Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Newyorkempire »

OcSleeper wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:09 pm I've also wondered what he's up too, he'd be one of the most senior members of the Montreal Mafia now. Back when everything started popping off in the mid 2000s he was at the center of it all. And there hasn't been much about him since his release in 2016. I think the article linked below is the last we heard him mentioned. His name also came up in the Violi recordings in 2015-2017, when Dom Violi offered to introduce the informant to Frank Cotroni Jr, Tony Mucci and Francesco Arcadi.

Was no mention of him even when Desjardins violated his parole and his bodyguard had a list of vehicles belonging to the Sicilians.

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2019/ ... t-en-force
Even the powerful Francesco Arcadi, a relative of former godfather Vito Rizzuto, is said to have returned to service after completing his sentence imposed after Operation Colosseum. On October 19, the 66-year-old was seen in public for the first time since 2006.
This seemingly implies that the Violis and the Contronis are now good with Leonardo Rizzuto? Or at odds? and Arcadi, Giordano and Del Balso were/are a separate faction?
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Also...is Cotroni Jr. involved? Article link

https://torontosun.com/2015/08/27/mobst ... dian-title
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:25 pm
OcSleeper wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:09 pm I've also wondered what he's up too, he'd be one of the most senior members of the Montreal Mafia now. Back when everything started popping off in the mid 2000s he was at the center of it all. And there hasn't been much about him since his release in 2016. I think the article linked below is the last we heard him mentioned. His name also came up in the Violi recordings in 2015-2017, when Dom Violi offered to introduce the informant to Frank Cotroni Jr, Tony Mucci and Francesco Arcadi.

Was no mention of him even when Desjardins violated his parole and his bodyguard had a list of vehicles belonging to the Sicilians.

Even the powerful Francesco Arcadi, a relative of former godfather Vito Rizzuto, is said to have returned to service after completing his sentence imposed after Operation Colosseum. On October 19, the 66-year-old was seen in public for the first time since 2006.
This seemingly implies that the Violis and the Contronis are now good with Leonardo Rizzuto? Or at odds? and Arcadi, Giordano and Del Balso were/are a separate faction?
I gotta go back and see what Scoppa said about Seguin in the book. Because some of this stuff is a little off. We know now Miriarchi hadn't reconciled anything. He was playing everyone. I'm not sure where his allegiance lies.

Arcadi bumbled and fumbled during his stint as leader, throwing his weight around, essentially starting the war. Then running to Europe when it got hot.
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:20 pm

I gotta go back and see what Scoppa said about Seguin in the book. Because some of this stuff is a little off. We know now Miriarchi hadn't reconciled anything. He was playing everyone. I'm not sure where his allegiance lies.

Arcadi bumbled and fumbled during his stint as leader, throwing his weight around, essentially starting the war. Then running to Europe when it got hot.
Would imagine he would be on the hit list by Vito Rizzuto then for the bad management, running to Europe? And then align himself with the group of former/current Rizzuto enemies (Violis, Cotronis) who seem to be stronger now with the removal of the Musitanos, who were once backed by the Rizzutos.

Also surprising that Scoppas couldnt get to Arcadi or Del Balso. Maybe this is part reason the latter moved to Quebec City?
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Newyorkempire wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:30 pm

Would imagine he would be on the hit list by Vito Rizzuto then for the bad management, running to Europe? And then align himself with the group of former/current Rizzuto enemies (Violis, Cotronis) who seem to be stronger now with the removal of the Musitanos, who were once backed by the Rizzutos.

