Casalesi Clan laundered 100 milions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Casalesi Clan laundered 100 milions

Post by furiofromnaples »

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lagazz ... alesis.amp

63 arrests for laundering for Casalesis

ROME, OCT 11 - Italian police on Monday arrested 30 people on suspicion of laundering money for the powerful Casalesi clan of the Neapolitan Camorra mafia, the crime family whose death threats have forced Gomorrah writer Roberto Saviano into round-the-clock police protection. Those arrested allegedly laundered over 100 million euros for the Casalesi, who are based in Casal di Principe north of Caserta. The 63 people lived in the provinces of Naples, Caserta and Salerno, police said. The money laundering operation took place via "systematic and massive tax fraud", police said. Some 48 of those arrested have been detained in prison. (ANSA).
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Re: Casalesi Clan laundered 100 milions

Post by Shellackhead »

On another level Jesus
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

Andrew Russo looking like a dumbo right about now...
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

The book on the Ndrangheta I just read talked about how much better the Italian OC groups are at laundering money than anyone else. It said Central and South American cartels, Russian and Asian crime syndicates will go to the Italians specifically for their money laundering expertise.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:33 pm The book on the Ndrangheta I just read talked about how much better the Italian OC groups are at laundering money than anyone else. It said Central and South American cartels, Russian and Asian crime syndicates will go to the Italians specifically for their money laundering expertise.
The Mexicans have also been using Asian groups a lot in recent years to launder their money.
All roads lead to New York.
ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

I remember the Gomorrah novel saying the Casalesi have had some $30B in assets seized over the years…and they just keep on going…
AM434
Straightened out

Post by AM434 »

Amershire_Ed wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 4:33 pm The book on the Ndrangheta I just read talked about how much better the Italian OC groups are at laundering money than anyone else. It said Central and South American cartels, Russian and Asian crime syndicates will go to the Italians specifically for their money laundering expertise.
Always looking for a good book on Ndrangheta, what is the name of the book?
Amershire_Ed
Full Patched

Post by Amershire_Ed »

AM434 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:11 am
Always looking for a good book on Ndrangheta, what is the name of the book?
The Good Mothers: the story of the women who took on the Worlds most powerful mafia. By Alex Perry.

It was pretty good!
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Who’s the most powerful Camorra clan?
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Shellackhead wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:46 am Who’s the most powerful Camorra clan?
The Mazzarella clan in Naples and the Casalesi of Casale di Principe near Caserta.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

furiofromnaples wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:26 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:46 am Who’s the most powerful Camorra clan?
The Mazzarella clan in Naples and the Casalesi of Casale di Principe near Caserta.
Ok good, I read about both of them.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

furiofromnaples wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 1:26 pm
What’s up with those clans & the Dominican Republic? They’re active there but nothing is heard or pops up in the news. last month a massive sweep of arrest were made in 600 places simultaneously & hundreds were arrested and charged with running a drug trafficking network codenamed "Operacion Falcon" but no news from the Camorra or even the Sicilians ever comes up. Even with the FBI & the DEA around.
Strax
Straightened out

Post by Strax »

I would say Casalesi hands down , Camorra lacks the connections that Sicilians and 'Ndrangheta have , Camorra clans disappear and appear in every few years, in recent years it got worse , you have clans made up of literally teenagers.

Casalesi structure are similar to Sicilians , also Nuvoletta clan similar to Sicilians , some members for Nuvolettas were made both into Camorra and Cosa Nostra.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Strax wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:22 pm
I would say Casalesi hands down , Camorra lacks the connections that Sicilians and 'Ndrangheta have , Camorra clans disappear and appear in every few years, in recent years it got worse , you have clans made up of literally teenagers.

Casalesi structure are similar to Sicilians , also Nuvoletta clan similar to Sicilians , some members for Nuvolettas were made both into Camorra and Cosa Nostra.
How is the Camorra initiation ritual? What are the differences with LCN?
SB1825
Straightened out

Post by SB1825 »

Shellackhead wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:34 pm
Strax wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:22 pm

How is the Camorra initiation ritual? What are the differences with LCN?
The Casalesi had an initiation ceremony in the late 1980s but I don’t think the Camorra does that anymore.