General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by PolackTony »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:53 am
slimshady_007 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:18 am
Ivan wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:32 pm Why was Anthony Zizzo killed?
Rumor has it he had a beef with Mike Sarno.

Over the video poker machines if I remember correctly.

Pogo
On top of that, Zizzo was basically the last man standing of the old Cicero/Melrose Park (Aiuppa/Carlisi) crew by the early 2000s. Once Jimmy Marcello was taken out by FS, my assumption is that the Outfit decided to fold what was left of the MP crew operations (Pogo is correct that joker poker was the major money maker) under the Cicero (Buccieri/Ferriola/Infelise) crew. Little Tony may have tried to hold out or resist this move, leading to him getting whacked. LT’s apparent meeting with DiFronzo (with Panozzo probably serving as emissary for Grand Ave) before his death may have been a last ditch attempt to resolve the dispute. Another interesting fact here that doesn’t get brought up much is that a neighbor of Sal Cautadella’s former residence was murdered in front of his home by shotgun blast (remains unsolved) around the same time. The guy was not connected but LE suspected, for obvious reasons, that the poor schmuck may have been hit on mistaken identity. We may never know if or how this was related to the dispute with Zizzo, but there were very likely tensions and actions happening under the scenes that we don’t know about.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Have there been any American Cosa Nostra ties to those shoplifting rings you keep hearing about? I can imagine pillheads in Staten Island or wherever being easily recruited into this thing, lol.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organized_retail_crime
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Why are both new movies

CAPONE and LANSKY

Premises supposedly they had buried money and that that’s the background theme of the movies. Why do they make fantasy up to tell facts… doesn’t make sense
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:44 am Why are both new movies

CAPONE and LANSKY

Premises supposedly they had buried money and that that’s the background theme of the movies. Why do they make fantasy up to tell facts… doesn’t make sense
I think because it fascinates people in general, people like to think that Lansky was the King of the Underworld and hid 300 million dollars, and that Capone tricked everybody into faking dementia and was the big boss, I think it's part of the culture to put these myths in the movies.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

aleksandrored wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:44 am

CAPONE and LANSKY

I think because it fascinates people in general, people like to think that Lansky was the King of the Underworld and hid 300 million dollars, and that Capone tricked everybody into faking dementia and was the big boss, I think it's part of the culture to put these myths in the movies.
When in the end, this simple grave and blunt epitaph sums up Capone's legacy. He reaped what he sowed -- quite literally given his background as a pimp. Rappresentante for months, an invalid for years.

"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Rat
Straightened out

Post by Rat »

When was the final time any LA member/associate got busted? Were the Blitzstein arrests the last hoorah of the LA family?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Rat wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:55 pm When was the final time any LA member/associate got busted? Were the Blitzstein arrests the last hoorah of the LA family?
Yep, that was the last one.
All roads lead to New York.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:06 pm
Rat wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:55 pm When was the final time any LA member/associate got busted? Were the Blitzstein arrests the last hoorah of the LA family?
Yep, that was the last one.
I like Jerry Capeci characterized that whole episode: "There was a brief period when it appeared that a few Buffalo members were making a major move on Las Vegas. It turned out to be just another attempt by some hoods to make money wherever they could."
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

PolackTony wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:54 pm
aleksandrored wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:44 am

CAPONE and LANSKY

When in the end, this simple grave and blunt epitaph sums up Capone's legacy. He reaped what he sowed -- quite literally given his background as a pimp. Rappresentante for months, an invalid for years.

In fact, he spent little time with the boss in the 1920s, the 1930s in prison, and the 1940s with illness.
Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Post by Nurzhamba »

Why does Vincent Ferrer have the nickname "Animal"? Maybe because of a tendency to violence or sadism? But I haven't heard that about him.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Does anyone have anything on Profaci Capo Salvatore Tornabe? He was listed among the Appalachia attendees. Thanks.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Coloboy
Straightened out

Post by Coloboy »

What does modern day exchange of money look like in la Cosa nostra? Are guys still really getting handed envelopes of cash?
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Most likely...I don't think they're writing checks ;)
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
desertdog
Straightened out

Post by desertdog »

It used to be boxes, now it's envelopes..small envelopes.
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

When was the last time there was a Stock Fraud Case by LCN members and associates. I was reading Pennisis testimony and it says he was told to stay away from stocks