post by SolarSolano »

Snakes wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:47 am I just checked and I don't think Hollinghead ever testified against Panozzo. If he did, he certainly got a raw deal because he is in prison until 2033 and not even up for parole until 2030. Shit, that's later than Panozzo! I would imagine that's because he pled out later than Panozzo but I honestly don't know.

I believe he gave information or wore a wire on and around Panozzo's crew - he also was wired up when meeting Joe Lopez the attorney and got a list of witnesses after Bobby was held saying "Bobby said you would know what to do with this."

I think Hollingshead's usefulness stopped with Panozzo - I was surprised nothing happened with the Spina guys as he used to work for their trucking business.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

SolarSolano wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:13 am
Snakes wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:47 am I just checked and I don't think Hollinghead ever testified against Panozzo. If he did, he certainly got a raw deal because he is in prison until 2033 and not even up for parole until 2030. Shit, that's later than Panozzo! I would imagine that's because he pled out later than Panozzo but I honestly don't know.

I believe he gave information or wore a wire on and around Panozzo's crew - he also was wired up when meeting Joe Lopez the attorney and got a list of witnesses after Bobby was held saying "Bobby said you would know what to do with this."

I think Hollingshead's usefulness stopped with Panozzo - I was surprised nothing happened with the Spina guys as he used to work for their trucking business.
I suspect that Hollingshead was too insulated from the criminal operations of Vena or Spina to do any real damage to them. If he was actually present at the Zizzo/DiFronzo thing he may have only been there as Panozzo’s driver or bodyguard. Given the gravity of the situation around Zizzo at that time I have a hard time believing that a guy like Hollingshead was really privy to the actual discussion unless it was simply operational stuff regarding rackets. It’s always possible that there are things in the works that haven’t dropped yet but I have to believe that if Hollingshead had anything solid to offer on the guys above Bobby P the hammer would’ve dropped already.

BTW, does anyone have any info regarding Hollingshead’s criminal career before all this an how he came to get plugged with the Outfit? Is he Irish or hillbilly? Did he grow up by the Grand Ave Patch (there were a few hillbilly kids who came up around the Italians there)? My suspicion is that Hollingshead was a C-Note but I don’t know that for a fact (not like they put their government names on those old “compliment cards” lol).
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I didn't figure that Vena would be indicted anytime soon once Sallet left so suddenly. You would think that if he had a big mob RICO case, he would stay.

According to Burnstein, Hollinghead (the Chicago inmate database removes the "s" so that is what I will do) was raised on Taylor Street before relocating to Grand and Ogden and beginning his association with Panozzo. When Vena flew south with the geese to Florida after Panozzo's indictment, Hollinghead reportedly had a direct line with the DiFronzos. Hollinghead also acted as the public owner of a glass business based out of Nevada. His silent partners were Vena and Mike Sarno. He is also cousins with Chris Spina.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

That is an odd sentencing, wonder if he reneged on a portion of his deal.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

PolackTony wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:10 pm
SolarSolano wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:13 am

I suspect that Hollingshead was too insulated from the criminal operations of Vena or Spina to do any real damage to them. If he was actually present at the Zizzo/DiFronzo thing he may have only been there as Panozzo’s driver or bodyguard. Given the gravity of the situation around Zizzo at that time I have a hard time believing that a guy like Hollingshead was really privy to the actual discussion unless it was simply operational stuff regarding rackets. It’s always possible that there are things in the works that haven’t dropped yet but I have to believe that if Hollingshead had anything solid to offer on the guys above Bobby P the hammer would’ve dropped already.

BTW, does anyone have any info regarding Hollingshead’s criminal career before all this an how he came to get plugged with the Outfit? Is he Irish or hillbilly? Did he grow up by the Grand Ave Patch (there were a few hillbilly kids who came up around the Italians there)? My suspicion is that Hollingshead was a C-Note but I don’t know that for a fact (not like they put their government names on those old “compliment cards” lol).
Yeah zero chance John Difronzo is discussing outfit biz with Jeff hollingshead direct. Would tend to agree it was more likely he was there as a driver/bodyguard.

Does seem like a harsh sentence he’s got though
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

The reason he got a harsh sentence is because he had nothing of value to offer. No way Difronzo would discuss business with this low life. If anything he happen to be at a place that Difronzo was at.