Who takes over after Vic Amuso passes?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Who takes over after Vic Amuso passes?

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Do we have a detailed bio of Migliore?

Would love a read. Was he shelved post the hit attempt? If not how did he 'retire' or was he just an inactive soldier? etc etc.
Interested in any detail.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:15 pm Do we have a detailed bio of Migliore?

Would love a read. Was he shelved post the hit attempt? If not how did he 'retire' or was he just an inactive soldier? etc etc.
https://theblackhand.club/2018/09/20 ... -migliore/

This seems to have the most info about him out of anywhere, but it's mostly about the old Queens crew / Laratro in general. I didn't know he was shelved, that's crazy - but Amuso and Casso were either clipping rivals or forcing some of the older ones (like Macaluso) to retire, so maybe that's what they did with him.

Matter of fact that's probably what that hit attempt was. A warning shot. The Luccheses had a ton of hitters who pulled off successful hits. All of a sudden instead of an actual planned hit, they figure they'd kill him by driving by a restaurant and using a shotgun from a moving car? Maybe that was a warning shot to force him into keeping away
Last edited by newera_212 on Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

newera_212 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:25 pm I didn't know he was shelved, that's crazy - but Amuso and Casso were either clipping rivals or forcing some of the older ones (like Macaluso) to retire, so maybe that's what they did with him.
For clarity Im not saying he was, he WAS inactive so he either was shelved or he 'retired, inactive etc.

Appreciate the Link bud. Best.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:28 pm
newera_212 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:25 pm I didn't know he was shelved, that's crazy - but Amuso and Casso were either clipping rivals or forcing some of the older ones (like Macaluso) to retire, so maybe that's what they did with him.
For clarity Im not saying he was, he WAS inactive so he either was shelved or he 'retired, inactive etc.

Appreciate the Link bud. Best.
Did the link work? It's not showing up as it should on my end

That's what I think it was. Forced retirement under the threat of death. But as to the reason why, who knows. Apparently all of the guys they killed or forced into retirement (besides Chiodo and DiLapi) were because they were capable of potentially taking control of the family. Maybe it was the same with Migliore
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

newera_212 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:30 pm Did the link work? It's not showing up as it should on my end
It did not unfortunately.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 9:33 am
newera_212 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:30 pm Did the link work? It's not showing up as it should on my end
It did not unfortunately.
He must of been in good standing with Amuso, because he was part of the 2003-2009 ruling panel.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

Wiseguy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:09 pm
NJShore4Life wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:50 am
Wiseguy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:45 am
Ivan wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:58 pm like when Jerry Chilli wrote back and asked him something like "Why the hell are you writing to people like me? Knock it off."
It's a good question.

But at least we learned Scarfo liked wolves and Jack London books.
LOL, what are some of the other memorable replies he got from guys he wrote to?
I remember Borgesi responded to him too but don't recall any particulars.

I wonder if he realized these guys wouldn't give him the time of day if they weren't sitting in the can.
I mean how do you know they wouldn’t write back on the streets, it’s just a correspondence..I think many might not but depends on the person.
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:15 pm Do we have a detailed bio of Migliore?

Didn’t our old friend Maxipad do a feature on Migliore?? Where we learned he was in fact stabbed in the testicle
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Extortion wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:57 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 12:09 pm
NJShore4Life wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 11:50 am
Wiseguy wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 9:45 am
Ivan wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:58 pm like when Jerry Chilli wrote back and asked him something like "Why the hell are you writing to people like me? Knock it off."
It's a good question.

But at least we learned Scarfo liked wolves and Jack London books.
LOL, what are some of the other memorable replies he got from guys he wrote to?
I remember Borgesi responded to him too but don't recall any particulars.

I wonder if he realized these guys wouldn't give him the time of day if they weren't sitting in the can.
I mean how do you know they wouldn’t write back on the streets, it’s just a correspondence..I think many might not but depends on the person.
Are you serious? Yeah, I can totally see Borgesi being pen-pals with mafioso back in the day. Maybe join a book club together.
All roads lead to New York.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:59 pm

Didn’t our old friend Maxipad do a feature on Migliore?? Where we learned he was in fact stabbed in the testicle
thats the thing I tried to link
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

newera_212 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:22 pm

Ohhhhh, well actually that makes sense why the link doesn’t work

We banned his site
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:02 pm
newera_212 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:22 pm

Ohhhhh, well actually that makes sense why the link doesn’t work

We banned his site

LMAO. Had no idea
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

There are no warning shots in the Mafia.
There you have it, never printed before.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Frank wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:44 am He must of been in good standing with Amuso, because he was part of the 2003-2009 ruling panel.
This is a point of confusion.
Targeted for assassination, yet ruling panel less than a decade later. Seems an unusual trajectory. Anyone any clarity?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

HairyKnuckles wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:44 am There are no warning shots in the Mafia.
HK for the win!

Puns, today is your day :D