Colombo family boss, 11 others busted in NYC mob sweep: feds

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TommyGambino
Full Patched

Re: Colombo family boss, 11 others busted in NYC mob sweep: feds

Post by TommyGambino »

JohnnyS wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:03 am
TommyGambino wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:17 am When did Teddy Jr get out?
I think it was around January of last year.
:lol: what a loser
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:27 am
Etna wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:40 am Also, it looks like according to the article below, Andy Russo attended court virtually from a hospital bed - so he is not in good health.

Another toothpick. :mrgreen:

Also it is hilarious watching Rooster trying to use this Colombo bust to resurrect the Pittsburgh family. The guy never stops.

Love the fact you cant stop thinking about me or using my name. Such a punk. It was merely showing this proves you and others don t know it all and never will even though you try your hardest. Has nothing to do with Pittsburgh, thats how you want to frame it though. Like I said, if this was in person youd be the quietest one in the room.
JohnnyS wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 5:04 am Btw, Pennisi confirmed Ralph is the younger brother of Luca. He described him as a low key guy.

Yeah I figured he was a relative. I also suspect Richsrd Ferrara is related to member Michael Ferrara.

Pogo
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Wiseguy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:02 am
ChicagoOutfit wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:10 pm I’ve heard posters say that indictments are indicative of how active a family is. Seems that the Colombo’s are continually being indicted yet are considered the weakest out of the NY5…
What about this is contradictory to you? Relatively speaking, the Colombos are the weakest of the NY families (though miles ahead of any remaining family outside the city). The last case of this magnitude against the Colombos was in 2011 and there have been a number of lesser cases between then and this latest one.
OcSleeper wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:17 pm Don't think they're getting indicted more than anyone else. Since 2000 the Bonanno and Lucchese Families probably have been hit the most.
Obviously there are variuos ways you can measure the hits a family takes. Not just the number of indictments but how many people are charged in those indictments, their respective ranks, the charges and potential prison time involved, the impact on the family hierarchy and business interests, and so on.
TallGuy19 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:50 pmIsn't it usually the bosses and captains that control unions? I've always thought of labor racketeering as being above a soldier's paygrade. When soldiers get busted it's usually for street-level crimes like bookmaking, gambling, loansharking, drug trafficking, extortion, etc.
It depends, sometimes yes, sometimes no. A classic case was Ralph Scopo, who was president of District Council of Cement and Concrete Workers Union and the main point guy for the mob's control of the concrete club prior to the Commission case. He was a soldier. Though, obviously he answered to people above him, so in a sense they had ultimate control.
AnIrishGuy wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:30 amYes but demographically, Italian Americans have very much moved from the working to middle classes. Therefore recruitment becomes a much harder sell to the next generation. The Hispanic (for want of a better catch-all descriptor) gangs, don't have that and therefore have a much bigger recruitment pool.

Like realistically, who are the next generation of members for the Colombos? Are there 20 'kids' aged between 18-30 interested in it?
That's the attrition factor mentioned above. The reason why Philadelphia lasted longer than Tampa, or why New York will outlast them all, is due to the size of their recruitment pools. With the self-perpetuating hierarchy, as long as there are new members to fill the empty spots, the family can survive. In terms of quality, the decline started a long time ago. In terms of quantity, the NY families are smaller than they were decades ago but not substantially so. But with the average age of a NY mafioso being in the 60's and 70's - to say nothing of plenty of members in their 80's and even 90's - the coming years could show a big change.
Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:27 amAlso it is hilarious watching Rooster trying to use this Colombo bust to resurrect the Pittsburgh family. The guy never stops.
As if we all don't know the NY charts aren't all-encompassing. They can only be updated as fast as the official info comes in, which they are. But to track the NY families, where there are hundreds of members, is quite different from tracking, oh say, Buffalo or Pittsburgh. As much some people may wish otherwise. Apples and oranges.
I could drop ten guys names you never heard of from Buffalo but I wont. Again, you "Wise"guys know shit.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

and comparing Pittsburgh to Buffalo is apples to oranges. Read what I wrote and take away your attempted twists.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

I actually know guys. You guys have wet dreams about reading about guys. Thats the difference.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Rooster is off his meds again with his multiple posts in rapid succession. :lol:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:02 am I could drop ten guys names you never heard of from Buffalo but I wont. Again, you "Wise"guys know shit.
Yeah, people who live in your head, you delusional turd.
Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:03 am and comparing Pittsburgh to Buffalo is apples to oranges. Read what I wrote and take away your attempted twists.
The difference between the two about a dozen old and inactive guys in Buffalo haven't actually fallen over yet.
Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:04 am I actually know guys. You guys have wet dreams about reading about guys. Thats the difference.
Mmm Hmm. You'll find a much warmer reception for your ridiculous claims on the GBB.
All roads lead to New York.
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Can we not turn this into another stupid argument y'all have had going for years now. Enough threads have been hijacked by it already.

Just leave it alone
slimshady_007
Full Patched

Post by slimshady_007 »

Jeez Teddy never gets a break. Yet again, immediately jumping back into the life right after getting paroled isn’t the smartest idea. You’d think he would learn from his past mistakes lol. I bet the judge will give him a stiff sentence. The guy literally can’t stay out of prison for more than a year.
Wise men listen and laugh, while fools talk.
eboli
Full Patched

Post by eboli »

'Theodore Persico Jr. was released by the Bureau of Prisons on May 29, 2020.'
He did more than a year, guys. :lol:
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Detention letter: https://embed.documentcloud.org/documen ... =1&title=1

"Theodore Persico Jr is a captain within the Colombo crime family who the investigation has shown will assume the role of boss after Russo"
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Unfortunately the link is not opening for me. Is there any new info in it? Thanks.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

"In mid-November 2020, the Colombo family leadership met at a restaurant in Brooklyn. Law enforcement officials surveilling the meeting observed Russo, Castellazo, DiMatteo, Ferrara and Vincent Ricciardo. During the meeting, it was decided that Russo would continue to serve as family boss and Persico would take over the leadership after Russo and upon his completion of supervised release."
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Thomas Costa was due to be inducted this fall.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Richard Ferrara was identified as a trusted advisor to the administration and was repeatedly identified meeting with DiMatteo and also worked closely with Persico.