General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: General Chicago Outfit Info Dumping Ground

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:14 am 1979 testimony of Chicago Outfit associate and Grand Av crew member Irvin Weiner. Since its a quite long testimony, I managed to take out only the most interesting parts.
Thanks for the post, interesting testimony. Helps to give further detail regarding the extent of Alderisio’s national LCN contacts.

I knew Weiner was from the Westside, of course, but this confirms that he grew up in North Lawndale along with Patrick, Yaras, and the Rubinstein Bros (though, to be fair, so did tens of thousands of other Jews who were not affiliated with the mob), as I had suspected.
"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 10:16 pm
Villain wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:14 am 1979 testimony of Chicago Outfit associate and Grand Av crew member Irvin Weiner. Since its a quite long testimony, I managed to take out only the most interesting parts.
Thanks for the post, interesting testimony. Helps to give further detail regarding the extent of Alderisio’s national LCN contacts.

I knew Weiner was from the Westside, of course, but this confirms that he grew up in North Lawndale along with Patrick, Yaras, and the Rubinstein Bros (though, to be fair, so did tens of thousands of other Jews who were not affiliated with the mob), as I had suspected.
Thats right and he was also a long time friend of Jimmy Allegretti who was a member of the North Side group.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:00 pm

Thats right and he was also a long time friend of Jimmy Allegretti who was a member of the North Side group.
Well, at some point Weiner stated operating around the Near North side, right? I would imagine this was also related to how he got plugged with Alderisio and then Lombardo.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:04 pm
Villain wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:00 pm

Well, at some point Weiner stated operating around the Near North side, right? I would imagine this was also related to how he got plugged with Alderisio and then Lombardo.
Interesting that the committee never asked Weiner regarding his long time association with Marshall Caifano, who back in the days also had interests around Rush St. He knew both Alderisio and Caifano his whole life.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Patrickgold
Full Patched

Post by Patrickgold »

Do you guys think Weiner was in on the killing of Dorfman? Besides Vena, who else was suspected in the killing of Dorfman?

Weiner is a very interesting Outfit figure. He was a real powerhouse. A book could be written about him.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:04 am Do you guys think Weiner was in on the killing of Dorfman? Besides Vena, who else was suspected in the killing of Dorfman?

Weiner is a very interesting Outfit figure. He was a real powerhouse. A book could be written about him.
At the time, Frank Schweihs and Tony Panzica were considered by "government sources" as the two main suspects. However, later FBI files (circa 1993) revealed that agents believed that "all" suspects in the murder were dead. Schweihs was very much alive at that time so they had apparently received more solid intelligence on who was involved. Ronnie DeAngeles is another name I seem to remember seeing as a suspect. Terminally ill with cancer, he committed suicide in 1987.
PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Patrickgold wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:04 am Do you guys think Weiner was in on the killing of Dorfman? Besides Vena, who else was suspected in the killing of Dorfman?

Weiner was a big deal, for sure. He was a major asset for the Teamsters operations as he was able to write surety bonds after legislation made it more difficult for union leaders to obtain bonding. I believe the Warren Commission (IIRC) described him as something like the top financier of organized crime in the Midwest. Weiner has been slept on a bit, I think.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Weiner was more than a corruptor and connection guy for the Outfit but instead he was one of those most trusted associates.

For example, Battaglia together with Phil Alderisio and Irvin Weiner opened an investment firm known as the I.S.P. Company. The “I” presumably stood for Irwin, the “P” for Phil and the “S” for Sam. Their company maintained very large amounts of cash in the Exchange National Bank probably for hoodlum operations.

According to the feds, every Sunday night, Battaglia held a meeting at his house together with Weiner, Frabotta, Alderisio and Rocco Salvatore, to establish their present and future operations. Weiner attended these meetings almost without a fail.

Also records at the Exchange National Banked showed that a trust was formed between Marshall Caifano, Irwin Weiner and his wife Lillian, Phil Alderisio and his wife Molly, Albert Frabotta and wife Santina, and Sam Battaglia and his wife Angela. The trust covered adjoining property which was located at 3240 through 3250 South Wentworth in Chicago.

In 1973, Irwin Weiner allegedly paid few checks of $5,000 each to some government officials regarding the early release for the ailing Battaglia. A month later Battaglia died in hospital.