Also surprising that Scoppas couldnt get to Arcadi or Del Balso. Maybe this is part reason the latter moved to Quebec City?
I dunno, Scoppa in the book said Vito would have been willing to take back even guys like Moreno Gallo. I posted a lot of it, you can check it out. A lot of the hits were pushed for by his lieutenants....
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:20 pm I gotta go back and see what Scoppa said about Seguin in the book. Because some of this stuff is a little off. We know now Miriarchi hadn't reconciled anything. He was playing everyone. I'm not sure where his allegiance lies.
A couple of excerpts from the latest Renaud article about the trial makes it look like Mirarchi was trying to keep his association with the Scoppas secret, so perhaps there was an outward reconciliation:
« Victor est le maître en arrière. C’était prévu que quand Victor sortirait [de prison], dépendamment comment ça irait, on allait ensuite péter les frères Scoppa pour démontrer que Victor n’était pas là-dedans »
Which, if I'm correct, roughly translates to: "Victor was the master in the background. It was planned that when Victor got out [of prison], depending on how it went, we would kill the Scoppa brothers to show that Victor was not involved."

Later in the article, Renaud describes a conversation the informant had with Charlie Renda about the "Sicilian faction" striking back. The informant brought up Mirarchi's involvement, and Renda said, "No, not Victor. We need him for the [cocaine] pipeline."
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:15 pm

I dunno, Scoppa in the book said Vito would have been willing to take back even guys like Moreno Gallo. I posted a lot of it, you can check it out. A lot of the hits were pushed for by his lieutenants....
You did a great job posting all that. Dont remember that part but there was a lot to read. If willing to take back Gallo, he must have been scared to meet thinking it was a set up, similar to Fernandez' situation. Hoping English version comes out soon.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

Newyorkempire wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:16 am

You did a great job posting all that. Dont remember that part but there was a lot to read. If willing to take back Gallo, he must have been scared to meet thinking it was a set up, similar to Fernandez' situation. Hoping English version comes out soon.
No, Sollecito didnt allow any chance of a reconciliation.... he pushed for his murder.... it's all in the Chapters I posted.....
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

chin_gigante wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:07 am
CabriniGreen wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:20 pm I gotta go back and see what Scoppa said about Seguin in the book. Because some of this stuff is a little off. We know now Miriarchi hadn't reconciled anything. He was playing everyone. I'm not sure where his allegiance lies.
A couple of excerpts from the latest Renaud article about the trial makes it look like Mirarchi was trying to keep his association with the Scoppas secret, so perhaps there was an outward reconciliation:
« Victor est le maître en arrière. C’était prévu que quand Victor sortirait [de prison], dépendamment comment ça irait, on allait ensuite péter les frères Scoppa pour démontrer que Victor n’était pas là-dedans »
Which, if I'm correct, roughly translates to: "Victor was the master in the background. It was planned that when Victor got out [of prison], depending on how it went, we would kill the Scoppa brothers to show that Victor was not involved."

Later in the article, Renaud describes a conversation the informant had with Charlie Renda about the "Sicilian faction" striking back. The informant brought up Mirarchi's involvement, and Renda said, "No, not Victor. We need him for the [cocaine] pipeline."
Which article was this one again?
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:27 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:16 am

No, Sollecito didnt allow any chance of a reconciliation.... he pushed for his murder.... it's all in the Chapters I posted.....
So in this case, Scoppa says that Sollecito over rode Rizzuto wishes. Crazy in itself. Shows his power at the time. Wonder if Ruzzuto was planning succession at that point knowing his health was declining.
CabriniGreen
Full Patched

Post by CabriniGreen »

So in this case, Scoppa says that Sollecito over rode Rizzuto wishes. Crazy in itself. Shows his power at the time. Wonder if Ruzzuto was planning succession at that point knowing his health was declining.

No, not exactly. It was never presented to Rizzuto. You gotta read it my man. You jumping to conclusions...
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:51 pm

No, not exactly. It was never presented to Rizzuto. You gotta read it my man. You jumping to conclusions...
Ok
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

CabriniGreen wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:30 pm Which article was this one again?
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... battre.php
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Raynald Desjardins parole revoked. Guess we'll see him back out in mid 2023 unless he gets parole again.
https://www.lapresse.ca/actualites/just ... voquee.php