General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

thekiduknow
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by thekiduknow »

OcSleeper wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:33 pm Maybe Potential Cooperative?
Oh that might be it. It definitely seems to be another turn for Potential Confidential Informant. Thanks
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Nurzhamba wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:29 am which team was led by Greg Scarpa Sr.? In the media and in other sources, he is indicated as the captain, but on this site I only found a line where he was the current captain. Is it possible that Scarpa was in the team of Russo (the future Gioeli) from the mid-80s until the age of 93?
Scarpa was a captain for a couple of years in the early 1960s but demoted. In the the 1980s, when he was a soldier, he was with Tony Scarpati. His son Greg Scarpa Jr was made acting captain when Scarpati was having legal problems. During the Persico/Orena war, Scarpa Sr was a soldier, not a captain.
There you have it, never printed before.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

So my best friend asked me about crimes in Canada, I told him there’s an on-going mafia war in Canada & that got me thinking what led to the start of this? I don’t know much about Canadian organized crime. Someone enlighten me with a link or in their own words, thanks.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Shellackhead wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:29 pm So my best friend asked me about crimes in Canada, I told him there’s an on-going mafia war in Canada & that got me thinking what led to the start of this? I don’t know much about Canadian organized crime. Someone enlighten me with a link or in their own words, thanks.
In a nutshell, Poject Colisee leading to the arrest of enough Rizzuto guys to create a power vacuum which emboldened others, within and without, to start making moves.
All roads lead to New York.
calabrianwatch
Straightened out

Post by calabrianwatch »

You might want to try the other thread Buffalo/Canada - a lot of the unrest is in fact in Hamilton!
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:26 pm
Shellackhead wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:29 pm So my best friend asked me about crimes in Canada, I told him there’s an on-going mafia war in Canada & that got me thinking what led to the start of this? I don’t know much about Canadian organized crime. Someone enlighten me with a link or in their own words, thanks.
In a nutshell, Poject Colisee leading to the arrest of enough Rizzuto guys to create a power vacuum which emboldened others, within and without, to start making moves.
I would count vitos getting locked up the beginning of the fall. He even predicted it saying you guys don’t know what your doing.

You can possibly even go back to George Shias is getting killed leading to the official break of from the bonannos making the other factions want to go after them once Vito was locked up

Or
….
If you wanna quick how and why Canada is in war…
Just say DRUGS and NO PRISON
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:18 am You can possibly even go back to George Shias is getting killed leading to the official break of from the bonannos making the other factions want to go after them once Vito was locked up
What official break? The supposed one people talk about but have never proved?
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

OcSleeper wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:36 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:18 am You can possibly even go back to George Shias is getting killed leading to the official break of from the bonannos making the other factions want to go after them once Vito was locked up
What official break? The supposed one people talk about but have never proved?
That's obviously an old argument but sort of moot at this point since there's no identifiable Bonanno Montreal crew members alive at this point. Any ties are going to be operational, as opposed to organizational, in my opinion.
All roads lead to New York.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:51 pm That's obviously an old argument but sort of moot at this point since there's no identifiable Bonanno Montreal crew members alive at this point. Any ties are going to be operational, as opposed to organizational, in my opinion.
Guess it depends how much evidence you need but there are a few guys left who have been identified as made men by Renaud. Either way though you can't say Sciascia murder is when the Rizzutos officially broke off. I'm pretty sure that has only been played up to support the Sixth Family narrative. It's just frustrating people are still saying this when there's no evidence of it. You have Vitale and other Bonanno admin members meeting with them in the early-2000s, and Montagna collecting money in the mid-2000s.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

OcSleeper wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 1:43 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:51 pm That's obviously an old argument but sort of moot at this point since there's no identifiable Bonanno Montreal crew members alive at this point. Any ties are going to be operational, as opposed to organizational, in my opinion.
Guess it depends how much evidence you need but there are a few guys left who have been identified as made men by Renaud. Either way though you can't say Sciascia murder is when the Rizzutos officially broke off. I'm pretty sure that has only been played up to support the Sixth Family narrative. It's just frustrating people are still saying this when there's no evidence of it. You have Vitale and other Bonanno admin members meeting with them in the early-2000s, and Montagna collecting money in the mid-2000s.
Last I knew we all were content with saying they broke off
Who knew
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

I know it’s a bit of a stretch, but anyone has more in-depth information about the Castellammarese war?
Nurzhamba
Straightened out

Post by Nurzhamba »

Who is Mario Russo? Did he show up in the general photo of the members of the Bath Avenue crew? Somewhere it was written that this guy was very cruel, but he couldn't find anything else
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Why was Anthony Zizzo killed?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Ivan wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:32 pm Why was Anthony Zizzo killed?
Rumor has it he had a beef with Mike Sarno.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

slimshady_007 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:18 am
Ivan wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:32 pm Why was Anthony Zizzo killed?
Rumor has it he had a beef with Mike Sarno.

Over the video poker machines if I remember correctly.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.