Colombo family boss, 11 others busted in NYC mob sweep: feds

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Colombo family boss, 11 others busted in NYC mob sweep: feds

Post by Dave65827 »

I got the impression reading the detention memo that a made guy or above is wearing a wire
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Lol Mush has been running around the streets for over 60 years & still make these mistakes
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:12 pmLooks like they got all these guys on tape explicitly talking about crimes. They even have Russo himself talking about business on a phone (presumably his home phone). Christ these mongoloids never learn. So the entire administration and about half the captains are going down for a 10 grand a month racket which they couldn't stop talking about on wires and phone taps. :lol:

Pogo
In addition to the $10,000 a month they were taking out of the health fund, they were also influencing the local's management and vendors to make decisions or contracts that benefited the Colombos. They were also shaking down the top union guy for part of his salary. Pretty much everything Esposito and the Genovese were doing with UFCW Local 2D.

Strangely enough, it's almost like many of these guys have decided the convenience of using their phone is worth the risks.
All roads lead to New York.
Uforeality
Straightened out

Post by Uforeality »

I find it kinda funny that these guys still meet in public places and talk on the phone. Its almost unreal.
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

SolarSolano wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:26 pm
Tonyd621 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:28 pm Russo speaking in Italian
That also surprised me - these old timers still do that to this day and its surprising. Probably slang or the FBI would have translated it no?
I'm sure they can, but in the full indictment on lawandcrime.com it's quoting some of the wiretaps then it says how Russo responded in Italian but it doesn't translate so either they didn't put it in or don't understand what he meant imo
Tonyd621
Full Patched

Post by Tonyd621 »

If you go to page 12(meeting in a garage) of this you can speculate who's the informant bc whoever is there is recording it. I bet they already know https://www.google.com/amp/s/lawandcrim ... ering/amp/
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Uforeality wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:06 pm I find it kinda funny that these guys still meet in public places and talk on the phone. Its almost unreal.
It's that or hiding in the car trunk while your driver goes the wrong way on the freeway offramp so you can meet face to face at a freeway median.
All roads lead to New York.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:01 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:12 pmLooks like they got all these guys on tape explicitly talking about crimes. They even have Russo himself talking about business on a phone (presumably his home phone). Christ these mongoloids never learn. So the entire administration and about half the captains are going down for a 10 grand a month racket which they couldn't stop talking about on wires and phone taps. :lol:

Pogo
In addition to the $10,000 a month they were taking out of the health fund, they were also influencing the local's management and vendors to make decisions or contracts that benefited the Colombos. They were also shaking down the top union guy for part of his salary. Pretty much everything Esposito and the Genovese were doing with UFCW Local 2D.

Strangely enough, it's almost like many of these guys have decided the convenience of using their phone is worth the risks.
I wonder if they became more reckless over the last year or so because they thought the feds weren't watching as closely with covid and everything. I don't know probably just dumb. :lol:

They were holding high level meetings at the bosses house. It's so stupid.
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

The entire administration meeting at his house and at restaurants, they are genuinely retarded
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

I'm with Pogo and Wiseguy on the demographics thing. The New York mob is going to massively change between now and 2050 as the guys born between 1930~1970 die off. Will be fascinating to watch.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Dave65827
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dave65827 »

Crazy how there’s a brand new indictment and you guys want to rehash the same things you’ve said a thousand times before
nizarsoccer
Straightened out

Post by nizarsoccer »

Dave65827 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:08 pm Crazy how there’s a brand new indictment and you guys want to rehash the same things you’ve said a thousand times before
For real. People kept complaining about the lack of action/lack of anything new to talk about. The Feds delivered a blockbuster takedown of the Colombo administration and people are still back to debating about the existence of certain Families.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Lets hope we get a good GL out of this.
Ryan98366
Straightened out

Post by Ryan98366 »

I have my own theory. Eddie Mush in a “Bronx Tale” ruined anything he bet on. Skinny Teddy is the Eddie Mush of the Colombo Crime Family. Any crime he’s involved with will get everyone indicted and in jail. He’s a fucking loser! :lol:
#Let’s Go Brandon!
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

Someone posted here a while ago as soon as Teddy jr got out of jail, he and his cousins opened up a foreign car rental place. I followed her on ig, she deactivated it.