Mob Members who had their sons, brothers or fathers killed.

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: Mob Members who had their sons, brothers or fathers killed.

Post by Villain »

PolackTony wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 11:13 am At the most generous, there is simply nothing to indicate any familial link between Torrio and Moresco, apart from this longstanding narrative that he was her (or Colosimo’s) nephew. Seems pretty unlikely to me that that there was any unknown blood relation between her and Torrio, at least, as they didn’t even come from the same region in Italy.

A possible link could’ve been via Torrio’s stepfather, Salvatore Caputo, who was Calabrese. After Torrio’s biological father died, Torrio’s mother, Maria Castelluccio, emigrated to the US where she married Caputo in NYC. They had three more kids together. Caputo was a grocer and, reputedly, a bootlegger himself. According to his naturalization records, Caputo was from Zinga, Crotone, Calabria, and I don’t see any familial link between him and Moresco’s family (who, of course, were from Cosenza province). Vittoria did have a bunch of siblings, maybe one of them married someone related to Caputo, who knows, but when I looked into it I didn’t find anything.

My guess is that perhaps Torrio or someone else told people in Chicago that he was related to Moresco to explain his transfer there. My suspicion is that Colosimo and Moresco were linked to some old Camorra/Piccioteria-type of Southern Mainlander criminal network. Perhaps Caputo had some links to that world also, though certainly Torrio had other more clear-cut underworld connections such as Paul Kelly and Frankie Yale.
Thanks and also nice theory. Once it was also mentioned that it mightve been some of Colosimos associates (maybe Caputo or maybe someone else) related to his family but still no direct connection or legit evidence. Thats why your theory regarding Torrio being simply a part of large national criminal network sounds quite plausible.
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
desertdog
Straightened out

Post by desertdog »

Didn't know 'big Paul' killed his son in law...
I thought it was just a guy dating his daughter, supposedly the guy said Paul looked like Frank Perdue (the chicken man),
didn't know Pauly was that sensitive.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

In one of those mob documentaries they said that the son in law beat Castellano's daughter and later on she had a miscarriage. Castellano naturally blamed him for it.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Ed
Straightened out

Post by Ed »

KC mobster Carl Gurera, the father of LCN member Joseph Gurera, was killed by his father-in-law and brothers-in-law. The Mangiaracina father and sons were connected or made. However, the dispute was personal, not LCN politics.
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

In 1982, when Colombo family member Joseph Peraino was wounded and his son, Joseph Jr, was killed, wasn't his brother Anthony the one who ordered it? There was a documentary series episode about that years ago, from the series "Nothing personal" with Steve Schirripa.