During the 1970s there were numerous reports of airplane flights between Chicago’s O’Hare Airport and New York’s LaGuardia or Miami, Florida, of both Sam Canzoneri and Irvin Weiner, and also alleged reports of meetings with “unknown individuals” closely connected to the Bonanno crime family, which I personally believe were Sicilian dope smugglers since Canzoneri was a known narcotics trafficker.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Post by PolackTony »

Villain wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:02 pm https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z-uf4BHjNys
Nice. Looks like the spots they showed were mostly concentrated around Mannheim Rd/Northlake. Offhand I’m not familiar with this sting operation. Did they bust any actual connected guys? In this era that should’ve mainly been under Grand Ave (Eboli), so I wonder who these operators were paying street tax to: Eboli, Sam Ariola, Guy Cervone, Centracchio?
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:23 pm
Villain wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:02 pm https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z-uf4BHjNys
Nice. Looks like the spots they showed were mostly concentrated around Mannheim Rd/Northlake. Offhand I’m not familiar with this sting operation. Did they bust any actual connected guys? In this era that should’ve mainly been under Grand Ave (Eboli), so I wonder who these operators were paying street tax to: Eboli, Sam Ariola, Guy Cervone, Centracchio?
Yeah I was wondering about the sting operation too since im first time hearing about it....ill try to find more info
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Villain wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:22 am
Yeah I was wondering about the sting operation too since im first time hearing about it....ill try to find more info
This was a big investigation from 1981 to 1984 that the FBI probably believed would net bigger fish. I assume that those arrested and charged either kept their mouths shut or the FBI did not have enough evidence to charge those tasked with collecting street tax from these businesses. A lot of local busts were made; I believe a school superintendent was indicted for spending 40 grand in school funding on sex expenses and there were several bribery charges made against local law enforcement for striking deals with the businesses. The biggest names among the indicted were Michael and Victor Spilotro and Michael Posner. Victor and Michael were indicted for extorting sex businesses for street tax but Michael was murdered before trial. Posner was charged with operating a Northlake brothel. Vito Caliendo (Outfit associate) was also indicted for operating several Chicago area brothels. John Monteleone's name was connected to this investigation but he was never charged. Monteleone started a four year sentence for criminal contempt in 1986.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Snakes wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:21 am
This was a big investigation from 1981 to 1984 that the FBI probably believed would net bigger fish. I assume that those arrested and charged either kept their mouths shut or the FBI did not have enough evidence to charge those tasked with collecting street tax from these businesses. A lot of local busts were made; I believe a school superintendent was indicted for spending 40 grand in school funding on sex expenses and there were several bribery charges made against local law enforcement for striking deals with the businesses. The biggest names among the indicted were Michael and Victor Spilotro and Michael Posner. Victor and Michael were indicted for extorting sex businesses for street tax but Michael was murdered before trial. Posner was charged with operating a Northlake brothel. Vito Caliendo (Outfit associate) was also indicted for operating several Chicago area brothels. John Monteleone's name was connected to this investigation but he was never charged. Monteleone started a four year sentence for criminal contempt in 1986.
Thanks. Do you think this was a Grand Av-Cicero operation? Besides being an alleged Chinatown member and leader, I believe Monteleone was also a long time Buccieri/Cicero guy according to his daily associations with the Cicero crew. Whats your opinion?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Villain wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:29 am
Thanks. Do you think this was a Grand Av-Cicero operation? Besides being an alleged Chinatown leader, I believe Monteleone was also a long time Buccieri/Cicero guy according to his associations....
This was everywhere. It wasn't an investigation targeted at a specific crew. The joints that were busted were all over the map. Northlake to Lyons to the Heights. It was a concerted effort to shut down illicit brothels, strip clubs, and massage parlors in the Chicago area, and expose some of the extortion and bribery that allowed them to operate.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Snakes wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:31 am
Villain wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:29 am
Thanks. Do you think this was a Grand Av-Cicero operation? Besides being an alleged Chinatown leader, I believe Monteleone was also a long time Buccieri/Cicero guy according to his associations....
This was everywhere. It wasn't an investigation targeted at a specific crew. The joints that were busted were all over the map. Northlake to Lyons to the Heights. It was a concerted effort to shut down illicit brothels, strip clubs, and massage parlors in the Chicago area, and expose some of the extortion and bribery that allowed them to operate.
Thanks again since i didnt know that the operation involved lots of joints in many different areas. I think that "Go Go Girl" club shown in the clip was in fact an Outfit joint...